Job opportunity

2 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

That’s the way society sees employing young people today, as if lads should be on their hands and knees begging for the chance to do a shit dead end job, for the bare minimum they can legally be paid. If they decide thats not for them and they don’t jump at every job going they get called ungrateful, spoiled, lazy etc. I did my fair share of shit jobs when I left school, more than enough actually, and it got me nowhere at all. In the end I decided to stop scrambling for all these “great chances” you hear about and do my own thing, and now I wish I’d done it years ago. 

Rubbish,its that type of attitude that portrays Britain now.You start work on the lowest rung of the ladder,unless daddy sent you to Eton,then you toss it off for a few years,at daddy,s expense,leave college and walk into government or high finance and eventually run the country.Back in the real world you climb the rungs as you gain experience,you earn as you learn,you get used to the cold,the dirt,the slog,the mundane tasks and long,long laborious hours,eventually your body and mind becomes accustomed to the workload,the early start and late finish and you grow into a man,or woman and if you have an affinity to both you are in bother.You start work as a boy with a boys body,work makes men of boys and soppy complaining pricks of New Britain.

• Like 1

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might be looking for a young lad 18_22 year old , to be trained up to level 2 standard in pest control . Ideally in a 10 mile radius of Glasgow.  Driving licence is a must . Starting off cleaning pige

There's always work out there if you want it.... I work on sites, and I can never remember a team of 2/3 brickies needing 5/6 labourers?most are bone idle and attached to their phones.... Same go

When I started work you expected to get all the shitty jobs,it was a fact of employment the the new kid got all the shit and tricks.You stuck at it and worked your way through the system and when a ne

Posted Images

5 hours ago, ginger beard said:

If your in a skilled hard manual labour job,good at it and reliable you can pretty much name your price as long as you don't take the piss to much but I'd say 20 an hour is a very good wage by 70% of people.

That's way over the rates of most labouring jobs in construction tbh. 

Im assuming him being on nights is a big bump up, I f***ing hate nights with a passion even if it's spot on to get on with your shit during the day. 

Edited by Greb147
28 minutes ago, morton said:

Rubbish,its that type of attitude that portrays Britain now.You start work on the lowest rung of the ladder,unless daddy sent you to Eton,then you toss it off for a few years,at daddy,s expense,leave college and walk into government or high finance and eventually run the country.Back in the real world you climb the rungs as you gain experience,you earn as you learn,you get used to the cold,the dirt,the slog,the mundane tasks and long,long laborious hours,eventually your body and mind becomes accustomed to the workload,the early start and late finish and you grow into a man,or woman and if you have an affinity to both you are in bother.You start work as a boy with a boys body,work makes men of boys and soppy complaining pricks of New Britain.

So you need to work long hours in a mundane job to become a man? Ffs I thought the shit you talked about lurchers was bad enough

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I asked around after this post earlier an my good pal a brickie in Pickering an paying labourers 120 a day for a 8 hour day, days it’s hard graft an not many stick it but that’s the rate ?

I think my brother pays his labourer about 100 or 110 a shift, they do drop like flies. 

I've told the tight c**t to up his rates but they are greedy fuckers. 

Edited by Greb147
25 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

It did get you somewhere it for you where you are now ?

That’s a fair point, I bet some of my old employers would say I was lazy, but truthfully I just lack motivation when I’m working for someone else. Graft like f**k for myself though just how I am so winds me up a bit when i hear people say lads that don’t want to work 50+ hours a week on min wage for an employer are lazy cause in a lot of cases they’ll just be the same as I was. 

4 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

So you need to work long hours in a mundane job to become a man? Ffs I thought the shit you talked about lurchers was bad enough

No I was attempting to get across that long mundane hours and a low wage have an habit of making the man,ffs if what I talk about lurchers sets me up for your radar god help others.

7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

An I bet all the ones where truly lazy an too good to even go try them shit jobs with shit bosses never learnt to appreciate there time an them go on to better themselves, prob still on same sick line ot dole que they was when you took your first job, now you can sell yourself, see a rewards, graft an earn it, I’d say that shitty education you got from all them jobs paid off ?

It just makes me wonder how long a rent boy can earn a crust from his boyish charm and firm butt?

My experience of bricklayers over the last few days is that they are a bunch of greedy, lazy cvnts ! LOL !

I'm turning my garage into a man cave and need a hole cut in the wall to fit a door I've supplied.

One greedy b*****d wanted £650...... I just ignored him.

Another offered to do it, cash in hand, for £250; supposed to be here at 9 this morning, but texted me saying his van had failed the m.o.t. at 7:30 !!!!

These chancers were recommended by "Checkatrade" 

If I was 20 years younger, I would have hired a sthil saw and done it myself !

I knew I shouldn't have fell out with Markbrick, he could have done it and we could have had a night on the lamp ! LOL !

Cheers.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

I asked around after this post earlier an my good pal a brickie in Pickering an paying labourers 120 a day for a 8 hour day, days it’s hard graft an not many stick it but that’s the rate ?

I was on 60 a day in the 90s all hod and ladder and a mixing point wish I were 30 years younger that's good money for a job that's easier now than when it was 25 years ago. 

• Like 1

I’ve had a number of shit low payed jobs over the years I Went to college I got qualified as a mechanic re done maths,English,iT an done a welding course I thought that would better my self I done 3yrs after being qualified I’d always been in to cars an engineering an restoration of motor vehicles but your taken the piss out of in these trades pays not as great as made out if your qualified in these trades I lost my love for cars I literally fell out with my boss in my garage one morning over being low payed as we had a morning meeting  I’d work like f**k I’m not work shy by the afternoon I thought f**k this I jacked I spent the next 10 yrs in a dead end factory job stuck in a rut not wanting back in the car trade not progressing forward struggling to make ends meet although doom an gloom I kept pushing forward relationship struggled an failed due to arguments about money for paying bills no food in the house we couldn’t do nothing we were broke we couldn’t continue my misses was better off without me I was living on the road just me an the dog for a bit all life’s stress went away I started dealing/buying an selling (not drugs)I done well buying an selling I was making ok money I got in the swing of things I then got a job in the building trade working for a local firm via a good lad I’d helped out in the past that got me on Im basically a glorified labour because I’m not really qualified as such I started off on a 90 flat day rate my boss figured out how handy I am to have about an I’m a worker not a lazy c**t. even though I’m employed An on the books he put me On price work Give me a van fuel payed an told me to crack on I look after my self now in my job role I need minimal interaction from anyone in Managment no one breathing down my neck I know all my jobs coming up come direct to me I sort my self out with site agents I organised my self.2yrs ago a Young guy I work with who’s qualified kicked off at my boss because he found out how much I was earning at the Christmas drink my boss is a good laugh an said to the guy your on price work hard reap the rewards like he does then gets his phone out checks the van tracking an says to the lad  in your contact it says start at 8 finish at 4.30 I don’t see none of these contacted times met yet your here moaning at me about someone earning more money than you that arrives early an leaves later 

• Like 1

Still no takers for the job unfortunately.  As I said previously,  I reckoned a lad that was a keen hunter sould be suited to the post . It is a shitty job to start with,  pardon the pun.  I myself took a big pay cut to get into pest control. However,  after a lot of hard work and dedication I have far surpassed my previous earning capacity of any my previous jobs . I have knocked back the managers job but advised the owner to promote a 30 year old with less experience to that post . I could see he had all the qualities to run the office and stream line the running of the place . Another lad who has risen through hard work . That's the key to being a good grafter . Respect,  honesty,  drive and a willingness to get the job done . Everyone in our division are comfortable in their lives due to being a team player . This thread has went down a different road , but that is totally understandable.  I personally dont care how anyone gets bye.  I enjoy having bought my house through honest graft and doing it right . Theres a sense of achievement in it . Knowing your door ain't coming in , and having to explain how you can afford a holiday or having a decent car  . As I say , each to their own.  But I've always said . It's the lazy folk who are always first to complain.  And my total respect has always gone to the lad / lassie that grafts away but keeps and works their dogs great . RESPECT ?

• Like 5