Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
forest of dean redneck

Dorset poacher caught hefty sentence

Recommended Posts

Was caught early eighties on a keepered estate ferreting no dog involved keeper took nets and tried to take ferts cops arrived let me keep ferrets as apparently they couldn't seize livestock only equipment went to local district court and they tried to do me with taking ground game without a licence slash permission that covers all ground game hares rabbits pheasant partridge my lawyer argued that rabbits weren't classed as game long story short got £20 quid fine and done for in pursuit of coneys apparently rabbits change their name to coney when they live on a private estate £20 was a lot of money back then had to pay it £2 a week thank Christ I had a paper round😁

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

If they looked at my previous they would probably say carry on mate your causing a lot less trouble than u used to. Dogs has been one thing that’s kept me out of trouble. Piss poor to be sent to jail for running a few bunnies when there’s some horrible people walking the streets but they say no resources to catch them 🤣

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

I’m not one massively for slagging the cops as by and large they have a thankless job for interacting with regular joe public 

however op gallelio really gets my back up . 

Again schmaltzy and different departments and budgets etc but I saw first hand the struggle we had in war for air frames to carry out our jobs , at the same time there were helicopters filming lads chasing hares in Lincolnshire 

that speaks volumes to me

Share this post


Link to post

I still walk home with coney ,birds on game hanger local ,no one blinks a eye lid and if they did then f@ck um ,

If he only had rabbits they can do nothing !

 

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

To me rabbits are not game and If you get caught it's all down to landowners digression in my eyes not harming anybody taking a handy full of bunnies and I'm pretty sure there's an old bye law that states you can take a couple for pot my grandad would turn in his grave at things like this just disgusting as if they Waiste people's time and money to convict people for pathetic things like this 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Penda said:

To me rabbits are not game and If you get caught it's all down to landowners digression in my eyes not harming anybody taking a handy full of bunnies and I'm pretty sure there's an old bye law that states you can take a couple for pot my grandad would turn in his grave at things like this just disgusting as if they Waiste people's time and money to convict people for pathetic things like this 

To some people robbing a bank ain’t hurting nobody the money is insured😁 pity it’s the law we got to live by, or atleast pretend to 😂

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

To some people robbing a bank ain’t hurting nobody the money is insured😁 pity it’s the law we got to live by, or atleast pretend to 

People make a big deal of nothing these days my grandad used to poach to feet the family yeah he worked aswell but as my dad said we lived like kings I never take it away from any body trying to survive as long as nobody gets hurt in the process do what yah do 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Think I seen that didn’t they give the gun back to him ?

Yeh they did

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

I still walk home with coney ,birds on game hanger local ,no one blinks a eye lid and if they did then f@ck um ,

If he only had rabbits they can do nothing !

 

I was charged with trespassing search of conies back in 80,s   they took my 30 odd rabbits lamp battery kept me locked up from 2am

 Saturday till 3pm sunday  treated me like a terrorist and then at court fined £240 ffsk .I steered clear of north yorkeshire after that

Share this post


Link to post

Some coppers go out there way to make life hard for us as they haven't got f@ck all better to do ?" Like smack dealers and nonces to lock up so they give field men hard time ,

back in day it was Oakham police they proper c@nts and take you in for anything .

i don't hide the fact I go out with my jooks and local they got better things to do than lock me up for s coney .but in some areas were lads have made it hot it's different story and I hear of lads loosing motors ,dogs and jail .

If Corbin gets in we all going to b poachers anyway ,as he we ban all hunting with dogs full stop .

mooch

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, ftm said:

I was charged with trespassing search of conies back in 80,s   they took my 30 odd rabbits lamp battery kept me locked up from 2am

 Saturday till 3pm sunday  treated me like a terrorist and then at court fined £240 ffsk .I steered clear of north yorkeshire after that

It worked then far as there concerned should of bin back out Sunday night

Share this post


Link to post

We had a spate of sheep thefts in the area recently, as many as 50 a night disappearing obviously an organised gang. The police put up signs saying sheep were being "attacked" and to report suspicious activity making it sound like "poachers". I found the police in the yard late one night and asked them what they were doing to which they replied they were looking for lampers, not sheep rustlers. People running the land really isn't a problem around here but I've been stopped whilst walking the dog a few times in recent years (never been in trouble with the law otherwise).

My guess is the disproportionate amount of time and effort rural police spend on hunting and harsh sentencing in the courts is part of some political cause amongst people in power.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Think I seen that didn’t they give the gun back to him ?

Took him to the station, released without charge with his gun back. Seems to be double standards and no consistency. 

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

We had a spate of sheep thefts in the area recently, as many as 50 a night disappearing obviously an organised gang. The police put up signs saying sheep were being "attacked" and to report suspicious activity making it sound like "poachers". I found the police in the yard late one night and asked them what they were doing to which they replied they were looking for lampers, not sheep rustlers. People running the land really isn't a problem around here but I've been stopped whilst walking the dog a few times in recent years (never been in trouble with the law otherwise).

My guess is the disproportionate amount of time and effort rural police spend on hunting and harsh sentencing in the courts is part of some political cause amongst people in power.

Up to fifty sheep q night was taken local to me ,the fella who was taken them was a shop keeper from brum and he was nicked with a young lad with van full of dead sheep .

its lot of money ,stock to loose .

 

Share this post


Link to post

Main problem now is how the public are misinformed by the media ,most think all hunting is banned ,that lamping is illegal, that taking rabbit is illegal even with permission but of course this makes the polices job easier for them .

Its getting to the point where owning a lurcher is an admittance of guilt ,and heaven help you if you happen to be in the countryside with one .

Plus the fact hiding behind your phone to inform on someone is easier than facing them isn't it ? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...