What's cooking?

Differnt one for us this year, decided to go against tradition and have a ride into the Derbyshire Peaks with a bit of a pack-up. Daughters were well up fo it as long as we didn't do too much walking!!

Planned on eating out pic-nic style at Baslow Edge, cracking views from up there but it was far too exposed and cold for that carry on. 1° Farhengrade (lol) car was showing and right gusts coming in so binned it off.

Plean B, we ended up driving right the way down past Derwent Res and and right to the top of Howden Res.. until we ran out if road! And ate in the car!! Was a nice change and we all enjoyed it.

First nibbles. Salmon and cream cheese on that ciabatta.

20211225_132843-01.jpeg.bc77eeaaa71f71ac43f59c2ca738ab52.jpeg

Toffee pud..

20211225_140709-01.jpeg.663ae60ccec111e8fc27a2a51b339b22.jpeg

Ran out of road!!

Screenshot_20211225-134833_Maps-2.jpg.83697bda8c363c7b4baf3e25ca349fc9.jpg

Not over stuffed now... so should be all good for a sup later.  ABT folks....?

• Like 7

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

2 hours ago, green lurchers said:

Roll on the cold meats n pickles tonight 

42EC2E6E-E3DF-4D65-B01A-A3B8F90D9E76.jpeg

My fav, all the cold cuts. Be a few days away for me, about to get another two hams on the smoker, got a salmon to attempt to brine and smoke too, kinda regretting the salmon as gonna be a major job in a tiny kitchen, and not sure how well it will go down. But keeps me busy...

• Like 1