Job opportunity

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might be looking for a young lad 18_22 year old , to be trained up to level 2 standard in pest control . Ideally in a 10 mile radius of Glasgow.  Driving licence is a must . Starting off cleaning pige

There's always work out there if you want it.... I work on sites, and I can never remember a team of 2/3 brickies needing 5/6 labourers?most are bone idle and attached to their phones.... Same go

When I started work you expected to get all the shitty jobs,it was a fact of employment the the new kid got all the shit and tricks.You stuck at it and worked your way through the system and when a ne

Posted Images

On 02/09/2020 at 12:32, W. Katchum said:

Just to add, similar if any youngsters around the leyburn area want a crack at farming an got a driving licence then pm me ?

If I'd of seen this 10/12 years ago id of travelled up the a1 every day without a doubt. Too many living off mum and dad most of em think there's only one 1 o'clock in the day

I pay my brickies 190,and ones on 220 to 240 a day.,they do 7 days a week.labourer,hoddy gets 145 away.good lads.got nice homes,cars etc.but have a young grammar school leaver stands about day dreaming, thick as shit.ask most stupid questions like when we fill up the water butt with hose,he will ask were the tap to turn it off.gets the hump when I say try following the hose you c....t.if you got a proper accountant your taxes won't be too sad ,its what makes the world go round,everyone keeps money coming in.its a one way street with these benefits dinlos.no contributions to society whats so ever.my plumber is a boy,young,hard working don't mind any shit jobs,earns well.

• Like 1

Tbh lads I think it depends on where in the country you live, I live in an old mining community and almost all jobs around me are factory work. 

I have had a few jobs most factory work but I put myself thro my telehandler for nothing as all the sites by me only wanted holiday cover, worked away referbishing multi story car parks, land drilling etc neither payed incredible money. Came back home started for a firm doing the tarmac for local council and ended up getting kept on and put on my own jobs doing price work laying new paths, kerbs putting in islands in the road etc all way going well but we were completing jobs faster that was stated in the contract and the gaffer was taking money off us saying it only took ex amount of time so its not worth paying that. Got to the point he took £350 off me for 1 weeks work that we completed so I thought frig this I have a mortgage to pay and this tosser is pulling money off me anywhere he can so now I'm hosing about loads of diffrent jobs trying to find something that pays half decent for an honest day's graft. 

Sometimes it's not the young lads like my self who won't graft it's the c**ts that run the place don't like paying for hard grafters. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, jcm said:

Tbh lads I think it depends on where in the country you live, I live in an old mining community and almost all jobs around me are factory work. 

I have had a few jobs most factory work but I put myself thro my telehandler for nothing as all the sites by me only wanted holiday cover, worked away referbishing multi story car parks, land drilling etc neither payed incredible money. Came back home started for a firm doing the tarmac for local council and ended up getting kept on and put on my own jobs doing price work laying new paths, kerbs putting in islands in the road etc all way going well but we were completing jobs faster that was stated in the contract and the gaffer was taking money off us saying it only took ex amount of time so its not worth paying that. Got to the point he took £350 off me for 1 weeks work that we completed so I thought frig this I have a mortgage to pay and this tosser is pulling money off me anywhere he can so now I'm hosing about loads of diffrent jobs trying to find something that pays half decent for an honest day's graft. 

Sometimes it's not the young lads like my self who won't graft it's the c**ts that run the place don't like paying for hard grafters. 

That’s what I was getting at young lads are expected to graft like f**k for pennies and be grateful for it, fair play if that’s what you like doing but it’s not for me.

Not always the case,all young lads start on shit money,the sooner they become an asset,I give them more,if they stand about on texting,hands  down thier pants that tells me they really want to be at home on the xbox .lads down here can start on 75 to 85 aday.not bad for 16yrs old 6 day a week.go up to 120,150 plus if they want a bit of graft.1500 a week easy done 6 days a week if you can work hard with a trade.fukin plumbers on 400 ,500 away.

Edited by Qbgrey
15 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Not always the case,all young lads start on shit money,the sooner they become an asset,I give them more,if they stand about on texting,hands  down thier pants that tells me they really want to be at home on the xbox .lads down here can start on 75 to 85 aday.not bad for 16yrs old 6 day a week.go up to 120,150 plus if they want a bit of graft.1500 a week easy done 6 days a week if you can work hard with a trade.fukin plumbers on 400 ,500 away.

I'd do any job fir 1500 a week. 

Not many trades now make that kinda money 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nothernlite said:

Dont kid yourself make that on sites if you want graft 

Brikies and joiners do git alot of mates doing them trades makeing good money but I started my career as a machanic and there is no money in that unless you own your own business 

I know a few young brickies who do work for us but working through someone else, they weren't happy so have come on for us direct on their own.... Good coin to be earnt if you want it, good time to on the trowel if your a grafter?

I'm buzzing for them, they will do well, good lads will always be in work?DSC_0286.JPG.d6b7048a1110239b1130bd17d32ed720.JPG

• Like 2

Suppose it all depends what you value more, extra cash or extra free time. Some lads want to work 60hrs a week and make as much as possible. Some want to work 30hrs and make just enough but enjoy their spare time. Neither are right or wrong just different priorities. 

• Like 2
Just now, W. Katchum said:

Deffo agree mate, I earn enough to keep us living a decent life, never gonna get rich, I got 4 kids tho who want for nowt, quad bikes, scooters, every toy they ever wanted an I still get to spend most days with them, we only get one go at this shit, why waste it punching your cnut in to work, obviously living on benefits can’t be much fun, but it’s not jist a choice of benefits or work 40/50/60 hour weeks, there is a happy medium of you that way ? 

That’s the way I like to do it, i don’t want to be rich, I’m not a fan of holidays etc, not fussed with expensive cars, as long as I’m comfortable that’ll do me. Life only happens once, f**k spending 60hrs a week grafting, bank balance will look tidy but fast forward 40 years to retirement & you won’t have many memories to look back on. 

• Like 2