Raw beef abattoir vrs dog food seller

I go direct to the slaughterhouse. They are good as gold to be honest. Only problem now is that the raw companies are moving in and paying them decent money to take everything away. I normally take a crate of beer and tea, coffee etc. 

Raw is getting trendy and the price is getting crazy. Most the minced stuff from these big companies has a lot of water added to make up the weight. 

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some fat to add to the rabbit while mincing 

I’ve tried few brands of bag food high end and cheaper and settled on none of them, old fashioned brown bread, meat, tripe, fish, veg, plenty liquids and a good multivitamin. Along with good housing &

Posted Images

I go to an abattoir for chicken carcasses and tripe but I have to order the tripe as it's all gone by certain days bones are hard to get as well all the regulations I've just bought a load of pet mince in cause it's easier to get hold of meats meat to me roll on the winter so I can put some wild meat back into them ?

43 minutes ago, Penda said:

You can't put a price on feeding your good workers lads ?

Spot on plenty would think nothing of buying nice food or takeaways for themselves but grudge buying decent food for their dogs, then they’ve got the cheek to complain when the dogs don’t run right. Never their fault though always shit dog, shit breeding etc.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Spot on plenty would think nothing of buying nice food or takeaways for themselves but grudge buying decent food for their dogs, then they’ve got the cheek to complain when the dogs don’t run right. Never their fault though always shit dog, shit breeding etc.

Dogs always got to have good food regardless of cost fella got to be better than pumping that shit down them out a bag that’s there more for convenience 

21 minutes ago, poxon said:

Dogs always got to have good food regardless of cost fella got to be better than pumping that shit down them out a bag that’s there more for convenience 

I’ve tried few brands of bag food high end and cheaper and settled on none of them, old fashioned brown bread, meat, tripe, fish, veg, plenty liquids and a good multivitamin. Along with good housing & plenty exercise,  job done  

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 3

Mine aren't fed best cuts of meat I just give them what I can afford at the time but it's like you said no point moaning about a dogs performance if your giving them shite then expecting gold it don't work 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Penda said:

You can't put a price on feeding your good workers lads ?

I don't put a price on feeding my dogs but 80p for something you could not once giveaway is taking the piss my dogs get the best I can give them 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Penda said:

I go to an abattoir for chicken carcasses and tripe but I have to order the tripe as it's all gone by certain days bones are hard to get as well all the regulations I've just bought a load of pet mince in cause it's easier to get hold of meats meat to me roll on the winter so I can put some wild meat back into them ?

Swap ya a jag of bones ribs and stuff for some carcassessssss

2 minutes ago, Penda said:

Mine aren't fed best cuts of meat I just give them what I can afford at the time but it's like you said no point moaning about a dogs performance if your giving them shite then expecting gold it don't work 

That’s right, don’t think anyone’s chucking their dogs fillet steak you can definitely go over the top but if you could feed better and choose not to you can’t really complain

• Like 2
Just now, Shadow100 said:

I’ve tried few brands of bag food high end and cheaper and settled on none of them, old fashioned brown bread, meat, fish, veg, plenty liquids and a few bits thrown in, dogs never looked better

I float about on bag crap I feed a hand full a day to each of mine if I’ve no table scraps to give I feed a average of 75% raw the rest scraps or biscuits Im on a bag of skinners working 23 I’ve had the f***ing thing going for like ever I alway check when I buy the food with the longest shelf like because a bag of food last me forever with my 3

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

I’ve tried few brands of bag food high end and cheaper and settled on none of them, old fashioned brown bread, meat, tripe, fish, veg, plenty liquids and a good multivitamin. Along with good housing & plenty exercise,  job done  

I think variety is what the trick is my dad always told mine have bone some days not the big knuckle bones I'm talking spines ribs breast it's all got stuff in thst the dog needs fish all sorts raw egg offal etc

• Like 2