Sign in to follow this  
pesky1972

World Cup 2018

I think Messi peaked about 4 years ago, whereas Ronaldo has kept a steady ship all the way through. I'd say Messi is the more naturally gifted footballer but Ronaldo trains harder and really wants it more.

I never really rated Zidane as highly as some do, I thought he was a good midfielder in an era of gifted midfielders, Zidane, Figo, Rui Costa, Scholes, Vieira etc. 

Some peoples comments are hilarious re Ronaldo... yes he is big headed, yes he does love himself but probably does more for children and various charities around the world than any other footballer today.

On the pitch he has consistently played in teams that had a lot more average players than Messi, Messi has been surrounded by top players at Barcelona since day 1. What Ronaldo did at Manchester, Real Madrid and Portugal over the last decade has been nothing short of amazing, his stats, his records, his achievements and when them teams need someone to dig them out of a hole he's the man that does it. Credit where credit is due lads...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Spot on mate , my 14 month old boy is more effective in an Argentina strip than Messi 

shame as for the last two years he’s been in a rare run of good international performances. 

Apoarently he’s a very introverted character I wonder if the burden of a legacy from Maradona effects him in that famous blue and white strip 

I think his introvert character comes from his autism 

1 hour ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I think Messi peaked about 4 years ago, whereas Ronaldo has kept a steady ship all the way through. I'd say Messi is the more naturally gifted footballer but Ronaldo trains harder and really wants it more.

I never really rated Zidane as highly as some do, I thought he was a good midfielder in an era of gifted midfielders, Zidane, Figo, Rui Costa, Scholes, Vieira etc. 

The true shame of the golden generation of England players  was that all the time the manager was trying to show horn Lampard and Gerrard into the same 11 , the team should have been built around Scholes and a holding midfielder like batty, Barry , carrick etc . 

Sad but I believe hoddle would have realised this and been the one to take England to the holy grail 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lusitano said:

Some peoples comments are hilarious re Ronaldo... yes he is big headed, yes he does love himself but probably does more for children and various charities around the world than any other footballer today.

On the pitch he has consistently played in teams that had a lot more average players than Messi, Messi has been surrounded by top players at Barcelona since day 1. What Ronaldo did at Manchester, Real Madrid and Portugal over the last decade has been nothing short of amazing, his stats, his records, his achievements and when them teams need someone to dig them out of a hole he's the man that does it. Credit where credit is due lads...

I agree, smart arsed fecker but seemingly a good man,  brilliant player and consummate professional, what's the betting he's at the next world cup, the way he keeps himself in shape?

Cheers, D.

• Like 2

I agree kerny it's good to see young kids without fear being given a chance the likes of Arnold loftus cheek etc I hope they do so well 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

I agree kerny it's good to see young kids without fear being given a chance the likes of Arnold loftus cheek etc I hope they do so well 

I think that's where we've gone wrong for years, playing the big names even though their form is shite. It's not about the big club names it's about playing as a team.

• Like 2

I daren't say what I think England will do! Lol. Because I'm always shite with predictions, I just hope they go out and play with some spirit. Watching Rooney and co for the last 10 years has broken me! I think Rose and Loftus Cheek havto start. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

I think that's where we've gone wrong for years, playing the big names even though their form is shite. It's not about the big club names it's about playing as a team.

Spot on it didn't do Germany any harm in recent tournaments 

• Like 1

If theirs something I think might be good for England it's that most of these younger kids had Southgate as manager for under 21's

• Like 1

So if it all blows up in our face , where does that leave us ? 

A genuine question , but if harry Kane has another nightmare tournament should he be in the next squad after the tournament ? 

Is he worth the space?