World Cup 2018

13 minutes ago, WILF said:

Honestly, there’s a few lads on here who’s opinion I respect on football and I understand it’s all subjective but I honestly don’t know what anyone is seeing in the first game team that was much different from the team out against Belgium ?

If Belgium had put its first team out against our first team I personally believe you would have seen exactly the same game.....

Im no anti English even with sport , and to be honest the English guys I know are sensible about the football team.  But the media/pundits are mentally overboard and arrogant with English football. The Belgium game was pretty poor and bar kane it wasn't a massively "2nd team" . Vardy and rashford are behind kane but they are supposed to be very good . Also sterling was rested but he's piss poor in front of goal . Ithoyght fellaini was very good against England . Showed real effort in a dull game . Think all thoughts should be solely on Columbia and not the talking about the easy route to the semis . Columbia have real good players let's not forget , but in the media they see it as a foregone conclusion they will beat them 

• Like 1

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday afternoon's scenes were remarkable, drunk men openly sobbing and crying, women and children jumping up and down screaming and shouting, but that's enough about Scotland. Well done Engla

Just been watching the English and Swedish fans chanting at each other English fans were "YOUR SHIT BUT YOUR BIRDS ARE FIT" Swedish retorted "GO HOME TO YOUR UGLY WIVES" 

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Im no anti English even with sport , and to be honest the English guys I know are sensible about the football team.  But the media/pundits are mentally overboard and arrogant with English football. The Belgium game was pretty poor and bar kane it wasn't a massively "2nd team" . Vardy and rashford are behind kane but they are supposed to be very good . Also sterling was rested but he's piss poor in front of goal . Ithoyght fellaini was very good against England . Showed real effort in a dull game . Think all thoughts should be solely on Columbia and not the talking about the easy route to the semis . Columbia have real good players let's not forget , but in the media they see it as a foregone conclusion they will beat them 

true mate , we got to get past them 1st, and take every game as it comes . i ve never thought  we get far in this tournament , we got  no world class players,  maybe Kane  thats about it .  i find it very strange with people  who supposed  to a  have certain  knowledge   of football  , who pick holes in to the England team  . i come from football  family   my old man loved the game, my son plays  weekend  , and very good standard  of A football , all  3 mad WOLVES  fans , well me dad gone now, but he been still up for all this tournament .  just enjoy  England being there  , if we come home early  so what , we just not good enough , maybe this young team or other lads coming through , might be better , and produce  few world class players , you got to keep the faith   Come On ENGLAND .

• Like 3
2 hours ago, WILF said:

Honestly, there’s a few lads on here who’s opinion I respect on football and I understand it’s all subjective but I honestly don’t know what anyone is seeing in the first game team that was much different from the team out against Belgium ?

If Belgium had put its first team out against our first team I personally believe you would have seen exactly the same game.....

Surely we all know this is an England side for the future, that's what's a little exciting, there are some very young promising players getting s good experience at a work cup..

Now are big weapon so far has been set pieces, Trippier's delivery has been fantastic and the 2 centre back.plus Kane have caused loads of trouble in the box with good movement.

On Thursday night the delivery was shit.

Trippier, Walker and Kane make a big difference imo..

I.ageee though in that Belgium 1st team.v England 1st team would probably have ended the same...

Tough game against the Columbians now, they are no mugs and will get at us no doubt.. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Surely we all know this is an England side for the future, that's what's a little exciting, there are some very young promising players getting s good experience at a work cup..

Now are big weapon so far has been set pieces, Trippier's delivery has been fantastic and the 2 centre back.plus Kane have caused loads of trouble in the box with good movement.

On Thursday night the delivery was shit.

Trippier, Walker and Kane make a big difference imo..

I.ageee though in that Belgium 1st team.v England 1st team would probably have ended the same...

Tough game against the Columbians now, they are no mugs and will get at us no doubt.. 

Be nice to think you are right mate.

maybe my expectation of ability is too high, I don’t expect them to be winning every game at all......I just think there are things that players who play for the clubs they do, play and train amongst the peers they do should have better ability than I have seen in certain areas.

2 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Agreed mate, some of the stuff I saw was so f***ing basic it was unbelievable.......closing down in front of your own box, working little triangles Jesus Christ even a throw in !

It was all attempted 50 yd Hollywood cross field passes and pass and stand still, backing off players and letting them play, not pressing quickly in front of your own box.....I mean this is the stuff I teach kids not to do.

I have written about deliveries into the box so we won’t drag that up again.

Im behind em, I like the vibe and I like the team selection (other than Sterling ) But f**k me, let’s not get carried away and let’s call the t what it is.

58 minutes ago, WILF said:

Agreed mate, some of the stuff I saw was so f***ing basic it was unbelievable.......closing down in front of your own box, working little triangles Jesus Christ even a throw in !

It was all attempted 50 yd Hollywood cross field passes and pass and stand still, backing off players and letting them play, not pressing quickly in front of your own box.....I mean this is the stuff I teach kids not to do.

I have written about deliveries into the box so we won’t drag that up again.

Im behind em, I like the vibe and I like the team selection (other than Sterling ) But f**k me, let’s not get carried away and let’s call the t what it is.

Those 50 yard passes are overrated . If your going to do then they need to be raking over a fullback with your winger / full back in full flow to get the ball.  Then your talking my kind of language . Scholes did it well , over the top on to a flowing players toe then it's attack time.  Doing it to a standing player seems to be lauded these days , f**k knows why . That pass should put defenders on edge straight away

Have a look at this and explain to me why this guy didn't have a whole generation of players built around him .

Thats a Hollywood pass with substance 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

100%  Welsh Red

Players are trying who ain’t good enough to try it and have not got players with the ability to receive it.

You don’t just turn up and “Be Paul Scholes”......the bloke had a range to his game, sure he could do what that video shows but he could also do so much more.

So basic stuff well and the rest will fall into place imho 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, WILF said:

100%  Welsh Red

Players are trying who ain’t good enough to try it and have not got players with the ability to receive it.

You don’t just turn up and “Be Paul Scholes”......the bloke had a range to his game, sure he could do what that video shows but he could also do so much more.

So basic stuff well and the rest will fall into place imho 

Too much applause for basic stuff is what makes these players these days . For angry managers basic stuff wasn't applauded it was expected 

• Like 1