What's cooking?

2 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I agree - my last time in Miller & Carter I don't think the chef had his pan hot enough.

When I cook steak at home I like an Iron skillet nice and hot so that I can sear the outside without browning the meat too far in.

The food there was ok but, I do prefer home cooked.

My favourite is either fillet or tbone from our local butcher.

Imo Ribeye is the best steak with Rump second. I'm trying to source a special dry aged Rib of beef on the bone for Christmas is by far the best cut for roast imo.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Châteaubriand, talks a good game but massively overrated for me, anything like fillet is just bland and tasteless. 

That's crossed off my list anyway! 

Where was that Miller & Carter, In fact it’s got to be because of that big lettuce cabbage type thing they insist on serving up in a carnivore environment I’ve never understood it ? looks good though mate bar the lettuce.

Edited to say I’ve just seen Jonjons post lol ? I hadn’t read it until after I posted. 

Edited by FLATTOP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

It's Millar & Carter - I think they have quite a good reputation :thumbs:

Ahh I see it’s nice an that  but  not my cup of tea best thing on menu is marrow bone and the Malbec I like to know the breed n farm the spotty cnt in Miller can’t wait to fk off home and hasn’t a clue bout beef got me self two red poll sirlion ready for the reverse sear bit later 1/3 of price of Miller and so much more flavoursome 

3B40843E-0E3B-4803-B07E-0F854E1BB072.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 9
15 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Well, after all that steak talk earlier, my dinner was only going one way today :yes:

I got straight in the car and headed off to the butchers for a couple of big ol' T-bones from local Wiltshire beef :thumbs:

IMG_20211113_173853.jpg

Just realised you can't be very far from one of our farms.

• Like 1