What’s the difference between average and very good dogs

3 hours ago, Who let the dogs out! said:

For me I like to turn up on a field like an Apache gunship. I flick into scan mode using the red beam to highlight any potential targets. One detected 80yard! I prime my four legged missile which also scans the field with built in night vision and state of the art air scent detection system. Target acquired “Fox one” missile is released and like a f****n tomahawk she navigates the contours of the field with an ongoing risk assessment for any dangers in its path. The target knows it’s under fire and a “dog fight” is under way. Twists and turns, speed vs speed, intelligence vs intelligence. We have all seen Topgun right?... The missiles seek and destroy capability outweighs the run and hide capability of the bunny and in a matter of seconds the bunny is done! The dog returns to the gunship for round two. One slip. One kill. 

Your ego is writing cheques your doggy can't cash ?

Edited by mushroom
  • Haha 3

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me I like to turn up on a field like an Apache gunship. I flick into scan mode using the red beam to highlight any potential targets. One detected 80yard! I prime my four legged missile which also

To tell you the truth I come from a pretty crap family lol and had nothing and no help whatsoever and have worked very hard in life for myself and am comfortable/happy and it gives me a buzz to help p

About 25 "likes" and a few good photos

Posted Images

Just now, Who let the dogs out! said:

Ok then Shark come on spit it out. What’s been holding you back from replying to this thread. Sit down here next to me and we can have a chat about it. What seems to be the issue here? Your itching to get it off your chest, just let it go f**k the ? 

Suppose like others have said, everyone, of an 'individual' nature, and not one these 'go everywhere together' type hunters, will have their own thoughts on what's a good, average or shit dog. I couldn't give a flying f**k who thought any of my dogs were shit, hardly anyone but me saw them working, so it didn't matter ?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Suppose like others have said, everyone, of an 'individual' nature, and not one these 'go everywhere together' type hunters, will have their own thoughts on what's a good, average or shit dog. I couldn't give a flying f**k who thought any of my dogs were shit, hardly anyone but me saw them working, so it didn't matter ?

Pretty much the same as me. Only go out with a select few really.

16 minutes ago, Who let the dogs out! said:

Pretty much the same as me. Only go out with a select few really.

Probably been out with less than a dozen people, when out with the dogs over the years. As soon as I could see what they were about, it ended. Only other person I go out with now is my son, and that's not too often.

Just to add, I've been out with a few genuine people and their dogs a number of times. Normally when I havn't had a dog at the time though ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Probably been out with less than a dozen people, when out with the dogs over the years. As soon as I could see what they were about, it ended. Only other person I go out with now is my son, and that's not too often.

Just to add, I've been out with a few genuine people and their dogs a number of times. Normally when I havn't had a dog at the time though ?

I’m the same mate. Totally understand where your coming from. Best way mate

• Like 1

The average bred lurcher is more than enough dog for the majority of lurcher owners past and present,this type of jukel will never ever need to become anything other than what it is and what it was bred for.Ill warrant if ego,s and the tinternet never played a part in the reputation of the mutt and owner then the average lurcher would be a beast we could all live in contentment with.In the not to distant past some outstanding owners wanted a mutt a tad above average,not the one trick pony and thick as fack dross many see as the elite lurcher now,mutts that ran a tad smarter for a tad longer,mutts that could cope with the differing terrain and a multitude of tasks and do them all in a fashion that is a lost art,on the whole,now.The folk that want something a tad more than average are only kidding themselves and their ego,what they own is more than enough and they should respect their charges more and become more honest with themselves.Find a lurcher bred now thats equipped to encourage the lurcher owner to put the time and effort in to go up a level,again im not talking about the one trick pony,s and second rate lurcher that needs the lamp to outwit and encumber what it cannot connect with daytime.A decent average jukel is what most should aspire to own,nothing else will ever compete with such a dog and give as much hunting pleasure.

• Like 5