• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

To be fair the best of any breed is created by taking the best female you can find out of a line that produces both top females and males and taking it to a male that is from the same line. And then keeping things tight. It’s just easy in theory and very hard in practice. 

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

But without dogs there'd be no dams, I'd say they are equally as important. 

As for dams that throw diamonds whatever is put over her, that's not the dam that's doing it, it's the breeding behind her. 

Maybe they are? BUT you can have what you may think the greatest dog that ever lived BUT if no one with a half decent bitch wants to use it, it's a total none starter, breeding wise...

?

4 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

To be fair the best of any breed is created by taking the best female you can find out of a line that produces both top females and males and taking it to a male that is from the same line. And then keeping things tight. It’s just easy in theory and very hard in practice. 

Yes, i'm all out if likes but yes...!

2 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Now thats a term i've not heard in many a year... ??

Not thought of/mentioned nowadays but 'doggy bitches' once were coverted. I'm lucky to own one now. ?

Quite a well known saying with staffs.  ?

Edited by shaaark
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

The big deer cross I had, Lima, acted like a dog.

She'd mount the other bitches and cocked her leg for a piss

FullSizeRender.jpg.9abeb62ea634960a3ff8a03a2fe5760c.jpg

Definately an Alpha female.

Cheers.

My old deer/grey x collie/grey was exactly the same.

Out of a litter of 9 bitches, she was BY FAR the most dominant.

Wouldn't even tolerate another dog (male) going near her!

13 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Sires area always going to make more of a name with horses because a mare can produce a very limited number of offspring in her life compared to a sire. However with ET transfer that might change. 

That’s the rule in horses but it’s a breeding operation horses I quoted I see run  the best by far was bosra sham that was a filly that ran against males she produced nothing urban sea aside from the arc got beat plenty but was only dam that produced two derby  winners 

Edited by green lurchers
Just now, SheepChaser said:

A slightly different topic but there is also sometimes a big difference between a performer and a producer. Some do both some only do one. 

Those that can do both are usually bred off good stock. 

27 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Sires area always going to make more of a name with horses because a mare can produce a very limited number of offspring in her life compared to a sire. However with ET transfer that might change. 

That’s the rule in horses but it’s a breeding operation horses I quoted I see run  the best by far was bosra sham that was a filly that ran against males she produced nothing urban sea aside from the arc got beat plenty but was only dam that produced two derby  winners,  frankel who never ran at arc distance produced derby winner and ledger he was from Galileo by urban sea 

27 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

That’s the rule in horses but it’s a breeding operation horses I quoted I see run  the best by far was bosra sham that was a filly that ran against males she produced nothing urban sea aside from the arc got beat plenty but was only dam that produced two derby  winners,  frankel who never ran at arc or derby distance produced derby winner and ledger he was from Galileo by urban sea 

3 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

That’s the rule in horses but it’s a breeding operation horses I quoted I see run  the best by far was bosra sham that was a filly that ran against males she produced nothing urban sea aside from the arc got beat plenty but was only dam that produced two arc winners 

You not remember Indian skimmer?  Beat EVERYTHING.

• Haha 1

Some dams you take to the mongrel up the street and she'd still produce quality. Seen it with greyhounds when put to different studs and if you study the lines there's always been special dams more so than special studs. 

Thats just my take on it anyway. 

• Like 1