Fury v wilder

38 minutes ago, MickC said:

It just shows how good a prime Jones was as he literally schooled Toney when they fought, it was almost a shut out. Pre Heavyweight Jones was unbeatable imo, aside from the disqualification loss to Griffin that took his unbeaten record which was harsh.

Perfect as a performance can be from jones that night?Cracking account of himself,was a shut out indeed. The "uncivil war" they called it didn't they 

lost a decision to griffin both times didn't he? Was ahead on most cards but just got out worked in the first fight,

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I noticed it with football too.just a better insight and passion for it.

you see max that's where we disagree....and I think your very wrong.....iron mike had great footwork..and superb headmovement...the amount of shots that slid past his head in his early fights was some

First time I’ve seen a p***y get robbed  

Posted Images

9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Im sure he was only mucking about ?....as Lencharrster said its a long running joke apparently.

Anyway theres nothing technical about basic tap and run its how you score points in the amateurs and at nearly 7 foot tall its hard to beat....fortunately in the pros you,ve got to make a dent ....the judging in the pros isnt about touching your opponent with a scoring shot its about impacting your opponent 1 solid left hook to the body can score higher with judges than 10 ineffective scoring jabs its what sets apart pro and amateur boxing.

Besides which for pure technical ability id put Mike Tyson close to the top literally every punch he threw was textbook perfect and technically correct his short narrow hooks then the way he shifted weight to throw the uppercut was technically beautiful he mastered complex manouvers into a very fluid technique the way he implemented angles and moved forward perfectly balanced with speed to sit on his punches was pure boxing technique.....Holyfield at his best had every punch in the book....Riddick Bowe for a brief time had as good fundamental skills as anybody.....James Toney at 5 ft 9 and up from middleweight on cheeseburgers alone had tremendous skills,he had no right fighting at heavyweight he should of been killed but was so technically devastating he could hang with them,can you imagine a 5 ft 9 Fury having to share a ring with Toney ?it would be a complete mismatch.

If only he was joking ?

@maxhardcore tell him what you told the rest of us 

3 hours ago, shaaark said:

No I'm not one of them lol. Every boxer/fighter has limitations. And just for example,  would you say lennox lewis beat mike tyson, regardless of the result?

Every day of the week and twice on Sundays.....Lewis had too much of everything for Tyson.

10 hours ago, shaaark said:

In simple terms gnash, mike tyson would've completely buckled tyson fury before the second round was over 

Probably not iron mike won most of his fights without using a jab because he was too short. He was a far better fighter to watch though. Them big monsters around now should be given a different division. Big rangey men with huge reach that can't be got at that are boring as hell but are hard to get at. Not pretty to look at but hard to hit. Mass beats ability when your 6 foot 9 inch and 20 stone. Furey is able to move for a big man and an awkward fight for anyone.

9 hours ago, jiggy said:

Probably not iron mike won most of his fights without using a jab because he was too short. He was a far better fighter to watch though. Them big monsters around now should be given a different division. Big rangey men with huge reach that can't be got at that are boring as hell but are hard to get at. Not pretty to look at but hard to hit. Mass beats ability when your 6 foot 9 inch and 20 stone. Furey is able to move for a big man and an awkward fight for anyone.

I remember the benn - piper fight and that was the same with pipers long arms .. benn just kept getting inside and working his body until pipers arms fell enough for benn to finish it .....

• Like 2
1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

Munter le Pooch you just keep sitting and staying on Command you weasle.

How many times do you want me to say I think Tyson Fury is the best Heavyweight BOXER since Ali ??????

All round fighter NO

BOXER ' Yes.

What I'm saying is Weasley understood you don't have to keep asking ?

What are you on about you tool, I'd love you to say it daily and making yourself look stupid. 

2 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Where have I said Greatesr Heavyweight since Ali ????!

Best Heavyweight BOXER since Ali.

He could turn out to be the Greatest since Ali ? Time will tell.

Re Safc I just said they were Greater than West Ham ' which is true ?

You've said he already is, don't backtrack now

6 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Dont get all defensive chief im only messing,your name rung a bell a few weeks back but i couldnt remember why....then when you did that old schoolboy tactic again of calling people arse lickers if they wont agree with you the penny dropped....anyway forget all that silly nonsense from before,water under the bridge.... how are you keeping ?...well i hope.

Whats the difference....greatest and best mean the same thing

As opposed to what best heavyweight fisherman ?.....people who participate in the sport of boxing are called boxers i dont get why you keep writing it in capital letters is it code for something ?

Thats true....but then so could Wilder.....i doubt it....but your right they could.

????? good one.

7 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Boxing are called boxers i dont get why you keep writing it in capital letters is it code for something ?

He keeps doing it because he accepts fury isn't the best puncher but believes him to be the most technical since Ali. The best Boxer for feet and head movement