Covid 19: What’s the lesson ?

Just now, Francie said:

But you said in same statement half of science is error, but on down your saying if its refined its irrelavant? 

If half of science is error then how can you be sure that the refinement won't take it to under 90 percent? 

Christ man, read what's written. I said half of science is 'error analysis'. Meaning dealing with error is a huge part of science. You made out that because there's error in this antibody test it's crap but that's total bollocks because there's error in all of science. It's a huge part of being a scientist.

The errors associated with this antibody test are so small it's highly unlikely it'll ever be anything close to "for f**k all".

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont stack bats on top of pangolins 

All its done for me is reinforce my logic in segregation,how people should stick to their own,have faith and loyalty to their own......ok this pandemic would of got out regardless but how many other h

Oswald Moseley was educate at Winchester College and Sandhurst Military Academy. He was one of the finest political minds of his age. Not exactly some shithouse comp in London or Bradford is

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Francie said:

Born your saying stats an percentages are the dogs dangles, but if someone went to the hospital with a lump, an was told it benign, but it was really cancerous, an died because of misdiagnosis, would that be within your one percent? 

f**k em like. 

That happens all the time. Welcome to life.

Just now, Born Hunter said:

Christ man, read what's written. I said half of science is 'error analysis'. Meaning dealing with error is a huge part of science. You made out that because there's error in this antibody test it's crap but that's total bollocks because there's error in all of science. It's a huge part of being a scientist.

The errors associated with this antibody test are so small it's highly unlikely it'll ever be anything close to "for f**k all".

OK maybe I worded it wrong, it's highly unlikely it will be refined, but error analysis tells us it's a possibility bud. 

3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

That happens all the time. Welcome to life.

You wouldn't be saying that if it was you on the end of a mis diagnosis would you? 

So are you saying that the antibody test will not fall below the 95percent mark? 

Just now, Astanley said:

Got to be honest ,you are a proper asset to this site born ,?

I like your posts too Fran ,but in a different way x

I like Francie and I'm guilty of getting a bit emotional with him when I should probably be more patient. He's got a good heart.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Astanley said:

Got to be honest ,you are a proper asset to this site born ,?

I like your posts too Fran ,but in a different way x

Awww Stan I'm just trying to figure this shit out bud, but thanks, an I'm open to being wrong. 

Just now, Francie said:

You wouldn't be saying that if it was you on the end of a mis diagnosis would you? 

So are you saying that the antibody test will not fall below the 95percent mark? 

Of course I would. FFS my old man was told he had cancer for a year and then told they f****d up the diagnosis. It just happens fella. The alternative is we don't test at all because we're scared of getting it wrong. That's why accuracy is so important. I say f**k the 1% whereas you effectively say f**k the 99%. It's a zero sum game, you have to pick one or the other.

2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I like Francie and I'm guilty of getting a bit emotional with him when I should probably be more patient. He's got a good heart.

Thank you born an I like you too, just trying to figure it out, an I welcome you informing me of lots of things over the years, it's not personal. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

Of course I would. FFS my old man was told he had cancer for a year and then told they f****d up the diagnosis. It just happens fella. The alternative is we don't test at all because we're scared of getting it wrong. That's why accuracy is so important. I say f**k the 1% whereas you effectively say f**k the 99%. It's a zero sum game, you have to pick one or the other.

Sorry to hear that born, I'm not trying to be annoying I'm just asking questions mate. 

37 minutes ago, Francie said:

Sorry to hear that born, I'm not trying to be annoying I'm just asking questions mate. 

Thanks, but mate that year didn't bother me at all. He was all over the place because he's a worrier. I refused to give it a thought until it actually started causing him physical suffering, my attitude being you're self inflicting emotional suffering for nothing. Turns out he had put himself through emotional hell because of a false diagnosis.

I'm just ruthlessly rational about stuff. Me and him couldn't be further apart in that respect.

Anyway, I'm sorry for my lack of patience fella. I know I probably come across as arrogant, and I am, but it's not in the way that I think you can't teach me anything, because in the past you have. It's more just a lack of patience.

Edited by Born Hunter
1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

No mate I mean they ain't got married I'm talking hypothetically they could do that with the pub.  They have put there wedding off again as they dont want it with 15 people. The only people I've heard testing positive all came from a local pub close to me tho.

Supposed to be getting married myself next month, 30 guests in the church, 50 at the reception... All out the f***ing window now.. Been putting it off the last 17 yrs mun???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1