New Pup saluki x

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pup finally come good!

Cheers guys new vet diagnosed him with sarcoptic  mange which surprised me. But his hair growing back as fast as it disappeared!

If there are no signs of mange mites, burrowing under the skin, causing bleeds and pustules, etc,...there is no point in trying to eradicate a parasite that is not on the host... It is best to co

Posted Images

Well dog was treated with stronghold but wasn't convinced of mange his skin not red or sore no hotspots. Anyway woke up this morning bloody thing is almost bald! f**k knows what's going on cleaned bedding and given it antihistimine see if it helps over  next few days. Will get pic up later!

1 hour ago, matty said:

Well dog was treated with stronghold but wasn't convinced of mange his skin not red or sore no hotspots. Anyway woke up this morning bloody thing is almost bald! f**k knows what's going on cleaned bedding and given it antihistimine see if it helps over  next few days. Will get pic up later!

Kin el mate, that's progressing at a hell of a rate of knots! Did your vet give you any other possible causes if he wasn't convinced it's mange? Alopecia maybe? 

Edited by shaaark
On 26/09/2019 at 11:28, matty said:

New Pup 7 weeks old scratching like mad losing a lot of hair daily. Got him booked into vets not until Monday though. He seems to be getting worse no flea infestation and I have treated him anyway. I was thinking mange Any ideas not best pics will get more up later.

20190925_150313.jpg

20190925_145054.jpg

Yep take the poor might to the vet ,all the pups and mam will have it ,

4 hours ago, matty said:

New pic it's actually worse in flesh how ever skin not sore no hot spots no inflammation  and get doesn't thing mange. No fleas so I'm thinking allergy it's hair is falling out by the day

20190928_161921.jpg

20190928_161910.jpg

I mite get shot down for this but if you try most things and it doesn’t work and vets  want keep banging loads different meds’ in it it probably be better of pts , and befor anyone jumps on band wagon of putting a pup to sleep I’ve seen with my own eyes a pup go from a couple spots to compleatly bald and scratching it’s self that much it’s skin was like a big scab , no life for a pup that 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

I mite get shot down for this but if you try most things and it doesn’t work and vets  want keep banging loads different meds’ in it it probably be better of pts , and befor anyone jumps on band wagon of putting a pup to sleep I’ve seen with my own eyes a pup go from a couple spots to compleatly bald and scratching it’s self that much it’s skin was like a big scab , no life for a pup that 

I actually agree, thought crossed my mind already. But no scabs no hotspots the hair is just falling out on its own.

Edited by matty

If it's an allergy or chronic mange pts mate. I had a terrier I rescued off some cnut and she had an allergy to fleas all her life. Operations to remove anal glands and allsorts. She has a life with the ex mother in-law but its not fair to allow a pup to go through this imo ;)

Edited by mushroom