Rip love island

37 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I must be the only person on here who doesnt know someone thats topped themself !....selfish as it might sound i tend to be a bit picky about the company i keep i cant be around depressive negative people they just drag you down so unless it was a person ive known a long time and have a loyalty to i just cant be f****d with these morbid gloom mongers i might give that Bridgend film a look to suss what its all about but its something i just cant quite get my head round......to not have the mentality to fight back against whatever your problems are is surely a mental health issue rather than simple decision making,i dont know.

Thats the exact same as me gnash,im the sort to say "pull the fuk togerther ya weak c...t".but it,comes in,all shapes n forms,until it hits your family directly you prob wont understand it,i still cant get my head around it,its basically ruined my family,but we try and get along best we can,but in silence ,as its prob  classed as (or laughed at)a weakness.all of my lot our the funiest,great fun at the pub etc but just had a nightmare loss.

• Like 2

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a bit of a simplistic view of this. It ain't like she was up for treason.  Only common assault.  The boyfriend didn't want to press charges anyway. It was plod. First offense, smack on hands a

2 of my close mates lost a parent to suicide...they have struggled with it ever since.. one was only 14 when his mum topped herself, must be a terrible place to be when you can see no other way out bu

I have a lot of respect what you post mate you don't see any media bullying ? she was hounded out as soon as it  came out being arrested and  as it came out she  lost her job ect  that's enough to tip

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I must be the only person on here who doesnt know someone thats topped themself !....selfish as it might sound i tend to be a bit picky about the company i keep i cant be around depressive negative people they just drag you down so unless it was a person ive known a long time and have a loyalty to i just cant be f****d with these morbid gloom mongers i might give that Bridgend film a look to suss what its all about but its something i just cant quite get my head round......to not have the mentality to fight back against whatever your problems are is surely a mental health issue rather than simple decision making,i dont know.

A good post gnash . 

I had it drilled into me as a young kid from my mam that that form of release wasn’t on the cards. 

We are a single parent only child unit and that would have killed her. 

We have a big sign up at work that says “ there’s always one more thing you can do” 

so true about everything. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Id say a lot of it is drug abuse that fecks up the chemical in the brain

I agree, if a person is easily excitable, stressed, anxious drugs can have a awful effect on the mental wellbeing 

Atb j 

3 hours ago, All-terrain said:

I think it’s just going  to be a time thing mate, I’ll get my head around it given time, I’m not gonna lie though it has affected me in so many ways, but it’s not about me, it was about my mate and how he must of been feeling and showing no signs at all, that’s what keeps getting to me, I suppose they all have their own individual reasons why they do it, that’s why it’s hard to spot someone feeling like that, I don’t know mate, like I say I just wish he’d said something or given some sort of clue so i could of helped, long walks with the dogs and days out with close mates and family Is my therapy, some days I’ll talk, others I’ll just walk try keep busy, I have never shed so many tears over anything or anyone though as much as I have over this, like I say though times usually the healer, At 

Real sad to read your posts mate, nothing any of us can say or do..but if posting on here helps a bit, like you say in your first post, then do it ... might be easier to write than talk at the minute...

Take care mate...

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

That's the thing nash they aren't the depressive type or negative type to harp on about it honestly you don't see it coming there not morbid far from it and it is a mental issue but when it's close it hits harder than someone who's terminally ill wether that's a shock factor I don't know but it does ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

That's my take as well, it's a mental imbalance, or a trigger that is out of your control...it goes against everything that is instinctive, we are animals after all and you would think survival is built in...

My mate is one of the nicest lads youd meet, very good footballer and we grew up on the same estate..his dad was Irish decent as is mine and they were good friends, he was a big strong man and ran a couple of successful companies on the roads.. they were considered rich on our estate Lol...

His old man hung himself, the rumour is money was getting tight and the tax man was looking...I'm not into rumours, but I still cant believe he done it, these arent morbid, gloom mongers at all...intact the are people you would want to be in the company of... when he killed himself my mate was married with.a kid as was his sister... he was a decent family man.who doted on his kids and grandkids... he was a very popular man in this city and the church was filled with people outside, the wake was all Irish songs with family over and again packed... I still cant get my head around it...not for needing a few quid, it dont make sense.... my old man often says about it..really strange...

Its affected my mate, he feels angry as well as sad....

Like has been said on here, you just dont see it coming some times..

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

That's the thing nash they aren't the depressive type or negative type to harp on about it honestly you don't see it coming there not morbid far from it and it is a mental issue but when it's close it hits harder than someone who's terminally ill wether that's a shock factor I don't know but it does ?

One of the lads that I knew was a confident out going fella that had a successful carpentry business a black belt in jiu jitsu plenty of money and could pull the lady’s and had plenty of good mates, he was anything but the depressive type.

As far as suicide is concerned I don’t think there is a type. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, iworkwhippets said:

Told my lady who passed after being together for nearly 30 years, I wouldn't be long behind her, im still here, sad, scared. lonely. heartbroken, im a coward cant do it, ive let her down

My grandas tried killing himself not long after my gran died . He tried plugging himself into the mains but if failed to kill him . He regrets it 100%  . It solves nothing but creates pain for others.  No cowardice because you cant do it . Power to you for not spreading any more pain to people . Theirs enough horrible shit around you dont need to add to it . Just keep on carrying on until its your time to go 

My grandad now spends his time watching tv and reading books . Id rather that than have to go to another funeral

• Like 2

Some terrible stories on here, my mate went round to his sisters last year, found her dead on the floor and his brother in law swinging.  She went first, he laid her out then did himself.  Murder inquiry at first but they had money troubles, house about to get repossessed, and plod happy they both wanted to go...……...terrible, just terrible...……...

3 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

Told my lady who passed after being together for nearly 30 years, I wouldn't be long behind her, im still here, sad, scared. lonely. heartbroken, im a coward cant do it, ive let her down

You need to stay alive to keep her memory alive 

I’m sure she would have wanted that for you 

Committing suicide is an an unatural thing to do and the further our lives get away from what nature intended the more and more suicides we will see, we weren't designed for all this mental stress of the modern world, our brains are for working out how to keep fed and warm and if that's what it's doing it'll be happier for it, when I used to get out fishing more, usually on mi Todd in winter I used to just feel all the stress wash away because keeping warm and fed and how to catch some more fish was all I had to worry about.

I'd like to know the suicide rates for these uncontacted tribes, I'll bet it's the same as their leukemia and crime rates i.e 0

Edited by JDHUNTING
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My mum was suicidal when I was a kid, she tried to go into the water but the shock an cold of the water brought her around, when I was older I asked her why?

An she told me what happened,  she said there was voices in her head telling her to go to the water, she said the voices told her to do it. 

Thankfully she never went threw with it, she passe away four years ago, she was my rock, I miss her alot my wee mum. 

Sorry to hear of your losses lads. 

Rip

• Like 3