What’s it like in your area ?C19

Just now, Daniel cain said:

f***ing I'm not complaining.... Shaved an hr travelling too and from work today? no cnut on the roads?

Very odd down here mate, like a ghost town, no one around and even small shops, garages etc have either shut or been ransacked. 

Have stocked up on the essentials. . . . . including ammunition.

• Like 3

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found the past couple of days totally bizarre. It's like a series of ups and downs. Yes it's scary and everyone is worried about the future. But then I go pick my son up from school and I felt nosta

f**k China, nobody should deal with them again.......leaving the whole of the western world so exposed to a hostile alien power is at best negligent and at worst downright criminal 

Yes mate but have to bring a loo roll ,that the rule . No roll ,no run 

Posted Images

All sorted on the food and supply front ?wondering now how long it is until they start closing sites temporarily over this virus shit? Got a few cash jobs lined up if it does go tits up?plus side is more time out with the dogs?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

All sorted on the food and supply front ?wondering now how long it is until they start closing sites temporarily over this virus shit? Got a few cash jobs lined up if it does go tits up?plus side is more time out with the dogs?

I think realistically a lock down like they have in Italy is fairly likely. Could end up a couple months with no work, no public gathering etc. Pretty mental stuff really.

I have plenty of meat, weapons, water, booze and smokes.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I think realistically a lock down like they have in Italy is fairly likely. Could end up a couple months with no work, no public gathering etc. Pretty mental stuff really.

I have plenty of meat, weapons, water, booze and smokes.

Sorted really then ?

Got plenty of food in but to be fair she always does have I got jobs to tidy us over providing we can get the stuff there in case of a lock down just wait a see   I don't fancy being stuck in with her for 8 weeks though  especially if she runs out of fags  

• Haha 2

Without wishing anyone's family etc any illness, I really do think that it IS being blown out of all proportion. Apart from the genuinely VERY vulnerable, 99% of all who contract it WILL survive. Might be ill for a few days to a week or so, but that's it.

5 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Without wishing anyone's family etc any illness, I really do think that it IS being blown out of all proportion. Apart from the genuinely VERY vulnerable, 99% of all who contract it WILL survive. Might be ill for a few days to a week or so, but that's it.

Probably true, but if everyone in the U.K contracted it, 1% death rate would be something like 665,000 folk. Mental. Probably not going to happen, but equally could.

Why would it be such a mental idea? More likely than a meteor destroying us all, and thats an actual possibility lol.

As of noon today we are in lock down. I have to print off and fill in a form to carry while I walk the dog. And then tomorrow I'll have to do another one as they have to be dated for the day in question. I'll need a form for shopping too and only one of us is allowed to go.

We are only allowed out for necessary reasons; shopping once a day, work where allowed, necessary care of people and animals.  For some reason mole trapping is not classed as  essential work so Mole-Patrol is grounded for at least two weeks. I'll lose a few customers too as those who rely on renting out cottages will get no trade this year. I can soon replace their business but some of them will really struggle this year and into next.

The garages are all closed for a fortnight so other than getting  fuel if you break down you are fecked. I can't collect the one owner from new, ex-Gendarmerie (you can have any colour you want as long as it is blue) Berlingo 4x4 that I have ordered until the testing stations re-open so they can give it a ticket. The way the French work is that you take your car in for MOT on the day it expires and you get two months to fix any faults they find. That means there will be people with MOTs expiring this week and next with no means of making them legal. So my change of vehicle may well be delayed further. I've got about 6 weeks on the old Blingo so I can still use that until the ticket runs out.

The shops were operating as normal last Thursday when we did the usual weekly shop. I've heard that the shelves are now almost bare and there are Gendarmes in every shop keeping order making sure nobody buys more than normal. It must have been like this in WW2.

14 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Probably true, but if everyone in the U.K contracted it, 1% death rate would be something like 665,000 folk. Mental. Probably not going to happen, but equally could.

Why would it be such a mental idea? More likely than a meteor destroying us all, and thats an actual possibility lol.

Lol, I know it's st paddy's day, and I've imbibed of a few genius's, but now I'm on my fourth treble 'wood's old navy rum' 57%, so I'm in a pretty good place all round really ?

Let's keep it real, FAAACK coronavirus, I think I've had it already at christmas time. Can't be doing with all these rules and regulations 'the government and medical experts are telling us'! Like they always tell us the truth eh? BOLLOCKS

I reckon my Mrs definitely had it just after Christmas I put it down to a 13 hour flight we had because everybody was coughing and spluttering on it, I thought no more of it then she was ill for about four weeks bad fever no snotty nose but the worse cough ever so bad her face was red and her eyes watering and she could hardly breathe I had nothing at all strange.

If a test comes out to see if we’ve had it definitely going to get tested.

And our local Tesco’s tonight no meat no veg no milk bread sugar and booze at a minimum cleaning products forget it that’s me done with the big stores small places now and I’m stocking up on Ammo in case I have to go all Rambo on the local wildlife. 

• Like 2