Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my lad...Mali cross coursing type dog   

28 inch ....85 lbs.......

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Penda said:

I reckon either a 3/8 5/8 Or a 3/4  is the ticket 

Pend we bred them and ran one she was okay but they do start ta get back the alsation frame shape the three quarter I reared and ran was  superior plus he retained a very strong protective guarding instinct with a good temp and was twenty six around 70 pounds greyhound male on f1 bitch. Enty alsation still retained. Atb bill

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Black neck said:

See what your saying now I'm sure it would as well,big strong healthy dog buck is 

He can still keep the shocker away from me bitch tho ??

Haha, I told you Buck loved that little bitch, make great lurchers. Buck be my last lurcher, I am 67 now old fart lol, had 30 years lamping/mooching with lurchers. A pup out of Buck to nice small/mid size lurcher would very tempting, but really he be my last dog, and what great dog to finish on, great temp, and had some great sport with day/night. ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, billhardy said:

Pend we bred them and ran one she was okay but they do start ta get back the alsation frame shape the three quarter I reared and ran was  superior plus he retained a very strong protective guarding instinct with a good temp and was twenty six around 70 pounds greyhound male on f1 bitch. Enty alsation still retained. Atb bill

Them working ueropean lines ddr Czech lines are older lines they hold strong in there xs breds what Eva they get with. Fa me a alsation wNts ta guard to some degree  a this line do Barr the odd few my bitch good friend or foe. Atb 

8 minutes ago, bird said:

Haha, I told you Buck loved that little bitch, make great lurchers. Buck be my last lurcher, I am 67 now old fart lol, had 30 years lamping/mooching with lurchers. A pup out of Buck to nice small/mid size lurcher would very tempting, but really he be my last dog, and what great dog to finish on, great temp, and had some great sport with day/night. ?

Someone really ought 2 line summat wi the gret lump be a shame not see some offspring 

Just not me lol I'm not into breeding litter s 2 much agg ?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Well 34 xs of any type can be right goodens but can also go tits up losing stamina and or bottle happens a fair bit personally I'd not use a greyhound for the second x a proven racy lurcher for I 

But then i dont know alot about much 

Well a race fast typee saturated lurcher just nigh on a pure greyhound u less fast type coursing bred but that'll do fine one dies not need ta think are you runni g thirties a night or would you desire a jukel that can be more versatile night and day open ground as well has round forestry  etc atb bill

3 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Well a race fast typee saturated lurcher just nigh on a pure greyhound u less fast type coursing bred but that'll do fine one dies not need ta think are you runni g thirties a night or would you desire a jukel that can be more versatile night and day open ground as well has round forestry  etc atb bill

AlsTions xs greyhounds aren't bull xs or Wheaton xs bottle blackie or tenacious his a quality reserved usually da good bred terriers or there xs if by chance ones referring ta a xs of shepherd type blood and bull mixed blood I'll refer a story a mall xs bred in Shropshire ran in staffs no bottle gas you call it refused fallow refused pretty mu h all the bigger stuff cull really. But some one used it on a  bull xs surprise surprise the union produce both vennie  and teeth jukels funny old world this mixing of breeds  there ya go atb bill

19 minutes ago, billhardy said:

I'd deffo get more towards the 3/4 type bred the right way should be a fair dog my bitch is the 1st shepherd type I've ever owned she's far from a world beater and half the time she just wants to sleep on the kitchen floor and fart but once she's out hunting she's out doesn't want to go home ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Penda said:

I'd deffo get more towards the 3/4 type bred the right way should be a fair dog my bitch is the 1st shepherd type I've ever owned she's far from a world beater and half the time she just wants to sleep on the kitchen floor and fart but once she's out hunting she's out doesn't want to go home ?

Ha ha ha sounds like jaz atb bill

5 minutes ago, billhardy said:

AlsTions xs greyhounds aren't bull xs or Wheaton xs bottle blackie or tenacious his a quality reserved usually da good bred terriers or there xs if by chance ones referring ta a xs of shepherd type blood and bull mixed blood I'll refer a story a mall xs bred in Shropshire ran in staffs no bottle gas you call it refused fallow refused pretty mu h all the bigger stuff cull really. But some one used it on a  bull xs surprise surprise the union produce both vennie  and teeth jukels funny old world this mixing of breeds  there ya go atb bill

You just never know 

41 minutes ago, billhardy said:

It's my experience tells me lots believe the qualities from the base are lost a alsation has a strong influence da generation. Them that y mate bred were all very decent enough jukels when ya breeding base bred types on base bred type jukels one his getting just that  with the occasional special one. Narrh modern type keepers of a single type jukel need abit more and the three quarter type will fit the needs fa the edible hunter at the very least. Atb bill

I’m with that bill not many guys need nowt more than a 3quarter bred tbh edible or not ?? My self including I can’t see my self straying to far from 1/4 ish base blood for future nothing more to be gained adding more sighthound 

22 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Edited by poxon
14 minutes ago, Penda said:

Penda, is the pic of that fawn bitch your shepherd cross, and is she a 1st cross greyhound/shepherd, or lurcher/coursing type cross shepherd?

17 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Penda, is the pic of that fawn bitch your shepherd cross, and is she a 1st cross greyhound/shepherd, or lurcher/coursing type cross shepherd?

Her mom was a saluki grey bull grey type to a shepherd dad was a coursing bred dog the litter came out like all sorts 

• Like 1