New Pup saluki x

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pup finally come good!

Cheers guys new vet diagnosed him with sarcoptic  mange which surprised me. But his hair growing back as fast as it disappeared!

If there are no signs of mange mites, burrowing under the skin, causing bleeds and pustules, etc,...there is no point in trying to eradicate a parasite that is not on the host... It is best to co

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, socks said:

How is tripe a boost for the digestive system and what good bacteria does it have ??? ......

Just a teaser for ya socks ? get reading old son worth having a good read then make your own mind up

1F989C5F-C36B-4F60-B225-2963B8E05304.png

• Like 2

Yes mate I understand that but all raw meats contain enzymes and do what green tripe does so it isn’t anything special. Infact I think it’s kiwi fruit or something like that has the most enzymes. 

• Like 1

Given how fast the bacteria on green tripe dies off I'm not sure it's quite the benefit it's made out to be. I really rate tripe though, simply because the dogs look good on it and it's nutrient content is as close to complete as a single source of flesh gets.

• Like 1

I been getting me hands on beef and tripe mince and to be honest ive had to give the dogs a bit less than what id normally give as they look abit fat on it. Tripe deffo keeps wieght on a dog. 

Let ya eyes be ya guide with feeding dont bother with nutrition and all that feed ya dog see how it looks then run it lol

• Like 1

I used feed a lot green tripe as it was good to put weight on over winter and had a local supplier but now all the niggas buying it all up it’s like rocking horse shit to get hold of turn up there and it looks like something of Zulu 

3 minutes ago, C.green said:

I been getting me hands on beef and tripe mince and to be honest ive had to give the dogs a bit less than what id normally give as they look abit fat on it. Tripe deffo keeps wieght on a dog. 

Let ya eyes be ya guide with feeding dont bother with nutrition and all that feed ya dog see how it looks then run it lol

found the same with the stuff i get from bulmers,started giving the big dog less than 500 grams of meat as she's in the house and not outside.....

Update, appointment on monday, but the breeder been in touch again, a few are showing signs and one is worse than my boy, I still thing demodectic mange. He took to vets they did a skin scrape but no signs of mites but has been treated needs 3 treatments apparently. 

20191003_191912.jpg

2 hours ago, socks said:

Tripe is fine as a filler but with low protein (around 13-15%) and nearly 80% moisture I would never use it as a main meal .......

Not suggesting it should be but it's more than a 'filler' given its vitamin, mineral and fatty acid content/proportions.

It's moisture content is a little higher than muscle flesh (70%+) but not hugely. So that's a 25% reduction in calorie density vs beef etc but again it offers a lot in other nutrients.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1