What’s it like in your area ?C19

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found the past couple of days totally bizarre. It's like a series of ups and downs. Yes it's scary and everyone is worried about the future. But then I go pick my son up from school and I felt nosta

f**k China, nobody should deal with them again.......leaving the whole of the western world so exposed to a hostile alien power is at best negligent and at worst downright criminal 

Yes mate but have to bring a loo roll ,that the rule . No roll ,no run 

Posted Images

Wife tried to do a shop last night in Sainsbury’s and all the meat gone ,frozen and fresh .Freezers cleaned out and most of the tins gone .They say the yanks are buying up ammo like crazy in case of looting so might be time to max the holding requirement on your ticket .

Dosnt seem real but I’ve a feeling it’s only just getting started .

• Like 2

It’s gone f**k a good few businesses just this week a kitchen contract has stopped and another contract we work on has had a lot of work cancelled fitting heating in rural farms they’ve been ringing to cancel they just don’t want us in there homes right now , Obviously April’s a time we know where we are for the year a lot of contracts starting but probably won’t now , I think it’s gone be a long bumpy road for a lot of people not just being up well but finically 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

It’s gone f**k a good few businesses just this week a kitchen contract has stopped and another contract we work on has had a lot of work cancelled fitting heating in rural farms they’ve been ringing to cancel they just don’t want us in there homes right now , Obviously April’s a time we know where we are for the year a lot of contracts starting but probably won’t now , I think it’s gone be a long bumpy road for a lot of people not just being up well but finically 

I'm hearing similar round here lads already being laid of jobs with cancellation coming in I agree buddy it's going from what looked like a good year work wise to being a rough long haul I know the gov are offering this and that but it's how long it takes for it to reach theses lads because a lot live hand to mouth so to speak and this will hit hard on not just there living standards  but relationships  and everything else and then there's the impact on business owners I know a good few that will go to the wall 

1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

I'm hearing similar round here lads already being laid of jobs with cancellation coming in I agree buddy it's going from what looked like a good year work wise to being a rough long haul I know the gov are offering this and that but it's how long it takes for it to reach theses lads because a lot live hand to mouth so to speak and this will hit hard on not just there living standards  but relationships  and everything else and then there's the impact on business owners I know a good few that will go to the wall 

Yea I was really look good this months been our best ever and hadn’t finished yet but it’s going bleak we are just doing as much as we can , luckily there’s only two of us plus a young apprentice, it’s gone be a rough ride hopefully it the gov stop mortgages loans and utilities it be a massive help to everyone , im just worried about when it all blows over I don’t think works ever gone be the same private work will be held people aren’t gone wanna part with 100s or 1000s of cash 

• Like 1

Driving to Bristol for work this morning, was like driving on Xmas day...... No one on the roads... Got in and had to tell lads, we laying off the agency labour and drivers.... Just the  5 of us from 16 men..... Wont hold my breath but I reckon I got another week before I'm sat in the house?

• Sad 2
20 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

Yea I was really look good this months been our best ever and hadn’t finished yet but it’s going bleak we are just doing as much as we can , luckily there’s only two of us plus a young apprentice, it’s gone be a rough ride hopefully it the gov stop mortgages loans and utilities it be a massive help to everyone , im just worried about when it all blows over I don’t think works ever gone be the same private work will be held people aren’t gone wanna part with 100s or 1000s of cash 

I agree private work is going to take a big hit im lucky I have some school jobs to do that im told won't be getting cancelled regardless and a few for a builder who's got everything on site well his new home actually who said the same he needs it doing should I say and plenty of private as well provided they don't cancel hopefully be able to keep going and help a few out even if it's just days here and there but I know one cnut I hope it bites and screws him to the floor wanker and I don't normally wish ill on any man 

4 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Driving to Bristol for work this morning, was like driving on Xmas day...... No one on the roads... Got in and had to tell lads, we laying off the agency labour and drivers.... Just the  5 of us from 16 men..... Wont hold my breath but I reckon I got another week before I'm sat in the house?

Have you nothing to drop back on dc her brother as just laid a few lads of I feel for you and them  buddy it's a shit situation 

• Like 1

I'm pricing a job this afternoon, meeting scaffolders on site, plus got to order skips ect. Quote got to be in by tonight with a view to starting on Tuesday as its a rush job. I'm going to tell them I'll do it but only if they pay on day of completion....no chance I'm paying out all the expenses to wait months to get paid myself. Mind you if it comes off it will take the pressure off for a month or two.....

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I'm pricing a job this afternoon, meeting scaffolders on site, plus got to order skips ect. Quote got to be in by tonight with a view to starting on Tuesday as its a rush job. I'm going to tell them I'll do it but only if they pay on day of completion....no chance I'm paying out all the expenses to wait months to get paid myself. Mind you if it comes off it will take the pressure off for a month or two.....

Hopefully it comes of for you  dido 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

Have you nothing to drop back on dc her brother as just laid a few lads of I feel for you and them  buddy it's a shit situation 

I'm on the books, thank f**k... Will  be tough for the lads subbing ?I got some fencing, paving and tree work I can craic on with... Bank work for fishing club.. Just redecorated my down stairs... Im sure her in doors will find plenty more for me?

DSC_0389.JPG.74fb0eff8c2ec0f12cc9c50645b52e63.JPG

DSC_0390.JPG.a2ee8598ee0e392dbd90335331dfae63.JPG

Sites dead... Busy for today.... But who knows about tomorrow ?

• Like 4

We need to carry a form whenever we leave the house to explain where we are going and why. Only certain travel is allowed. Today I ventured out to the supermarket and only passed one other car in 12km. The supermarket car park was the quietest I have seen it and there was almost nobody else in the shop. Most of the shelves were full with just one or two exceptions; no potatoes and some brands of certain items were missing but there were others to choose from. Same in nearby Lidl. Almost no other shoppers and business as usual. Got the week's shopping without any problem. The Gendarmes had a road block to check vehicles on the town side of the roundabout but I was able to get to the shops and back without being stopped.

• Confused 1