what was the last film you watched

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

just watching a programme about the 84-85 miners strike and theres my father large as life on the tele walking towards the camera, he's been dead over 30 yrs, fair shook me up in a good way, wasnt exp

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Hang about; Not meaning Mind Hunter, are you? I know someone else recommended that, on here. Seen that. That's good. The portrayal of Ed Kemper is fukking legendary!

Ironically, another viewing which stays true to the original :)

Shit sorry yes its called Mindhunter not Manhunter.......its about serial killers so when you said about Hannibal i thought that must be coming later although you threw me as i was sure this was based on real life killers....my mistake.

Im only on the third episode but i googled the real Kemper and the mush playing him here aint a million miles away....looking good so far.

• Like 1
On 08/12/2020 at 17:37, WILF said:

Just watched a two part thing on the Irish Famine.

Very, very good and informative.

Just to get an idea of the scale of the disaster was eye opening, the famine was Europe wide but they lost 100,000 dead on the continent of Europe compared to 1,500,000 dead in Ireland and 2,000,000 emigrated.

Thats unthinkable.

Also loads of little things like £8 million spend on Irish famine reliefs but £14 million spent on police & military in Ireland in the same period.

A very interesting and unbelievable chapter in British history.

You are becoming 'woke' mate.?The  country continued to export food to England during the famine. That's one of the reasons I won't stand for the anthem mate.?

On 08/12/2020 at 17:37, WILF said:

Just watched a two part thing on the Irish Famine.

Very, very good and informative.

Just to get an idea of the scale of the disaster was eye opening, the famine was Europe wide but they lost 100,000 dead on the continent of Europe compared to 1,500,000 dead in Ireland and 2,000,000 emigrated.

Thats unthinkable.

Also loads of little things like £8 million spend on Irish famine reliefs but £14 million spent on police & military in Ireland in the same period.

A very interesting and unbelievable chapter in British history.

I think most of the rest that died in europe were in belgium. Mayo had half a million people in it before the famine. There was also another famine about 100 years before that one (caused by freezing fog).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

You are becoming 'woke' mate.?The  country continued to export food to England during the famine. That's one of the reasons I won't stand for the anthem mate.?

I don’t think anyone who has ever met me would describe me as “woke”.......they may say other things but definitely not that ! Lol 

Taking emotion out of it for a minute it was just a disaster Born out of typical heartless “practical” British Victorian thinking.

As you say there was plenty of food but that was seen as worth more than Irish peasant lives.

The idea (From a few great & powerful politicians) was basically to let nature clear land of non productive people in order to modernise agriculture and get rid of the “burden” of people who were just happy living and doing enough to get by.

I’d recommend anyone to watch it, it’s very interesting.

You just shake your head all the way through and say “what the f**k were we thinking of ?” .........a massive own goal on our part and a crime against our own people.

Crazy mate

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, WILF said:

I don’t think anyone who has ever met me would describe me as “woke”.......they may say other things but definitely not that ! Lol 

Taking emotion out of it for a minute it was just a disaster Born out of typical heartless “practical” British Victorian thinking.

As you say there was plenty of food but that was seen as worth more than Irish peasant lives.

The idea (From a few great & powerful politicians) was basically to let nature clear land of non productive people in order to modernise agriculture and get rid of the “burden” of people who were just happy living and doing enough to get by.

I’d recommend anyone to watch it, it’s very interesting.

You just shake your head all the way through and say “what the f**k were we thinking of ?” .........a massive own goal on our part and a crime against our own people.

Crazy mate

2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

I was told about this at a young age by my grandparents as my decendants managed to come to England due to the famine i think its one of the reasons i took to poaching as well as it being a family thing i saw it as some sort of payback .

• Like 1

Okay. The above. Hmmm. Can't recommend it. Because it was so slow, and yet twisty. I mean, it took " Slow Burn " beyond any decent limits!

Dunno. Between the constant flash backs and twists - coupled with the fact that (I realised!) the Spanish speak real quick / sub's are tricky .... Nah. I'd hate to suggest this one, and get burned for That.