Covid 19: What’s the lesson ?

So after this turn out (and obviously we don’t know how bad it’s going to get yet) what lesson, insight, opinion are people going to take away from this ? 

Obviously, it has seemed to buy into loads of my pre-existing prejudices but it would be interesting to hear what other lads think......there may be things I hadn’t thought about.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont stack bats on top of pangolins 

All its done for me is reinforce my logic in segregation,how people should stick to their own,have faith and loyalty to their own......ok this pandemic would of got out regardless but how many other h

Oswald Moseley was educate at Winchester College and Sandhurst Military Academy. He was one of the finest political minds of his age. Not exactly some shithouse comp in London or Bradford is

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, WILF said:

So after this turn out (and obviously we don’t know how bad it’s going to get yet) what lesson, insight, opinion are people going to take away from this ? 

Obviously, it has seemed to buy into loads of my pre-existing prejudices but it would be interesting to hear what other lads think......there may be things I hadn’t thought about.

Not sure people will learn any lesson from this and it'll be business as usual when it's a bit more "normal" and they'll still be focused on materialistic shite rather than being more self sufficient.

In my opinion though China need absolutely flattening for this lol but they'll probably go unpunished.

• Like 5

The risk from a epidemic/pandemic is fundamentally to our systems imo. Specifically their lack of adaptability and preparedness. Many times people hypothesise about an infectious disease culling off the invasive old Homo Sapien, natures way of 'fixing' us. But I still think that idea is very unlikely. How vulnerable our systems are to such an event caught me completely off guard.

How resilient they are is yet to be fully seen.

• Like 5
31 minutes ago, WILF said:

It shows me how much people have changed since the War, my Mother and Grandparents were happy to Queue  for a few Scraps and I am  sure they would never have been  selfish enough to deprive others  back in the 50s people behaved with more Pride and Dignity it sounds silly now days but if the Queen had said "stay in "  then stay in they would .

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Yeah but they'd also have walked into German machine guns at the command of royalty and obviously threats of being shot by your own . It wasn't all roses and I wouldn't want to be around during either of those wars....

There was also looting & stock piling back then too. Rose tinted specs & all that I'm afraid......

• Like 1

Back in the 50s my mum was the victim of some horrid crimes. This notion that people were so much better back then is quite frankly bollocks & I wish people would shut the fcuk up about tbh....

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Back in the 50s my mum was the victim of some horrid crimes. This notion that people were so much better back then is quite frankly bollocks & I wish people would shut the fcuk up about tbh....

I don’t think anyone is silly enough to think that there hasn’t been complete animals throughout history mate, but what about as a collective ? 

43 minutes ago, WILF said:

I don’t think anyone is silly enough to think that there hasn’t been complete animals throughout history mate, but what about as a collective ? 

Selfish pricks are nothing new mate. People don’t change, circumstances do. My old man will be 78 this year & he came from absolute shit....... no rose tinted specs for him, nostalgia for certain times in his life yes, we all like a bit of that....

Anyway, as for now, on top of all the negatives there will be plenty of good people out there doing good & showing compassion. Less than yesteryear? Well we could debate that all year.........& maybe we will get the chance! ?

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

The risk from a epidemic/pandemic is fundamentally to our systems imo. Specifically their lack of adaptability and preparedness. Many times people hypothesise about an infectious disease culling off the invasive old Homo Sapien, natures way of 'fixing' us. But I still think that idea is very unlikely. How vulnerable our systems are to such an event caught me completely off guard.

How resilient they are is yet to be fully seen.

just stop it now,  you know full well its allians  admit it !!!

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, riohog said:

just stop it now,  you know full well its allians  admit it !!!

Actually, I consider this quarantine lark as a rehearsal for my selection to the expeditionary branch of Space Force.

‘Born Hunter’ will be my call sign!

“starlog, day 1’473, toilet roll is running low!”

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

Actually, I consider this quarantine lark as a rehearsal for my selection to the expeditionary branch of Space Force.

‘Born Hunter’ will be my call sign!

“starlog, day 1’473, toilet roll is running low!”

are you taking   spok?  good man to have around 

3 hours ago, WILF said:

Honestly, their won't be any great change, there will be plenty of talk about doing things differently, stricter import laws, travel laws, grown your own, build your own, supply your own, you get the picture.  But in reality, it will all go back to the way it is and was, and all this will be put into the history book, 

Atb j 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, micky said:

It shows me how much people have changed since the War, my Mother and Grandparents were happy to Queue  for a few Scraps and I am  sure they would never have been  selfish enough to deprive others  back in the 50s people behaved with more Pride and Dignity it sounds silly now days but if the Queen had said "stay in "  then stay in they would .

The scraps we throw out today would have fed plenty of families in thoes times. We don't know how good we have it. We think the goid time will never end. 

We could  all  be in for a massive shock yet.

Atb j 

• Like 3