3 hours ago, Ben coles said:

Not sure why, but thanks ?

I’ll try an explain why I’m a little confused you want a f1 knowing not many are bred out of dogs that are actually worked most are lied about what the beddy is doing just to breed litters because they sell an what the greyhound is about you want a f1 because of 50/50 parentage your mates a terrier man that works beddys that wants to put his working beddy to a courseing greyhound if he can find one not many if any good coursing greyhounds are available if a courseing greyhound is good there be kept an bred from at the kennel that courses them it’ll only be Irish bred ex track failed dogs blagged of as Irish coursing dogs in the uk?Your concern is with your terrier mates beddys is because there not kc that they could potentially produce a set of keys ie variation but if you use a kc beddy you will have variations ie good coats bad coats variation in build an hight as with kc beddys there struggling to control size in the breed kc beddy variation from 14-19tts ??‍♂️ But when you get your beddy greyhound f1 pea in a pod your hoping for more than a beddy whippet can do but you want to breed it to one of your beddy whippets that’s were I’m confused because your get your set of keys you were on about not wanting no matter what you may as well use your mates beddy to breed some f1s an hope for the best or just completely cut the middle man out find a decent f1 stud doing all you want an what’s expected an breed to your beddy whippet or even use a beddy greyhound hybrid. What ever way you choose mate there’s 50/50 chance it’s about increasing your odds what ever way you look at it. With a f1 it’s inventing the wheel anything after that is keeping the wheel rolling no point in keep going back to the beginning with a f1 hope that sort of clears up a bit why I was confused sorry about me dribbling on a bit as well 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1/4 JRT X 3/4 whippet; Cheers.

I don't post on here or come on here now I can do with out the aggro and argument just I googled Bedlington greyhounds to look something up but if you had no luck finding an F1 cross I have breed thes

Posted Images

1 hour ago, poxon said:

I’ll try an explain why I’m a little confused you want a f1 knowing not many are bred out of dogs that are actually worked most are lied about what the beddy is doing just to breed litters because they sell an what the greyhound is about you want a f1 because of 50/50 parentage your mates a terrier man that works beddys that wants to put his working beddy to a courseing greyhound if he can find one not many if any good coursing greyhounds are available if a courseing greyhound is good there be kept an bred from at the kennel that courses them it’ll only be Irish bred ex track failed dogs blagged of as Irish coursing dogs in the uk?Your concern is with your terrier mates beddys is because there not kc that they could potentially produce a set of keys ie variation but if you use a kc beddy you will have variations ie good coats bad coats variation in build an hight as with kc beddys there struggling to control size in the breed kc beddy variation from 14-19tts ??‍♂️ But when you get your beddy greyhound f1 pea in a pod your hoping for more than a beddy whippet can do but you want to breed it to one of your beddy whippets that’s were I’m confused because your get your set of keys you were on about not wanting no matter what you may as well use your mates beddy to breed some f1s an hope for the best or just completely cut the middle man out find a decent f1 stud doing all you want an what’s expected an breed to your beddy whippet or even use a beddy greyhound hybrid. What ever way you choose mate there’s 50/50 chance it’s about increasing your odds what ever way you look at it. With a f1 it’s inventing the wheel anything after that is keeping the wheel rolling no point in keep going back to the beginning with a f1 hope that sort of clears up a bit why I was confused sorry about me dribbling on a bit as well 

That’s not right mate have 2 Irish coursing bred bitchs myself deffo in England ? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, poxon said:

:shok:

2 hours ago, poxon said:

Is the bedlington worked in yours lurchers make up worked or lied about ?

58 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

That’s not right mate have 2 Irish coursing bred bitchs myself deffo in England ? 

Read back through what I’ve said fella ive not said there won’t be any in England is what I’ve said is the likelihood of them being good courseing greyhounds if they were any good the kennels would keep on to them for breeding its cast dogs that weren’t good that are given away or sold cheap to get rid.a lot of people with a ex track Irish bred greyhound will Blag it being a courseing greyhound 

8 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Is the bedlington worked in yours lurchers make up worked or lied about ?

Couldn’t tell you mate what the breeding of the beddys in mine was/is id be a lieing c**t if I made out I know all I know was the f1 I used was a good un an could do what I was after with proof ??The best bitch out the litter I bred was then bred on to a another long line beddy cross there was a outcross border/beddy in there about 20-25yr ago that Lurcher was bred to another f1 that was used as a foxer an that had proof with that end result is the young bitch I’ve got now just proven worker to worker bred how about yours? Let me guess a courseing greyhound x a Rambo descendant line beddy ?

48 minutes ago, poxon said:

Couldn’t tell you mate what the breeding of the beddys in mine was/is id be a lieing c**t if I made out I know all I know was the f1 I used was a good un an could do what I was after with proof ??The best bitch out the litter I bred was then bred on to a another long line beddy cross there was a outcross border/beddy in there about 20-25yr ago that Lurcher was bred to another f1 that was used as a foxer an that had proof with that end result is the young bitch I’ve got now just proven worker to worker bred how about yours? Let me guess a courseing greyhound x a Rambo descendant line beddy ?

Your a bad man d

• Haha 1

we are all at the mercy of what we are told is in the breeding. you try and do your homework to tip the odds in your favour and a lot of hard work goes into a breeding program. l have always bought pups in, sometimes it works other times not. bitch I have now is a unregistered beddy to a non ped whippet. not got a clue about the beddy, could have a bit of fell in it, but she does everything I bought her for?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, poxon said:

Read back through what I’ve said fella ive not said there won’t be any in England is what I’ve said is the likelihood of them being good courseing greyhounds if they were any good the kennels would keep on to them for breeding its cast dogs that weren’t good that are given away or sold cheap to get rid.a lot of people with a ex track Irish bred greyhound will Blag it being a courseing greyhound 

Paid good money for both mine one as a pup one as a sapling but the man sold em to me and I’m in England so they must be shit ?? 

55 minutes ago, poxon said:

Oh I see so it could av been a shite none worker if you had no idea about it’s background ? When I got my bitch it was coz after a lurcher no a terrier and without looking I wouldn’t know if Rambo was in its lines or cared really but was chasing the dragoon tryin to get sumat similar to what I once bred , bedlington have more strings to there bow that just earth dogs I was told there sire was used to ground not that asked or give a toss if it did or not , And wouldn’t big the dog up as she not as good as others I’ve had but is doin the job I got her for ,as for foxes that just happened and to me that a fault as since that started terriers are fare game aswell , do you actually work your dogs or just come on here to slate everyone else’s 

36 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

This brindle bitch is Irish coursing bred, sired by Mafi Magic

IMG_4406.JPG.ca826ec3262933ae4691d4e6c32170c1.JPG

She was put to a pure deerhound , but sadly didn't take.

Cheers.

Nice bitch that mate was she worked?  mafi magic is grand sire to my brindle bitch I’ve had from pup ?

For my two pennies worth any reasonably robust beddy crossed with a pure grey is likely to throw reasonable general knockabout lurchers, if the grey is from staying lines then all the better. The greyhound is such an athlete that its abilities  make up for the other side shortfalls ie speed, strength, drive etc and the other side tones down the greyhound attributes to make it less of an accident waiting to happen. Basically the other cross in just their to make it look right, size, coat etc and to tone down the Formula one animal into an everyday workhorse, be it beddy or deerhound for that matter. None of the parents would have worked but  they are used for what they bring not what they are. Sometimes the whole is greater than its parts.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Loton Moocher said:

Oh I see so it could av been a shite none worker if you had no idea about it’s background ? When I got my bitch it was coz after a lurcher no a terrier and without looking I wouldn’t know if Rambo was in its lines or cared really but was chasing the dragoon tryin to get sumat similar to what I once bred , bedlington have more strings to there bow that just earth dogs I was told there sire was used to ground not that asked or give a toss if it did or not , And wouldn’t big the dog up as she not as good as others I’ve had but is doin the job I got her for ,as for foxes that just happened and to me that a fault as since that started terriers are fare game aswell , do you actually work your dogs or just come on here to slate everyone else’s 

He said u smelt aswell 

• Haha 2