Saluki's and their crosses.

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Don't mock the Dunlops, mate ! They have their place.

I've got two pairs of Altberg Defenders, both gortex, one pair summer weight, one pair winter weight, gifted to me by a member on here, who would like to remain anonymous, but is famous for his philanthropy, loooking after the old, and his support of " Care In The Community " ! ??? !

IMG_1747.JPG.557624bb3b60dfbe361c2d236524b82f.JPG

I also have a pair of Fat Mikes £9.99 Dunlops !

The wellies are fine for a walk down to the Allotments with the dogs, but for coursing, lamping, ferreting, hunting, it's got to be the boots, every time ! ? !

Cheers.

I've got a pair of wellies, I cut them off old waders when they started leaking ?, but anymore than a few hundred yards and it's my boots. They've been across countless fields, over hedges and the like but they've also been tested up and down cliffs and on terrain wellies just won't cope with. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

me mate fresh out the army swore by the altbergs chart after half a season guess what he went with ? dunlops ? 

Dunlops were the wellies to go for years ago, then Mike Ashley bought out the company, moved production to china, and the difference in quality is obvious to anyone of a "certain age" ?

If you honestly  believe that Dunlop wellies are better than Altbergs, I'm going to have to set you some serious homework, and re-double my efforts in educating you ! ??? !

Edited by chartpolski
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Dunlops were the wellies to go for years ago, then Mike Ashley bought out the company, moved production to china, and the difference in quality is obvious to anyone of a "certain age" ?

If you honestestly believe that Dunlop wellies are better than Altbergs, I'm going to have to set you some serious homework, and re-double my efforts in educating you ! ??? !

? 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I've been out in my Brasher boots today out in the slop, wellies are much more convenient mind but my Dunlop thermal wellies leave my heels like this when walking any distance. ?

PXL_20210130_184600017.jpg

As the great Eric Morcambe said; " if I had feet like that, I'd walk on my hands ! " ?

Cheers.

• Haha 7
9 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

It's gone from saluki an there crosses to boots an wellies ffs. 

Have you ever seen a thread on here that hasn't meandered ?

Lets get it back on track; here's a genuine, c.o.o., beduin bred Saluki , I owned back in the early eighties;

IMG_0517.JPG.933b1c47a12679ebe5efb10ccbd8344d.JPG

Cheers.

• Like 6
Just now, chartpolski said:

Lets get it back on track; here's a genuine, c.o.o., beduin bred Saluki , I owned back in the early eighties;

Cheers.

She looks smug there, what was she like on hare Charts? 

Just now, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

A bet you'd go back to them days tomorrow mate ? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Is that out of razor, what is the dam fella? 

Razor is grandad both sides mate, dam was bred razor over a 5/8 3/8 bull x bitch and sire was bred razor over I believe a bitch which was a mix of merlin and Eve type coursing and minshaw. He is basically over half coursing blood with a few other bits and bobs. 

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

She looks smug there, what was she like on hare Charts? 

He's a dog ! ?

To be honest, I had the dogs out much as possible, but to even see a hare in the saudi desert , never mind kill one was a rarity .

I ran a few, but killed even fewer.

I have friends out their who have the means and finances to take their dogs and birds to hunt in North Africa and Pakistan who do well with the same types.

Cheers.

• Like 2