Raw beef abattoir vrs dog food seller

1 minute ago, samuria said:

my dad and nan use to get sheeps heads for us to eat.. made a great type of lamb hot pot.

just like to know why you can't buy them now... yet can get pigs heads from my butcher for £3.00

Because of the restrictions surrounding mad cow disease,you can still get them if you know the lads on the production line

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some fat to add to the rabbit while mincing 

I’ve tried few brands of bag food high end and cheaper and settled on none of them, old fashioned brown bread, meat, tripe, fish, veg, plenty liquids and a good multivitamin. Along with good housing &

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, morton said:

I beast tripe used to feed a couple of lurchers for 4 or 5 days.A local terrierman said he never wormed his dogs while they ate wooly heads.I skinned them because i did not want the dogs to associate food with what they met in the field,probably nonsense but i was in a cycle then of perfecting any imperfection.

none of my dogs ever looked at sheep 

1 minute ago, Netmaker said:

I bought a big old crypto peeler mincer all the rabbits I get over the winter months go into it and it feeds the dogs I know what you say about the price of raw the cheapest I have seen was £1.75 for 400g of tripe when you think a beast tripe weighs about 20/30 pound with the fat on it and costs 6quid the company's selling the raw are making a tidy profit

20191123_132246.jpg.8be786dce0ce79a903158388f3004114.jpg20191122_105219.jpg.114157d0f9da99602994c724018e19f0.jpg20191102_083335.jpg.806ed549bea4f4c106c91bf9baf7c60e.jpg

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, samuria said:

my dad and nan use to get sheeps heads for us to eat.. made a great type of lamb hot pot.

just like to know why you can't buy them now... yet can get pigs heads from my butcher for £3.00

My old gran used to tongue and cheek the heads,boil them up with a trotter,add a few spices and pour it into a brawn dish after fingering the bones out,its called fine dining now,then it was eat or hunger.

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, Netmaker said:

EU regulations mate the worlds gone mad my old man use to make brawn off of pig heads

i often make  brawn from the head also split it an roast half on a rack its bloody lovely.....

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, poxon said:

Most raw dog food suppliers get there products from abattoirs an butchers under contract an flip there waist product in to profit to the likes of us raw feeders the price of raw dog food now takes the piss I’ve no longer got a steady suppler I’ve used a few times eBay shop distributors just to get what I need when stuck I noticed that most beef mince worked out something like £2.26 a 450g block it’s day light robbery human grade is £1.50  for 500g mince in Aldi some of this abattoir butchers waist produce is fetching a premium it’s value is more than human grade 

I can get the minced beef and chicken for about 60p for them 450g blocks, trouble is my awkward dog doesn't like it. Tried him on the beef to no avail and then the chicken and tripe mix. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

Pet food suppliers will be getting their beef from the same slaughterhouse as you, mixing it up with fat and probably a bit of pork then doubling their money on it, I get mine from a slaughterhouse and it’s bang on, better than any pet food supplier I’ve used. Get proper fresh tripe as well not the bagged shit they sell.

3537A90F-D745-4937-A7A7-AA924816479A.jpeg

Where about are you from and what meat do you get from the slaughterhouse? 

Edited by Greb147
19 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I can get the minced beef and chicken for about 60p for them 450g blocks, trouble is my awkward dog doesn't like it. Tried him on the beef to no avail and then the chicken and tripe mix. 

I used to get a lot from bulmers it works out about the same price as that but it was only if they are delivering in my area when I order from them it’s a big order to fill my chest freezers up but let it run really low to clear them to the point I shot my self in the foot to be paying eBay shop prices?? With what’s going on in the world at the minute. My dogs are not fussy there yam anything down them they have been to the point we’re there sick of eating rabbit though ??

27 minutes ago, poxon said:

I used to get a lot from bulmers it works out about the same price as that but it was only if they are delivering in my area when I order from them it’s a big order to fill my chest freezers up but let it run really low to clear them to the point I shot my self in the foot to be paying eBay shop prices?? With what’s going on in the world at the minute. My dogs are not fussy there yam anything down them they have been to the point we’re there sick of eating rabbit though ??

There's a couple of places local to me that do it. 

Screenshot_20200507-222950.png

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

Most places won’t sell you it now because of health & safety you just need to find a good one that will 

I use one up here and I had to get a licence from environmental health to store it in a freezer in the shed next to the kennel block they send somebody out to check out your kennels and where you will be storing the meat they call it cat 2 animal waste you have to label the freezer all meat not fit for human consumption in case someone breaks in and helps themselves to some butcher meat the licence is free and took about two weeks to get I have never been asked for it when I go for my meat but thought I better get one as they are a lot of do gooders who would report me so I got it to save me any hassle as said the licence is free they let the local council know as well so im covered that way too  

• Like 1

Sheep's heads with the wool on was imo the best grub you could of ever give the dogs, put some back on em and coats and teeth shinning. 

Have to have a feeders licence here to buy direct from the slaughterhouse and unless your feeding a good few dogs it just ain't worth the hassle. 

• Like 1