• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1/4 JRT X 3/4 whippet; Cheers.

I don't post on here or come on here now I can do with out the aggro and argument just I googled Bedlington greyhounds to look something up but if you had no luck finding an F1 cross I have breed thes

Posted Images

2 hours ago, fred90 said:

I like the look of that. would fancy trying a whippet x wheaton cross

There's a fella on this site that has one. Can't think of his name now?

Think the dog is about 21" tts, if I remember correctly. Strong looking dog.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Fair play looks a strong fecker ,I honestly never seen one before apart from in a book it defo didn’t look like that ,then again you can say the same for a bedlington lol

These belonged to an Irish lad I know, some years back;

IMG_4432.JPG.0814768ee295e55600585a9b3fb00082.JPG

IMG_4435.JPG.82e612870d1745d2e2c2841b85ebb1a6.JPG

Strong Stuff had a nice Wheatan with him last time I spoke to him a few year ago.

Cheers.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MH1 said:

Yeah, I think that's the one mate ?

Just had a read of that, 23" tts and 60lb ?. Thought he was a little smaller than that.  Strong looking dog though ?

Edited by shaaark
On 28/01/2021 at 10:27, Ben coles said:

To be honest I was looking for an F1 for reason opposite to what you’re stating. The first generation are usually used as a cross because the dogs were in a proven state. And you usually end up with a good even amount of both genes. That goes for build, shape and coat (usually rough coated) 

Yeah, I even spoke to a friend that works Bedlingtons, terrierman for a local hunt. And he is lining his proven  dog with a greyhound soon but they are still on the lookout for a coursing greyhound. My only issue with his working bedlingtons, like many nowa days, they are not of pure blood. Many  now have Lakey added. This worries me as the dog  (beddy x whippet) I would like to use over the beddy greyhound bitch (if I can find one) for future lines, I would would end up with a bunch of keys in the litter and probably too much wastage. 

I’m left confused Ben lol but good luck with it hope you get lucky ??

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.