51 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

The day started off good with a breakfast of champions avocado on a bed of aromatic salad with a nice poached egg.

A963C58B-003A-4616-8F16-C77E26BCE13D.jpeg.01e9b02e2f1fe0136810e7f63d2edbcc.jpeg82E4FC61-AD56-42F8-8B66-428B5C812573.jpeg.dae7a066a11ca08e0045a797c5d1c48b.jpegThen this afternoon a little BBQ for me and the wife waiting for the big one tomorrow I’ve got a nice bit of brisket covered in a home made rub waiting to go in my smoker.

Loving the good weather while it lasts.  

Them eggs are spot on pal what's your secret in getting looking so neat?,  mine are decent  but never look like that  I've tried stirring  adding a little vinegar ect. 

• Like 2

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another cracking day for it yesterday.... Spicy spatchcock chicken, potato wedges and vegetables...   

After you boys got my mouth watering got this bad boy out of the freezer. Cheers Arry

Had one yesterday..very nice.. Done my tikka chicken kebabs Terriakya veg A couple of salads...with home made dressings...I enjoy a bit of cooking and like it more outside..

Posted Images

It worked, but the lamb was way over cooked for my liking. I’m inconsolable with a bit of overcooked meat, much to my wife’s amusement ?.....so the answer is a bigger joint or much less time underground.

The sweet potato & onion were nice & smokey, but they weren’t wrapped. Strangely enough a couple of potato’s were under done after 8 hours! So things weren’t particularly even down there & I forgot to unwrap the red pepper with all the excitement ?

Would I do it again? Yes.....with some good company round for a bit of theatre & fun.....

26818E79-0BB7-4161-A8EA-6770678F2643.jpeg

F3CB20A6-2EF2-4505-AC29-0D2DD3642F51.jpeg

• Like 8
1 hour ago, FLATTOP said:

Here’s the smoker waiting for a 7 hour cook up tomorrow.

6E96D2D1-3E03-47B7-B08D-FAE3B35C1D97.jpeg.35145d8d11f8aef957a7ce16179a9b30.jpegNice Nice bit of Brisket I will get at least 3 cooks out of this. 7CAFDFDB-1B40-4C9E-AE3A-31C0712F2078.jpeg.730c17dd4dfdbcc18549d85e7e5bb6ee.jpegHere’s a piece covered in my home made rub ready for an early start in the smoker in the morning.

C000B4E1-3591-438E-BFF5-EF11FFDE7BFD.jpeg.8695868be1c5fc48ae5ce1777d603c59.jpegThe Bark on this will be amazing can’t wait I will put up some pics when it’s done. 

It’ll be a great day tomoro bud 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, kanny said:

Them eggs are spot on pal what's your secret in getting looking so neat?,  mine are decent  but never look like that  I've tried stirring  adding a little vinegar ect. 

what is the key to a perfect poached egg.....I’ve tried and tried.  At the moment the best I get is cracking them into a small tea strainer so the really runny watery white goes through.  Use the freshest you can get etc but still I struggle !

1 hour ago, kanny said:

Kanny mate I never put an egg in boiling water I use an old fashioned egg poacher the plastic egg holders I heavily grease with butter then drop my eggs in and then I put the water in the bottom not too much as you don’t want it to boil over onto the eggs then I gently simmer not to fast as they go hard and then they have to pass my wobble test a little shake and I know they are ready then they just fall out as you see them in the pics, my sons have been trying to beat me at making them like this for years but there dad still kicks there arses lol...

EC66D0AE-674D-45C6-A54F-C53CE5C95246.jpeg.f3ee5bc63363db10cc65a8283acf412d.jpeg

Edited by FLATTOP
Pic of poacher
  • Like 5
29 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Kanny mate I never put an egg in boiling water I use an old fashioned egg poacher the plastic egg holders I heavily grease with butter then drop my eggs in and then I put the water in the bottom not too much as you don’t want it to boil over onto the eggs then I gently simmer not to fast as they go hard and then they have to pass my wobble test a little shake and I know they are ready then they just fall out as you see them in the pics, my sons have been trying to beat me at making them like this for years but there dad still kicks there arses lol...

I had one of those for years passed on by my mum. Replaced it over here, but never quite the same.....nothing worse than the water boiling over, what a mess!

Guacamole with soft boiled egg, sardines & watercress on toast is worth a try ?

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, bell said:

what is the key to a perfect poached egg.....I’ve tried and tried.  At the moment the best I get is cracking them into a small tea strainer so the really runny watery white goes through.  Use the freshest you can get etc but still I struggl.

Edited by slip lead
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, bell said:

what is the key to a perfect poached egg.....I’ve tried and tried.  At the moment the best I get is cracking them into a small tea strainer so the really runny watery white goes through.  Use the freshest you can get etc but still I struggle !

Put the egg(s) in a shallow pan, add a splash of white vinegar and half fill the pan with boiling water from the kettle. Turn the heat on and after a minute lift the egg(s) out with a slotted spoon. Once the water is approaching simmer carefully crack the eggs one at a time and gently pour them from the shell into the water. They shouldn't spread much and will cook through evenly. Take them out just after you see the yolk skin over with a white film.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FLATTOP said:

Cheers pal good stuff :thumbs:

1 hour ago, bell said:

The trick with the traditional straight into water method is making sure your eggs are as fresh as possible if you know anyone with chickens then it's the perfect time of year for pullet eggs,  they may be smaller but they make fantastic poached eggs  when fresh. Add a couple of drops of vinegar to the water bring to the boil and turn off your heat before cracking your eggs in  then its upto you on how you like em ...failing that get an egg poacher like flattops!  

• Like 2
9 hours ago, kanny said:

The trick with the traditional straight into water method is making sure your eggs are as fresh as possible if you know anyone with chickens then it's the perfect time of year for pullet eggs,  they may be smaller but they make fantastic poached eggs  when fresh. Add a couple of drops of vinegar to the water bring to the boil and turn off your heat before cracking your eggs in  then its upto you on how you like em ...failing that get an egg poacher like flattops!  

The best way for poached eggs is to start with grilled bacon. Then make sure ya mrs is fully trained in the art of poached egg warfare bend her ear and tell she be traded in for a new wife  if she makes a fk up  . over a bit of time they get it spot on ? 

799D777B-DD13-4C59-A655-F00DE9C3D3FA.jpeg

6CB1DF77-1CF0-4FCF-9E27-D06C611CED76.jpeg

6F1A2949-9205-4F3F-85B4-0422BF687B66.jpeg

74CDB399-66D4-4B2A-AA0D-DB9F3575A1E8.jpeg

1DD4B26F-727E-42FA-808F-685A387F6BA4.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, Accip74 said:

I had one of those for years passed on by my mum. Replaced it over here, but never quite the same.....nothing worse than the water boiling over, what a mess!

Guacamole with soft boiled egg, sardines & watercress on toast is worth a try ?

To much water in the poacher, 

2 hours ago, green lurchers said:

The best way for poached eggs is to start with grilled bacon. Then make sure ya mrs is fully trained in the art of poached egg warfare bend her ear and tell she be traded in for a new wife  if she makes a fk up  . over a bit of time they get it spot on ? 

799D777B-DD13-4C59-A655-F00DE9C3D3FA.jpeg

6CB1DF77-1CF0-4FCF-9E27-D06C611CED76.jpeg

6F1A2949-9205-4F3F-85B4-0422BF687B66.jpeg

74CDB399-66D4-4B2A-AA0D-DB9F3575A1E8.jpeg

1DD4B26F-727E-42FA-808F-685A387F6BA4.jpeg

Or you end up with face full of poached eggs ?

Have not tried the method myself so cannot confirm it’s merits, but a friend of mine that used to be a chef, told me the best and easiest way to make a perfect poached egg is to simply get a coffee cup put some water in it crack an egg in it and pop in the microwave, ✌️✌️

40 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Have not tried the method myself so cannot confirm it’s merits, but a friend of mine that used to be a chef, told me the best and easiest way to make a perfect poached egg is to simply get a coffee cup put some water in it crack an egg in it and pop in the microwave, ✌️✌️

I’m sorry grey but eggs for me are one food that hold tradition  boiled eggs n soldiers scrambled eggs on toast  fried eggs  and poached  none should ever visit a microwave    Ya mate might be a chef but I’d leave the table if I heard the bing of a micro ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2