• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Maybe it’s just because a lot of lads with serious lines of dogs keep more bitches as that’s the brood animal and it’s easier to go to a stud than find a good brood bitch. I’ve always found in general it’s easier and more consistent to get a good dog but a good bitch is something to see. I’m thinking of bull x types there though. 

I honestly believe if you haven't got good bitches you've ain't got nothing, breeding for good dogs only will eventually lead you nowhere and has been the downfall of many a good line of both terriers and lurchers. 

Any serious dogmen I've known thought more of a good bitch than a good dog. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I honestly believe if you haven't got good bitches you've ain't got nothing, breeding for good dogs only will eventually lead you nowhere and has been the downfall of many a good line of both terriers and lurchers. 

You want your bitches like dogs divnt it bruh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Well said 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

That’s sort of what I was getting at. In all animals you only need a few good dogs to keep a line going but need good bitches and more of them. I think for strong work dogs have a natural advantage and can look better than they are because often they have things more their way. When you have a bitch that equals the dogs it usually means she’s punching above her weight and is a truly remarkable animal. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Now thats a term i've not heard in many a year... ??

Not thought of/mentioned nowadays but 'doggy bitches' once were coverted. I'm lucky to own one now. ?

I've had a few over the years, more so in terriers right enough where they seem to turn up more often in certain lines. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The big deer cross I had, Lima, acted like a dog.

She'd mount the other bitches and cocked her leg for a piss

FullSizeRender.jpg.9abeb62ea634960a3ff8a03a2fe5760c.jpg

Definately an Alpha female.

Cheers.

thats what a bitch pup is like now with me dog pup 6 month old mounts the facker all the time back to front or what lol

• Haha 1