• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a call at dinner about another 90k job shelved. 2 calls after Boris speech at 9pmish shutting my only 2 live sites left. That sees me about 450k down now, 650k if u include phase 2 on one of them.

My Mrs works for Miller and Carter, she offered to have her hrs cut and stay home until this blows over..... Around £1800 less a month....only my Wages coming in now... But for how long? Cancelled my

Sounds wrong but I take some comfort in the fact it will affect the masses so everyone will need help with this one. I have some money in the business and monies still due in so I will be ok for a lit

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

Anyone else struggling work wise I’m employed and self employed mechanic work for big truck garage and work is now down to 2 jobs a day between 10 of us and my own side work is ok for now is anyone else seeing an impact 

Works thriving at the moment .

Everybody is panic buying seeds and compost and plants so if we do go in lockdown they've stuff to do never been busier for this time of year 

I work in a logistics warehouse and its been very buisey as a medical supply company use us although other freight has dropped a bit.I had to get on the H.R .s case yesterday though due to the company not supplying us with work gloves I bet we have got some today though after I told them I had bought my own off fekin ebay.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I work in a logistics warehouse and its been very buisey as a medical supply company use us although other freight has dropped a bit.I had to get on the H.R .s case yesterday though due to the company not supplying us with work gloves I bet we have got some today though after I told them I had bought my own off fekin ebay.

We deal with a couple of big dairy companies that deliver to schools so that’s had a big impact on us gone from 5/6 inspections and services on wagons a day to nothing that’s near enough 1500 a day loss 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

Anyone else struggling work wise I’m employed and self employed mechanic work for big truck garage and work is now down to 2 jobs a day between 10 of us and my own side work is ok for now is anyone else seeing an impact 

Can you drive the trucks as well? They're probably crying out for drivers at the moment 

1 minute ago, MH1 said:

Can you drive the trucks as well? They're probably crying out for drivers at the moment 

No but the good thing about this is I used to be a mechanic for slaughter and rendering plant and they’ve said I can have my job back and they won’t shut we’ve still got to eat 

• Like 1

One of the son in laws has his own business servicing and repairing all sorts of mechanical kit and steel construction stuff.  His phone is ringing nearly non stop so no problem there although he is worried about getting repair parts and service bits. Another son in law is a contracts manager in building and the contracts are either being postponed or cancelled. The Paye are being cut down to short time and the self employed are being stood down.  It's difficult.   another son in laws, sister is in HR in the London theatre's.  All that lot has stopped  immediately and she had the job of telling the cast that their stood down.  Apart from the fact that they are a load of poofs. It's difficult all round.

50 minutes ago, MH1 said:

when the firemans strike was in the 70,s they were handing out hgv tickets like confetee

Only time our phone is ringing in work is to cancel orders. 7 months work has just turned into 2 weeks and that could be gone today. Had really good contract from centre parks just about to be signed off and it’s just fell through. 

12 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Only time our phone is ringing in work is to cancel orders. 7 months work has just turned into 2 weeks and that could be gone today. Had really good contract from centre parks just about to be signed off and it’s just fell through. 

Booked to go to Longford in June, now thinking that it’s going to get cancelled and what to do with the refund.