On 27/03/2020 at 08:57, tatsblisters said:

Got told yesterday some of us may have to go on this furlough scheme were 80pct of wages are paid but was told we could not take on any other paid work wile on this scheme I honestly think this is detremental to what might be mass labour shotages in vital roles if this virus takes its toll on the vital workforce.

You can be put on furlough by one employer and continue to work for another, if it is permitted within your employment contract.

If you’re put on furlough by more than one employer, you’ll receive separate payments from each employer. The 80% of your normal wage up to a £2,500 monthly cap applies to each job.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a call at dinner about another 90k job shelved. 2 calls after Boris speech at 9pmish shutting my only 2 live sites left. That sees me about 450k down now, 650k if u include phase 2 on one of them.

My Mrs works for Miller and Carter, she offered to have her hrs cut and stay home until this blows over..... Around £1800 less a month....only my Wages coming in now... But for how long? Cancelled my

Sounds wrong but I take some comfort in the fact it will affect the masses so everyone will need help with this one. I have some money in the business and monies still due in so I will be ok for a lit

Posted Images

1 hour ago, steve66 said:

Arnt you classed as essential mate ? been in warehousing , seems our supply lines are changing and bringing in more whats needed to keep things running , DHL are moving workers around to other warehouses where there short staffed due to self isolating 

Yes mate though we have had a drastic drop in freight coming through us and yesterday two lads off each shift were told they will be put on the furlough scheme along with so meny class 1 drivers and so meny subbys have been laid off we are also starting to handle essential supplys like hand sanatiser and other medical ppe though its been a mad week with the amount of televisions and other electrical items like microwave ovens that's come through us this week .Only thing I can think with the volume of smart televisions is that people are using them as screens hooked up to the internet who are working from home.

• Like 1