New Pup saluki x

Are you using any chemicals in the house? Scotch guard for example or even fertilizers for house plants?

Another thing is, have it's anal glands been looked at? Sometimes they don't empty right and that can be a leader which causes loss of hair. I had this with a wee JRT bitch and hers had to be emptied at least once a month all her life.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pup finally come good!

Cheers guys new vet diagnosed him with sarcoptic  mange which surprised me. But his hair growing back as fast as it disappeared!

If there are no signs of mange mites, burrowing under the skin, causing bleeds and pustules, etc,...there is no point in trying to eradicate a parasite that is not on the host... It is best to co

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Are you using any chemicals in the house? Scotch guard for example or even fertilizers for house plants?

Another thing is, have it's anal glands been looked at? Sometimes they don't empty right and that can be a leader which causes loss of hair. I had this with a wee JRT bitch and hers had to be emptied at least once a month all her life.

Nothing I can think off I had the carpet professionally cleaned but that's 8 months ago!

Interesting, from the pic doesn't seem to be any inflammation as one would expect with an allergic immune response, eczema  etc?. It could be a none allergic immune response, perhaps stress related.

I expect the thyroid function has been checked. 

45 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Interesting, from the pic doesn't seem to be any inflammation as one would expect with an allergic immune response, eczema  etc?. It could be a none allergic immune response, perhaps stress related.

I expect the thyroid function has been checked. 

Zero inflammation could it still be demodectic mange?

12 hours ago, matty said:

Zero inflammation could it still be demodectic mange?

Anything is possible but normally you'd expect some inflammation. 

My guess and it's only a guess would be the immune system attacking the hair follicles simar to alopecia areata in humans. 

Edit to add, or best case scenario the treatment has worked and the hair loss is due to previous damage. 

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1
On 02/10/2019 at 22:32, sandymere said:

Edit to add, or best case scenario the treatment has worked and the hair loss is due to previous damage. 

Was wondering if it could be that, or if it could be giving flea treatment when he got the pup, then another treatment a short time later from the vets

26 minutes ago, socks said:

How does tripe cleanse a dogs blood ??? 

I think bill is on about if the dog is taking in any thing contaminated. Everything ends up in the blood stream that a body takes in  as been said before tripe has the effect of being a boost for the digestive system with good bacteria’s so there for in bills words cleanses bloods 

ffs is it only me on here that can understand what bills getting at or on about ??‍♂️?

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, poxon said:

I think bill is on about if the dog is taking in any thing contaminated. Everything ends up in the blood stream that a body takes in  as been said before tripe has the effect of being a boost for the digestive system with good bacteria’s so there for in bills words cleanses bloods 

ffs is it only me on here that can understand what bills getting at or on about ??‍♂️?

How is tripe a boost for the digestive system and what good bacteria does it have ??? ......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1