Beddy x

i have a first cross she is 18 1/2 inches. 11 months old just caught her first rabbit. where she excels is nose etc working cover and marking. very quick over 50 yards but lacks a gear on longer runs.i certainly wouldn't buy 1 as a running dog but then again i don't lamp.daytime mooching & ferreting she suits me fine.

Screenshot_20180404-181150_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180404-133022_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beddy greyhound x bull greyhound. Atb Adam 

If you get the right buddy x they top dogs here my beddy grey zack

My Beddy Whippet. Nearly 3 years old, around 19".........

Posted Images

I had two litter sisters 3/8 beddy 5/8 whippet both fast enough for rabbits day & night one was faster than the other & i ran them together there catch rate was way above what i expected & they caught alot more than just rabbits. Though from same litter one was very racey & other more solid. Great little dogs. Atb 

4 hours ago, troyboy17 said:

Trev what is your opinion  on the beddy whippet  it looks as though u work them hard enough but some people  say the aren't  fast enough

I've heard that too so I must of been lucky with the few l've owned because I've found them plenty fast enough for rabbits and can put a good shift in day and night

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, troyboy17 said:

This is my first cross I will know more next season 13 months 

received_10155971889438350.jpeg

unusual colour for a first cross. mate had 1 same colour but it was a genuine 1same.glover says i his book you only get black,blue or brindle.also you never get a smooth first cross. load of boxxxxcks on both 

On 28 April 2018 at 17:02, fred90 said:

unusual colour for a first cross. mate had 1 same colour but it was a genuine 1same.glover says i his book you only get black,blue or brindle.also you never get a smooth first cross. load of boxxxxcks on both 

He another fecking theorist ,that glover.plenty all colours when generation, and of course some chocolate reds blues black tans wh come along at times on first generation.trouble with em because they ain't seen them they don't exist allways been the same allways will be.i believe glover his embarking on rekindling a breed from the past ,just saying  that's the talk true I don't know but there we have it. A theorist .atb bill

• Like 1
On 28 April 2018 at 17:17, billhardy said:

He another fecking theorist ,that glover.plenty all colours when generation, and of course some chocolate reds blues black tans wh come along at times on first generation.trouble with em because they ain't seen them they don't exist allways been the same allways will be.i believe glover his embarking on rekindling a breed from the past ,just saying  that's the talk true I don't know but there we have it. A theorist .atb bill

It's very true the older a breed type his in existence the more chance of mutation on colours etc coat texture etc ,the poodles of today phantoms pies etc all mutation colours  I suppose early days the blacks were so common has the brown feral wild type dogs etc.natural colours no need to mutate even though albinism exists in all fur or feather it really his showing blissful ignorance of a breed of animal the wolf ,here we have so many different breeds of dogs bred down from the genome ,and yet we have a  mere mortal teaching none sences through his lack of knowledge ,I say this nature predicts the out come of all the kingdom of man and his creatures fur feather or otherwise land or sea.let that be the teacher to us all  atb bill

On 28 April 2018 at 16:53, troyboy17 said:

But are yours first cross or 3/4 bred trev

Best I seen were g Kelly bred rip ,over canock ways brown hills ,bred a good beddy xs did George we had som amongst us hardy types.sure his daughter was breeding a few same has George standard who knows but that was maybe adecade ago.atb bill

3 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Best I seen were g Kelly bred rip ,over canock ways brown hills ,bred a good beddy xs did George we had som amongst us hardy types.sure his daughter was breeding a few same has George standard who knows but that was maybe adecade ago.atb bill

i had one off g.kelly in 1991 cracking little bitch had her 16 years 

• Like 1