What’s the difference between average and very good dogs

45 minutes ago, Big Ron said:

Spot on i would say ....Some dog men have higher standards and what may be a world beater to some are at best average to others .

so your saying some one with high standards will always have shit dogs and some one with low will always have good dogs

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me I like to turn up on a field like an Apache gunship. I flick into scan mode using the red beam to highlight any potential targets. One detected 80yard! I prime my four legged missile which also

To tell you the truth I come from a pretty crap family lol and had nothing and no help whatsoever and have worked very hard in life for myself and am comfortable/happy and it gives me a buzz to help p

About 25 "likes" and a few good photos

Posted Images

is it necessary to grade yer dog now for others? i think this is why the dogs get stolen ,if you got a dog thats not up to your standard then  you need to decide how to deal with it ,thats a personal decision,all i ask is the dog you keep is an honest capable dog ,that wont show ye up in company ..he doesnt have to be a 5/5 or anything like that ,i like an all rounder.A dog that can take a bit of hardship if its put up to him but thats a steady animal around others and wont act the maggot at the wrong time ,(or any time)its good to have a dog you can throw in the car and know whatever arises he can deal with it in some shape and form..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, TALKCHEAP said:

so your saying some one with high standards will always have shit dogs and some one with low will always have good dogs

No ? Didn't you get a new mirror for Xmas old timer to argue with after you broke the last one ??

I weren't referring to you as I no you only keep rabbit dogs ??as jigsaw  said 5 out 5 hare dog no champion in my book all rounder do or die or it's gone average trying mutt have a nice new year lads ?

Edited by Bearfoot

I think your friends will tell you. Most can't see faults in dogs when their friends can. They would usually be on the critical side. I've only owned 2 exceptional dogs ( both bitchs and neither lurchers) nobody would argue that they weren't . When your mate says that's the best he seen in whatever field ahead of his own dog then that's as close as you get. Owned a few useful terriers that did their job but none i would call outstanding. They only pop up every decade.

• Like 1