Scouser - Coursing Dog

7 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I never pass a dog on mate, never have and never will. This boy is a cnut and not many have my patience. Plus.... he's my mate and it would kill him, we have a great bond ;) ...... he's my wing man ?

Looks like you have a lot of fun over there mate in them mountains camping n that..

• Like 1

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My bitch is direct out of him and no a lot of men with dogs out of him he produces to good 

One i have today ?

Proper scouser then. 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, dodger said:

Looks like you have a lot of fun over there mate in them mountains camping n that..

We do mate, he's a good one. Mind you saying about the guarding instinct in Mia and his sister. Went to the mountains last week (or so) and everytime the Mrs went for a slash, he was on her. She walked off into the dark and he picked himself up and off he followed. He really hates boar.

Didn't stop the fuucker leaving me back against a tree, taking a shit when they showed up.... he was more worried about my daughter, fuucked off and protected her ?? cnut!

20 minutes ago, mushroom said:

We do mate, he's a good one. Mind you saying about the guarding instinct in Mia and his sister. Went to the mountains last week (or so) and everytime the Mrs went for a slash, he was on her. She walked off into the dark and he picked himself up and off he followed. He really hates boar.

Didn't stop the fuucker leaving me back against a tree, taking a shit when they showed up.... he was more worried about my daughter, fuucked off and protected her ?? cnut!

When I would stop at traffic lights or petrol stations and if someone come near or walked passed the motor mia would always go mental it used to annoy me at the time but looking back she was just protective 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Hey when I was out mooching a kick-up was always fair game but these out and out hare dogs that have been filmed you would think they would be given law. 

I'm not sure if the more recent videos are all of matches like but they are terrible slips imo. 

That's not a knock on the dogs or anything but I think they should be tested more, they are all over the hare in seconds. 

Totally agree the hare deserves more respect.

From my experience if you go to places that get regular running then it's rare that you'd get so close anyway there usually up n away a good few hundred yards in front but I used to like big slips

• Like 2

The pic Late 60’s 

there’s a lot off the old blood still about today 

you no more than me Jucks but like you say a lot a lads at the start got Salukis from him Geoff smiths fly and blue was off one of his pure if I’m not mistaken mate he used to come up and go coursing who he had a massive influence on quality coursing dogs then there’s russ with prince Who was a quality pure and russ again had a massive influence with breeding quality dogs The type come from them dogs still with us today then willie tuft Chalky has dogs they had a massive influence on dogs and coursing in general plus plenty more who have influenced coursing 

the knightellington dogs were coursed My old man was Out  all the time he never showed any or went to shows mainly used luke  a cream pure as stud a quality dog best he had then his son a cream smooth that he bred out of Luke who was feathered and a grizzle feathered bitch he bred a few good saluki x but favoured the pures so The pedigrees of today’s studs go back generations of hare coursing dogs been in the hands of multiple good dog men going back years they worth there weight in gold some of them literally lol

Like you say Nero leaving his mark artic got to be happy lad puts effort in 

9ADFD694-2BBD-4321-BF60-9FC10D01AD0E.jpeg

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 9
3 hours ago, two crows said:

he was owned by my wifes uncle, his ped name was caleb of xeros, (flash) his sire was spring barn sandpiper and dam Anastasia of daxlor ,his sire can be found in about all the saluki used in the coursing dogs of today, including prince, looking at the broken coat, here is a pick of bitch bred down from my old bitch by a Leicester man similar stamp, flash went to an bitch bred from imported parents that had been gifted by a Iraqi sheik to a English man.

037.JPG

Thanks loads bud ?

Daxlore could run back in the day i like him loads everything about him build and size and I'd have loved to see the outcross pups to him and the Iraqi bitch that sounds some mating..

Ace pic of your old hound proper bit of history bless you loads ?

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, juckler123 said:

Thanks loads bud ?

Daxlore could run back in the day i like him loads everything about him build and size and I'd have loved to see the outcross pups to him and the Iraqi bitch that sounds some mating..

Ace pic of your old hound proper bit of history bless you loads ?

juckler the bitch he went to was Kumasi semaramis (these pups bore the prefix barzan I dont know any thing about them), her sire was Kumasi komandan, he was the first smooth dog to be an English champion, her dam was   Kumasi rishi they were gifted to mr v  simpson Henderson by shaik shaker shaik kamandan of Iraq

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

The pic Late 60’s 

there’s a lot off the old blood still about today 

you no more than me Jucks but like you say a lot a lads at the start got Salukis from him Geoff smiths fly and blue was off one of his pure if I’m not mistaken mate he used to come up and go coursing who he had a massive influence on quality coursing dogs then there’s russ with prince Who was a quality pure and russ again had a massive influence with breeding quality dogs The type come from them dogs still with us today then willie tuft Chalky has dogs they had a massive influence on dogs and coursing in general plus plenty more who have influenced coursing 

the knightellington dogs were coursed My old man was Out  all the time he never showed any or went to shows mainly used luke  a cream pure as stud a quality dog best he had then his son a cream smooth that he bred out of Luke who was feathered and a grizzle feathered bitch he bred a few good saluki x but favoured the pures so The pedigrees of today’s studs go back generations of hare coursing dogs been in the hands of multiple good dog men going back years they worth there weight in gold some of them literally lol

Like you say Nero leaving his mark artic got to be happy lad puts effort in 

9ADFD694-2BBD-4321-BF60-9FC10D01AD0E.jpeg

Awesome pics Mc ?

I believe your right on blue Alwyn owned down from your dad's and he was some dog I had crack with Alwyn he don't rate many and soon passed em on if they were no good he took good money on Blue and regretted parting with him and was pissed off to the max when folk started saying Geoff Smith's Blue lol 

I didn't know about fly Russ was there when Geoff bought her and no one knew her breeding but Tony Geoff's son may have found out but it was never said which Saluki she was down from but I'm hardly surprised if it wasn't one of your dad's ?

No one in Saluki world would let us in and to be fair I'm glad they didn't there was three pures I knew of in the Midlands Lou Edwards Trevor Russ Rowley's Prince and Hughey Weavers Rex ..

Trevor produced some of the best deer dogs I ever had the pleasure of knowing but not many good hare dogs.

Prince of Russes left the best mark on everything from only a couple of matings and was he brother to your dad's Luke ??

Rex mated every bitch on Tolney lane in Newark but had ingrowing eyelashes that he passed on so they faded from sight...

I ran with Rex and owned him in old age we would run the aerodromes he wouldn't run the tarmac but pace on the grass at the side of the hares if it was today Hughey would have been a rich man but we ran for fifteen or twenty quid back then ?

I bought him after he was ran into the ground and never bred from him even though I got him right and killing well again  he took to my dad and used to run to his ever chance he had so I retired him there and he stayed there till he died ATB pal

Edited by juckler123
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, dodger said:

Alright David is your razor dog still working how have you found him over the years..

Hi Dodger. I messaged you earlier you got same number.

Yes still working hard mate Cesar is 6 now no sine of slowing at all he has been a great dog to work and Owen no truble at all I have a son out of him to my old stuff and he also does the biz he's gone over few other bitches with very good results

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, juckler123 said:

Awesome pics Mc ?

I believe your right on blue Alwyn owned down from your dad's and he was some dog I had crack with Alwyn he don't rate many and soon passed em on if they were no good he took good money on Blue and regretted parting with him and was pissed off to the max when folk started saying Geoff Smith's Blue lol 

I didn't know about fly Russ was there when Geoff bought her and no one knew her breeding but Tony Geoff's son may have found out but it was never said which Saluki she was down from but I'm hardly surprised if it wasn't one of your dad's ?

No one in Saluki world would let us in and to be fair I'm glad they didn't there was three pures I knew of in the Midlands Lou Edwards Trevor Russ Rowley's Prince and Hughey Weavers Rex ..

Trevor produced some of the best deer dogs I ever had the pleasure of knowing but not many good hare dogs.

Prince of Russes left the best mark on everything from only a couple of matings and was he brother to your dad's Luke ??

Rex mated every bitch on Tolney lane in Newark but had ingrowing eyelashes that he passed on so they faded from sight...

I ran with Rex and owned him in old age we would run the aerodromes he wouldn't run the tarmac but pace on the grass at the side of the hares if it was today Hughey would have been a rich man but we ran for fifteen or twenty quid back then ?

I bought him after he was ran into the ground and never bred from him even though I got him right and killing he took to my dad and used to run to his ever chance he had so I retired him there and he stayed there till he died ATB pal

Newark not far from us worksop way back then

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, TOMO said:

middle of the 5th line down....

Got you now it's definitely my age pre Alzheimer's I reckon. 

The chubasco Paul used wasn't typical type I see another breed in there was just wondering if anyone saw what I saw was what I was getting at Tomo ?

Some incredible hounds in USA and if I was to import it would be from a strain from there. 

The old tepe gwara line in the UK coursing dogs still doing the business on the jack's there as John took em back with him have a couple of friends there that do as we do and run them single handed and they run and herd as good as anything we have..

The state's did what the UK show lot did and run them in pairs and upwards they were never meant to do that and they lost as much as the show lot did here imho

Thankfully John and a few of his friends took on the single handed way and their hounds are well special ?

• Like 1