Dog aggressive to me

1 minute ago, Ptd87 said:

If he rips  a claw again mate sort out his paw, and then give him some ribs ?.. if it was me I'd see it as my mistake and carry on as normal but with food training like been said above... why kennel him for a couple of weeks it just f*ck the routine up for you both... All the best 

Dont think it food related as right from pup always played with his food and fed by hand I haven't done that in while though so will give it a try and see.

Really think its pain related 

• Like 1

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I growled and curled me lip when me youngest went for me beans on toast luckily the missus were there and intervened or God knows what might have happened 

Any dog show aggression round me or young there’s only uno option 

How would you like someone dicking about with your manky foot when you're trying to get the nosebag on ?

1 hour ago, rob284 said:

Benefit of the doubt yes, but if kids are involved I wouldn’t give it a chance. I’d keep a dog like that outdoors, especially if you had any doubts.

spot on  rob, my dogs are kept outside, and i think it best, they got there own bit of space, dogs need that.And never under stood this thing about taking a bone of a dog or his dinner  , let the poor bugger  have it in  peace/quite . ok people keep dogs in houses , and 95% time thats when  dog bites happen , they get messed about,  being put under pressure  from there owners/ kids , there animals not humans , and should be treated as such , left out side in peace  deff . regards any injury  like been said muzzle it  then deal with it .!

• Like 3

you known your own dog?your kids are old enough to give it space ?,put it in a crate in a quiet corner,when it's knocked up in future or outside kennel ,and put a muzzle on it when you next treat it.......or just bang  it on the f***ing head ?some f***ing spanners on here ???. atb ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, bird said:

spot on  rob, my dogs are kept outside, and i think it best, they got there own bit of space, dogs need that.And never under stood this thing about taking a bone of a dog or his dinner  , let the poor bugger  have it in  peace/quite . ok people keep dogs in houses , and 95% time thats when  dog bites happen , they get messed about,  being put under pressure  from there owners/ kids , there animals not humans , and should be treated as such , left out side in peace  deff . regards any injury  like been said muzzle it  then deal with it .!

Think your right with hard core workers mate, but our taz has become a working pet and the kids adore him and has become part of our pack and he knows he at the bottom.

That said think he enjoys his own space and peace in kennel during the day.

I had a mate that had ebt that was a chewer so he went in a cage in his house while they we out which I don't agree with but that dog became really protective of that crate thing .

As been said make sure he knows who is boss, I often take my dogs food away half way through make him sit and wait for it untill I say he can have it. He had a moment at my kid the other week she tried to take a bone from him and he growled abit that got sorted right there and then he ain't done it since and she can take what she likes now. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Saltmoon said:

As been said make sure he knows who is boss, I often take my dogs food away half way through make him sit and wait for it untill I say he can have it. He had a moment at my kid the other week she tried to take a bone from him and he growled abit that got sorted right there and then he ain't done it since and she can take what she likes now. 

Funny thing is my daughter who is the youngest has amazing control of that dog when being lead walked what she says goes and he obeys yet when I take hold of lead....?

1 minute ago, Chaff said:

Funny thing is my daughter who is the youngest has amazing control of that dog when being lead walked what she says goes and he obeys yet when I take hold of lead....?

?? maybe try and start the basics again with food get all family who live in the house to take food aswell let him know his place and don't feed him untill everyone else has had there tea 

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I growled and curled me lip when me youngest went for me beans on toast luckily the missus were there and intervened or God knows what might have happened 

That could have ended badly that one ...... Maybe they need to stick you in a cage when your having beans ??

8 minutes ago, Black neck said:

You Heinz 57 black neck perhaps next time get the kids to feed one at a time next time you open a tin?

9 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

?? maybe try and start the basics again with food get all family who live in the house to take food aswell let him know his place and don't feed him untill everyone else has had there tea 

Its not food related I'm sure just a really sore toe mate

But will have a play with his grub next time he fed?

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

The little shits are going no where near me beans keep the tins in me van now 

Ever tried campo largos mate ?

Thats what I get fed and I don't have a bad bone in me body well maybe one in my arm at the moment but it ain't bean related