North v South

38 minutes ago, sid g said:

he gets some of you every cast ...

Image result for fishing for a bite

You are giving him too much credit, he would like you to think it’s all a clever act but actually he is just a plain and simple head case......there’s f**k all clever about it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's wrong with liver. It's very good for you. Coated in flour black pepper and a salt, fryed in real butter, with home made brown bread,  The food for the gods Atb j 

I've spent half my life fishing in the lakes and it's stunning, someone mentioned life experiences and my best ones are there and on the beaches and in the sea in North Wales, travelled all over the w

I was working in a quarry on a dozer feeding a 1 mile long conveyor belt.through a big hopper. It was sandstone and gravel.The sandstone seem was about 2ft thick and I had to use the dozer ripper

Posted Images

just for wilf....

wenslydale cheese.....north yorkshire

also the best stilton cheese is made just a few miles from me ....only a small area around here can claim to make stilton .....if its made elsewhere it has to called a difrent name...

colston basset  ....stilton regarded as the best.....then theres  long clawson and cropwell bishop....all just a stone's throw from me

by the way this is south east Nottinghamshire and in to northern Leicestershire

Edited by TOMO
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, TOMO said:

just for wilf....

wenslydale cheese.....north yorkshire

also the best stilton cheese is made just a few miles from me ....only a small area around here can claim to make stilton .....if its made elsewhere it has to called a difrent name...

colston basset  ....stilton regarded as the best.....then theres  long clawson and cropwell bishop....all just a stone's throw from me

Cheddar... Ultimate trump on famous cheese 

5 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Cheddar... Ultimate trump on famous cheese 

not really .....anywhere can make Cheddar......feck they even sell irish chedder in the local Tesco.....:laugh:

stilton is like champagne in france......loads of places make it....loads of countries make it....but it has to be called something else like prosecco ...carva ect

melton mowbrey  pork pie is made slightly different as well.....and good ones really are something special to eat....

Dickenson and Morris in melton are about the best.....or walkers I think that's the name of the other shop

• Like 3

Pies in Scotland......them ugly b*****ds will make a pie out of anything and I have to say, jolly good they are too.

I also had a burger with a big slab of haggis on the top and peppercorn sauce when I was up there.....it’s was handsome.

1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

No I know Arry but rest of the country believe em to be best, personally actual cornish ones are normally shite. Rather a traditional from the butchers 

Feck off lol

Lancashire Hot Pot, Bury black pudding, Cornish Pasties, Cornish clotted cream, Lincolnshire sausages, Devon scones, Worcestershire sauce, to name a few.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WILF said:

Well said mate, I have pals from all over the British isles.....very, very close pals some of them are too.

My pal from Burnley lives in London but takes his kids up North regular for what he calls “Northern lessons” ! Lol 

Same as me, I pull the kids up if they drop Irish phrases into a sentence ! Haha

Its all a bit of a laugh but it’s important to retain your roots too I believe and I think most blokes have a little bit of that in them.

Your always going to get a total f***ing prat wherever you go but decent lads tend to gravitate to other decent lads.

Anyway, the north’s f***ing freezing and they all dress like it’s 1985 ! Lol ? 

Ah Burnley... the jewel of the north ? I try to go back as little as possible ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
9 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Feck off lol

Lancashire Hot Pot, Bury black pudding, Cornish Pasties, Cornish clotted cream, Lincolnshire sausages, Devon scones, Worcestershire sauce, to name a few.

Cheers, D.

Cornish pasty there Devon, now you are trying to pinch Devonshire Clotted Cream Lol. Now show me the cave paintings of the pasty. Lol

Cheers Arry

Devon invented the Cornish pasty
The document which lists the reference
The cost of the pasty is listed in a financial record 
Cornish pasties may have actually originated in Devon, an historic document indicates. 

Archivists have found the mention of a pasty in city records dating back to 1509 and 1510. 

The reference to a "10d" pasty is included in an audited civic account book for Plymouth.

But a Cornish chronicler of the pasty hit back, saying that cave drawings revealed evidence of pasties in the county in primitive times.

Historian Dr Todd Gray said the earliest record of a Cornish pasty was in a Devon recipe in 1746.

A reference has now been found in a 16th Century document at the Plymouth and West Devon Record Office which reads: "Itm for the cooke is labor to make the pasties 10d."

Dr Gray said: "As far as we know it is the first reference in Devon and Cornwall to pasties."

'labour to make the pasty' is visible from the top line of the record
A version of the word pasty is visible in the top line

The item is thought to have been listed as an expense for an important civic event, as claret was also listed in the receivers' accounts record. 

Dr Gray said the pasty of the time would have been bigger than today's, and with less meat. 

"If we look at the evidence it is possible that it then spread west or that it was already there.

"At least we know that in the South West they have been eating pasties for 500 years."

However Les Merton, author of The Official Encyclopaedia of the Cornish Pasty, said evidence of the pasty could be found in Cornwall from 8,000 BC.

He said: "There are caves at the Lizard in Cornwall with line drawings of men hunting a stag and women eating a pasty.

"At that time it was wrapped in leaves and not pastry, but the leaves were crimped, so I would say there is positive evidence of pasties in Cornwall from primitive times." 

1 minute ago, Arry said:

Cornish pasty there Devon, now you are trying to pinch Devonshire Clotted Cream Lol. Now show me the cave paintings of the pasty. Lol

Cheers Arry

Devon invented the Cornish pasty
The document which lists the reference
The cost of the pasty is listed in a financial record 
Cornish pasties may have actually originated in Devon, an historic document indicates. 

Archivists have found the mention of a pasty in city records dating back to 1509 and 1510. 

The reference to a "10d" pasty is included in an audited civic account book for Plymouth.

But a Cornish chronicler of the pasty hit back, saying that cave drawings revealed evidence of pasties in the county in primitive times.

Historian Dr Todd Gray said the earliest record of a Cornish pasty was in a Devon recipe in 1746.

A reference has now been found in a 16th Century document at the Plymouth and West Devon Record Office which reads: "Itm for the cooke is labor to make the pasties 10d."

Dr Gray said: "As far as we know it is the first reference in Devon and Cornwall to pasties."

'labour to make the pasty' is visible from the top line of the record
A version of the word pasty is visible in the top line

The item is thought to have been listed as an expense for an important civic event, as claret was also listed in the receivers' accounts record. 

Dr Gray said the pasty of the time would have been bigger than today's, and with less meat. 

"If we look at the evidence it is possible that it then spread west or that it was already there.

"At least we know that in the South West they have been eating pasties for 500 years."

However Les Merton, author of The Official Encyclopaedia of the Cornish Pasty, said evidence of the pasty could be found in Cornwall from 8,000 BC.

He said: "There are caves at the Lizard in Cornwall with line drawings of men hunting a stag and women eating a pasty.

"At that time it was wrapped in leaves and not pastry, but the leaves were crimped, so I would say there is positive evidence of pasties in Cornwall from primitive times." 

I rest my case ? ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 3
27 minutes ago, dytkos said:

I rest my case ? ?

Cheers, D.

A northerner fighting for the accuracy of the southerners food...love it D....

You ain't having Devon Clotted Cream though, and the cornish make their scones all wrong... its cream before the jam ffs....f***ing heathens!! Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Arry is spot on with Crab, Bixham or Newlyn crab pisses all over Cromer crab, not many places around the country rival the south west for seafood...again west coast of Scotland is the only place close in my book

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is it seahouses that is famous for kippers?

Love smokies, Jim used to send them.down always had a load at the fishing comps...

Talking of Jim (haymin) when I went up and got the pup he had baked us scones with cream and jam....top hospitality, dont let anyone say Scots are tight, he alone dispels the myth

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1