Saluki's and their crosses.

10 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

As for Binos 

2A043203-FCCC-4801-8219-E5C35D39B5B2.jpeg

Fcuk me I'll feel like that old man off Shawshank trying to compete with thermals and this and that. 

I suppose it's a sign of the times nowadays, in and out no messing about. 

Still, can't beat using your own blinkers and zoning in on a hare in it's seat. ?

• Like 2

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

1 minute ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

You wanna turn your location settings off before you put pics on here, how would greb of known that ?

Hahahahaha, well travelled mate, worked all over the shop, I can see him right now, it appears the hare is actually coursing the dog.... ?

5 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Has he been the dog that has clicked best with your bitch, would you use him again? 

No, from what I’ve seen I prefere the pups out of the dog I used out of buddy, they seem more aggressive, faster and better mouth than the dog I kept out of Romeo litter, but I might of been unlucky and kept the worst one out of that litter, I think Mchull has the best one out of that litter

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Fcuk me I'll feel like that old man off Shawshank trying to compete with thermals and this and that. 

I suppose it's a sign of the times nowadays, in and out no messing about. 

Still, can't beat using your own blinkers and zoning in on a hare in it's seat. ?

Do you think you will end up getting a coursing bred pup then mate i would love another but couldn't do with the aggro if it came on top especially taking the dog off you last time i got nicked for coursing was when my lurcher nailed an hare across from the hilltop boozer nr Conisbrough and ended up getting a 30 quid fine at Donny magistrates also got a police warning to stay out of Scunthorpe around about the same time. We used to get pulled regularly by the police once on the six mile bottom nr Newmarket and all the copper said was come in the week as his job every Sunday was to patrol the area lookin for ileagle courses. I doubt that would be the case nowadays.

1 minute ago, tatsblisters said:

Do you think you will end up getting a coursing bred pup then mate i would love another but couldn't do with the aggro if it came on top especially taking the dog off you last time i got nicked for coursing was when my lurcher nailed an hare across from the hilltop boozer nr Conisbrough and ended up getting a 30 quid fine at Donny magistrates also got a police warning to stay out of Scunthorpe around about the same time. We used to get pulled regularly by the police once on the six mile bottom nr Newmarket and all the copper said was come in the week as his job every Sunday was to patrol the area lookin for ileagle courses. I doubt that would be the case nowadays.

Yes mate I'm getting one this year if a good litter crops up and a pup is available. 

There's plenty of land to walk local where I won't get much bother and a few of my mates have permission with the digging so will see what I can do. 

I know a keeper from down Norfolk as well so will have words with him so if we can sort anything, it's teeming with gear down there so if it means chucking him a few quid then so be it. 

Got to think of it like this, plenty of the land we used to lamp we was without permission. 

That has never bothered me, just haven't had the time for a lurcher these past few years truth be told. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

No, from what I’ve seen I prefere the pups out of the dog I used out of buddy, they seem more aggressive, faster and better mouth than the dog I kept out of Romeo litter, but I might of been unlucky and kept the worst one out of that litter, I think Mchull has the best one out of that litter

You got any pics of these dogs pal, that's what would do my nut in about breeding, always wondering if you've ended up with the best of the litter. 

At least with going to working homes you can always use any out of the pups as stud if they turn put better than your own. 

34 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

As for Binos 

2A043203-FCCC-4801-8219-E5C35D39B5B2.jpeg

Is that the xm30 jai.do they stand out just as good in the dawn pic and the second pic when the sun's up a bit.

And can you spot them easy out to that lamp post in the middle of the pic..or will it detect even further out..

14 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Tbf mate it was Rich who told me that. 

So you'd say the right pure is just as good as the top coursing bred dogs? 

Are they like rocking horse shit these dogs though are will you get the percentages with the right lines? 

Its a tough one I fell lucky with mine if I was looking at buying a pup in I'd look for something lathered in cruise blood but many have had other lines of saluki added and often not clicked..

The lines now are also needing outcrossing as they are too close bred which a few of those that keep em have now bred to hounds from the east which was desperately needed next few years will be interesting if you are thinking of getting a coursing lurcher  you aren't risking much as they generally do what it says on the tin atb

• Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

You got any pics of these dogs pal, that's what would do my nut in about breeding, always wondering if you've ended up with the best of the litter. 

At least with going to working homes you can always use any out of the pups as stud if they turn put better than your own. 

I’ll have a look in a min, the dog I kept out the Romeo litter is a decent dog that would excel if run on massive land all the time but I don’t do that as much anymore, he likes to run them down a bit to much, they can’t all be champions in a litter