what was the last film you watched

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

just watching a programme about the 84-85 miners strike and theres my father large as life on the tele walking towards the camera, he's been dead over 30 yrs, fair shook me up in a good way, wasnt exp

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I did! I thought it was hilarious! :laugh:

It was, wasn't it lol. Such an odd place to put a mob boss into witnesse protection lol, they pull the story line off fairly well imo

Atb j 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jetro said:

Any suggestions for a good gritty crime,  detective programme, even if it's a subtitled one. 

Can't seem to find any worth while ones

Sorry. Caught me right at feed time.

'Crime / Detective, with or without subtitles'?

I can't necessarily guarantee grit in every one. But, some stuff that I've watched and remember would certainly include the following. Not all necessarily now on flix)

La Mante. On flix as we speak. Very good.

Mesrine: Killer Instinct and Mesrine: Public Enemy No. 1. Far too much for shit flix. Fukking Excellent!!!

The Killing. (Original, Danish series)

The Bridge.

River. (What else would you expect to find, under The Bridge?)

Wallander. Might still be on flix?

Riphagen. Still on flix as I type. A horribly excellent little gem most will ignore cos of sub's.

And now for something completely different ~ because you have the brains to handle sub titles:

Pihu. Flix, now. Get it while it's still there. Watch it with the wife. Your arseholes Will clench tight enough to grip fuse wire. You Will scream at the screen, clutching at your chest or biting your knuckles.

You Will thank me for showing you an Oscar winning worthy production, the likes of which you've never seen before. Then, remind yourself a three year old kiddie just put you through That. The Directors name should be up there in the top five. But, sadly, he's Indian.

23 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Sorry. Caught me right at feed time.

'Crime / Detective, with or without subtitles'?

I can't necessarily guarantee grit in every one. But, some stuff that I've watched and remember would certainly include the following. Not all necessarily now on flix)

La Mante. On flix as we speak. Very good.

Mesrine: Killer Instinct and Mesrine: Public Enemy No. 1. Far too much for shit flix. Fukking Excellent!!!

The Killing. (Original, Danish series)

The Bridge.

River. (What else would you expect to find, under The Bridge?)

Wallander. Might still be on flix?

Riphagen. Still on flix as I type. A horribly excellent little gem most will ignore cos of sub's.

And now for something completely different ~ because you have the brains to handle sub titles:

Pihu. Flix, now. Get it while it's still there. Watch it with the wife. Your arseholes Will clench tight enough to grip fuse wire. You Will scream at the screen, clutching at your chest or biting your knuckles.

You Will thank me for showing you an Oscar winning worthy production, the likes of which you've never seen before. Then, remind yourself a three year old kiddie just put you through That. The Directors name should be up there in the top five. But, sadly, he's Indian.

Thanks Ken. 

Going to look them up. Strangely I prefer the subtitled crime programs 

Atb j 

Just watched a two part thing on the Irish Famine.

Very, very good and informative.

Just to get an idea of the scale of the disaster was eye opening, the famine was Europe wide but they lost 100,000 dead on the continent of Europe compared to 1,500,000 dead in Ireland and 2,000,000 emigrated.

Thats unthinkable.

Also loads of little things like £8 million spend on Irish famine reliefs but £14 million spent on police & military in Ireland in the same period.

A very interesting and unbelievable chapter in British history.

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, WILF said:

Just watched a two part thing on the Irish Famine.

Very, very good and informative.

Just to get an idea of the scale of the disaster was eye opening, the famine was Europe wide but they lost 100,000 dead on the continent of Europe compared to 1,500,000 dead in Ireland and 2,000,000 emigrated.

Thats unthinkable.

Also loads of little things like £8 million spend on Irish famine reliefs but £14 million spent on police & military in Ireland in the same period.

A very interesting and unbelievable chapter in British history.

And a lot of British people don't even know this took place, and that it was man made. 

But they picked themselves up, dusted off their rags and got on with it, no choice. On wards and up wards.

Atb j 

On 06/12/2020 at 00:31, Ken's Deputy said:

? Fair play!

I must admit; I honestly can't remember shit about the actual stories. Only that black kid getting dug up, in the first one. But, yeah; Even her fukking oppo's an Indian, look, ffs. I just look through all that bollox and enjoy the core story ~ and Nicola Walker.

I'm absolutely besotted with her! She's not classically 'Gorgeous' or 'Sexy'. There's no 'Phoaarr!!!' appeal about her. She's just a damn good actress with an undefined, magnetic appeal.

Oooo no no no,cant find anything attractive about her at all but plays the part brilliant.....fair do,s it was a goodun that,seen all 3 series now and improved as they went on i thought,just spoiled a little by such obvious brainwashing.....im onto this Manhunter now i think it was you put me on this one as well you're becoming quite a useful " Barry Norman " type addition to the forum ?

• Haha 1