Job opportunity

8 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

King won’t have pay slips to prove it tho will he? So first person to bet me a weeks wage I’m lying an I’ll show em? an I never said 20, I said closer to 20 than 13 an I’m pretty sure 17. Odd is closer.

lets see who will take me bet, seeing as I jist a farm hand ?

Your a farm manager 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might be looking for a young lad 18_22 year old , to be trained up to level 2 standard in pest control . Ideally in a 10 mile radius of Glasgow.  Driving licence is a must . Starting off cleaning pige

There's always work out there if you want it.... I work on sites, and I can never remember a team of 2/3 brickies needing 5/6 labourers?most are bone idle and attached to their phones.... Same go

When I started work you expected to get all the shitty jobs,it was a fact of employment the the new kid got all the shit and tricks.You stuck at it and worked your way through the system and when a ne

Posted Images

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Am I fcuk mate, I’m a glorified miller, but I do work at night, an me rate is me rate, why would I lie an try me out to earn more than I am, an then advertise job on here ??

tomo’s wee mate worked with us an was on 15 quid an hour when he covered for me, we sacked him, an since then I was offered a score an hour to work away mon/fri an mentioned it to boss who met the company in middle ? like I said here’s jobs here with me of anybody wants but I doubt you’d get same wage to start with unless you could do all I can an I been here fair few years now ?

I sharnt bother mate im not keen on coos the do massive farts 

2 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

How much, eh, I didn't get that working a 40 hr wik when I left school , look are you employing elderly gentlemen  cos im on my way fer an interview, you will recognise me, I have the latest model of the upwalker lite

We didnt even have a cup at tea. Break best we could do was to suck on piece of damp cloth

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

? if my missus comes in an stil has her number I’ll send it anyways, I’d send me bollocks in post if I had to, to prove i nowt like king ??

Theirs no f****r like king.he was bringing home £1200/week on 37 hours.

I'd say £18 an hour for hard manual labour is about right depending that your good at what you do.

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Like iv said mate, there’s jobs there, I advertise them  quite a lot, folk here know folk that worked with me, other folk come up me work quite a lot for a chat or a mooch or shooting or whatever an often chat with farmer an his ole man, so why would I lie ??

I like the job, it’s hard, dirty an I’m usually on me own so have to find ways a doing things, but it pays well( obviously, seeing as it’s so unbelievable ?) so I’ll stick with it ??

I believe u man its not that outlandish ffs I just couldn't stand there farts atb 2 u 

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Piss clouds are worst part of working with cows, hands down worse than the rest when it comes wafting your way ☹️? Some really good bits tho, watching a calf being born whilst sat with a brew waiting for it to come out whilst the blackbirds are singing the dawn choir in spring takes some beating, or just sat watching the Wildlife about the farm day an nights is nice, take me kids to work an stuff so it all makes up for the farts am kids clouds ??

Fair play sounds good its not all about the money I like doing a good job 

• Like 1
On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 14:13, Shadow100 said:

It’s easy to say about young lads being lazy, but I’d bet there’s been a lot of hardworking young lads sickened by the lazy b*****ds that employ/manage them. A lot of companies take young lads on with the promise of training, career progression & competitive wages, when in reality they’re just looking for someone to do all the shit jobs they can’t be arsed with for minimum wage, then when they get older and they'd have to pay them more they f**k them off and replace them with another 16-18 year old.

Theres only so many days a keen young lad can get shouted & moaned at by some fat work shy idiot for minimum wage before he loses his work ethic. There’s more to life than that IMO and that’s the way a lot of companies treat young boys these days so there’s 2 sides to that argument.

When I started work you expected to get all the shitty jobs,it was a fact of employment the the new kid got all the shit and tricks.You stuck at it and worked your way through the system and when a newer employee started it cut you some slack.Any wage was better than the dole and you were more than content when you picked your Friday wage packet up.To many now are not willing to start at the bottom as they believe they have a god given right to start employment on the same terms as folk that have earnt it.Fair play to the lads that are offering young uns a fair chance at employment,i hope they get the sort of youth that recognises the fact they have been given a chance and wish to earn it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Yip shitey Jobs alround, but I’d never ask anybody to do sumat I wouldn’t do meself ?

Exactly,any youngster will readily follow the example that is set.Its when the wanker in charge,on more money,tosses it off and puts the workload on the newbe.I was learnt to work years before I got a job.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, morton said:

When I started work you expected to get all the shitty jobs,it was a fact of employment the the new kid got all the shit and tricks.You stuck at it and worked your way through the system and when a newer employee started it cut you some slack.Any wage was better than the dole and you were more than content when you picked your Friday wage packet up.To many now are not willing to start at the bottom as they believe they have a god given right to start employment on the same terms as folk that have earnt it.Fair play to the lads that are offering young uns a fair chance at employment,i hope they get the sort of youth that recognises the fact they have been given a chance and wish to earn it.

That’s the way society sees employing young people today, as if lads should be on their hands and knees begging for the chance to do a shit dead end job, for the bare minimum they can legally be paid. If they decide thats not for them and they don’t jump at every job going they get called ungrateful, spoiled, lazy etc. I did my fair share of shit jobs when I left school, more than enough actually, and it got me nowhere at all. In the end I decided to stop scrambling for all these “great chances” you hear about and do my own thing, and now I wish I’d done it years ago. 

• Like 3