What’s it like in your area ?C19

1 hour ago, terryd said:

Things are on the mend in china so just need to ride it out for few weeks and then back to normal 

f**k China, nobody should deal with them again.......leaving the whole of the western world so exposed to a hostile alien power is at best negligent and at worst downright criminal 

• Like 8

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found the past couple of days totally bizarre. It's like a series of ups and downs. Yes it's scary and everyone is worried about the future. But then I go pick my son up from school and I felt nosta

f**k China, nobody should deal with them again.......leaving the whole of the western world so exposed to a hostile alien power is at best negligent and at worst downright criminal 

Yes mate but have to bring a loo roll ,that the rule . No roll ,no run 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

Just got laid off work for 12 days with pay

sask gov just announced a state of emergency 

16 reported cases as of now

It's starting to spread out there now ted 

14 minutes ago, king said:

It's starting to spread out there now ted 

yes

each province is different for reported cases,BC and ontario are the worst so far.

couple of deaths this week in BC.

trudeau just pledge 85 billion dollars for business's.government didnt have any money last week!!

you look ho much the UK gov just promised.were they getting the cash from and how da fck is it getting paid back.

only today they closed the USA border and begining of the week stopped flights from italy and china.

i am over the hype about this virus now,nowt makes sense anymore.

H1N1 was bad enough but the fckn media has blown this right out of proportion.

oil is at almost an all time low,fuel here no 85c a litre,cant drive anywhere.

this whole fckn scenario smells.

dont watch the news anymore,sick of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, sid g said:

i was supposed to be at a funeral but the service been cancelled -- just going on behind closed doors with a memorial service later shame because the fella was involved in local football he would of had a great send off been nice for his children / grandchildren  to see how well thought of  he was ...

maybe send a card expressing just that ?

• Thanks 1

I found the past couple of days totally bizarre. It's like a series of ups and downs. Yes it's scary and everyone is worried about the future. But then I go pick my son up from school and I felt nostalgic....we live in a series of villages that have been made into what is in effect a small town, swamped by incomers from bigger towns. Today I walked into the school yard and I didnt have to fight through dozens of cars and 4x4s, driven lazy sods who live 2mins away. With only half the pupils in it felt like it did 20 years ago. Walking through the streets it's quiet and every one you pass speaks and asks how your getting on. The local milk man once had a van with two lads on the back, plus a float with a man and lad, these days he's down to one small van on his own....yet over the past few months he's been flooded with orders (partly because of move away from plastic). But he's also been swamped with orders since the virus started as people want eggs and milk. He's taken a young lad on for the first time in 10 years. The local butcher is delivering meat! The pub is doing takeaway food and beer delivered to the door. 

I really hope some good comes out of this. Hope we learn what's important and that we need to look local. 

I doubt it but we can but hope. 

And nobody is pushing that vegan shite! 

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 14
8 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I found the past couple of days totally bizarre. It's like a series of ups and downs. Yes it's scary and everyone is worried about the future. But then I go pick my son up from school and I felt nostalgic....we live in a series of villages that have been made into what is in effect a small town, swamped by incomers from bigger towns. Today I walked into the school yard and I didnt have to fight through dozens of cars and 4x4s, driven lazy sods who live 2mins away. With only half the pupils in it felt like it did 20 years ago. Walking through the streets it's quiet and every one you pass speaks and asks how your getting on. The local milk man once had a van with two lads on the back, plus a float with a man and lad, these days he's down to one small van on his own....yet over the past few months he's been flooded with orders (partly because of move away from plastic). But he's also been swamped with orders since the virus started as people want eggs and milk. He's taken a young lad on for the first time in 10 years. The local butcher is delivering meat! The pub is doing takeaway food and beer delivered to the door. 

I really hope some good comes out of this. Hope we learn what's important and that we need to look local. 

I doubt it but we can but hope. 

And nobody is pushing that vegan shite! 

My local butchers And corner shop are thriving , asked me if I had any rabbits in freezer but unluckily I don’t have many , village pubs rammed and kids are playing out together back to the old times of going down the neighbour for some milk old lass over road came over with paracetamol and all sort of medication for us because she’d got it all on prescription over the months and not used it and gave us some bread and homemade cake so I went and cut her grass for her be good if things stay like this 

• Like 6

As Dido and Gaz Lurcherlad said there is a core of good people out there neighbours getting more neighbourly in general. Lady shouted over for across the road if you get sick I will order food for you from Waitrose just call me. It is like older times, nice to see people coming together like this.

But on the other hand there is some right selfish twats in the supermarket trollies full of bog rolls etc and I thought it was just on the odd video, but I've seen it myself. Just don't understand how the mind works in these people. I just laugh and imagine them sitting down and eating bog rolls.

Cheers Arry 

3 minutes ago, Arry said:

As Dido and Gaz Lurcherlad said there is a core of good people out there neighbours getting more neighbourly in general. Lady shouted over for across the road if you get sick I will order food for you from Waitrose just call me. It is like older times, nice to see people coming together like this.

But on the other hand there is some right selfish twats in the supermarket trollies full of bog rolls etc and I thought it was just on the odd video, but I've seen it myself. Just don't understand how the mind works in these people. I just laugh and imagine them sitting down and eating bog rolls.

Cheers Arry 

If I saw someone take what wasn’t needed in front of someone with a baby or the elderly I’d drop the f****r 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Arry said:

Cheers 

Do you know what worries me Arry, it's that people around the world are frightened of toilet roll shortage, when there's far worse things happening .

Atb j 

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, jetro said:

Do you know what worries me Arry, it's that people around the world are frightened of toilet roll shortage, when there's far worse things happening .

Atb j 

As always in any crisis the good people rise to the top and the scum sink to the bottom...

• Like 7
1 hour ago, jetro said:

Atb j 

Met a mate we were laughing about the bog roll thing and said when he was in Turkey (I've never been) they just use their hands and the bidet spray, no need for bog rolls. Just can't get my head around this bog roll survival mode.

Cheers Arry

3 hours ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry 

It’s not looking good for me work wise , with a young daughter and a wife to provide for and just signed on the dotted line to buy a house it’s all going to shit but a close family friend of mine who has a big home in middle of no where just rang me asked how things were and said we’re welcome there if we struggle rent free if I help him in the farm some , on the other hand all theses ball bags and wannabe gangsters have got some hard times ahead I hope they all die a death 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Arry said:

Met a mate we were laughing about the bog roll thing and said when he was in Turkey (I've never been) they just use their hands and the bidet spray, no need for bog rolls. Just can't get my head around this bog roll survival mode.

Cheers Arry

To be fair, if it was a massive food shortage, with no prospect of any coming in in the future, you could understand the panic and chaos, but not over toilet paper. 

Atb j 

• Like 3