• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bella she's a 5/8 3/8 who will be 12 months old next week,she's already bumped into a few odds & sods on our daily exercise wanders..she is 100% going to do what's asked of her if early indication

4th full season for this fella. Just does what he does. Been great to have him as a role model for young dog. Always keeps me happy this fella Atb Igz

Fawn dog...bull/grey x saluki/bull/grey....black bitch 1st x..

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, FUJI said:

Bella she's a 5/8 3/8 who will be 12 months old next week,she's already bumped into a few odds & sods on our daily exercise wanders..she is 100% going to do what's asked of her if early indications are anything to go by ? She's bred off serious animals so I'm expecting her to be half decent at the least ?

IMG_20200526_203225.jpg

Not your usual style Fuji how’s she coping with the hills? 

5 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Not your usual style Fuji how’s she coping with the hills? 

No she's not but she had been in 2 homes by the time she was 9 months old through no fault of her own, lads who owned her both had a littermate to her & both chose to keep the other so I gave her a home as I didn't want to see her on the dog merry go round especially without seeing what she could do, she was a little nervy initially but me being her 3rd owner without her breeder by the time she was 9 months old was quite understandable,she's grand now though, she has the same dam as two other relatively young dogs I have here in Bear & Rose, sadly Bear broke his neck out working in December but I've not given up on the dog & although the first 6 weeks after his accident were stressful to say the least as I never went to bed at all in that time,I had to turn him every two hours, twenty four hours per day to stop him getting bed sores but he still did regardless,I had to hand feed him & syringe water down him, obviously he was having to lie in and amongst his own pee & crap as he couldn't move as he was paralysed..we had to learn him to stand initially then learn him to walk again, he spent more time in a heap than on his feet..7 months later he's still here,he wont ever be right but i like the dog & even towards the season end he accompanied me on a couple of mountain adventures & although he had to rely on his old man to do the catching it was great to see he still had the enthusiasm & desire to get stuck in ?..life with lurchers never runs as smooth as you like,im sure we can all agree on that one!

This is Bear recently, he is still a very fast dog, can jump gates, fences etc but turning will never be his strong point since his accident,he's 5/8 Grey 3/16 Bull & 3/16 Saluki

PSX_20200408_132433.jpg

• Like 18
5 hours ago, FUJI said:

No she's not but she had been in 2 homes by the time she was 9 months old through no fault of her own, lads who owned her both had a littermate to her & both chose to keep the other so I gave her a home as I didn't want to see her on the dog merry go round especially without seeing what she could do, she was a little nervy initially but me being her 3rd owner without her breeder by the time she was 9 months old was quite understandable,she's grand now though, she has the same dam as two other relatively young dogs I have here in Bear & Rose, sadly Bear broke his neck out working in December but I've not given up on the dog & although the first 6 weeks after his accident were stressful to say the least as I never went to bed at all in that time,I had to turn him every two hours, twenty four hours per day to stop him getting bed sores but he still did regardless,I had to hand feed him & syringe water down him, obviously he was having to lie in and amongst his own pee & crap as he couldn't move as he was paralysed..we had to learn him to stand initially then learn him to walk again, he spent more time in a heap than on his feet..7 months later he's still here,he wont ever be right but i like the dog & even towards the season end he accompanied me on a couple of mountain adventures & although he had to rely on his old man to do the catching it was great to see he still had the enthusiasm & desire to get stuck in ?..life with lurchers never runs as smooth as you like,im sure we can all agree on that one!

This is Bear recently, he is still a very fast dog, can jump gates, fences etc but turning will never be his strong point since his accident,he's 5/8 Grey 3/16 Bull & 3/16 Saluki

PSX_20200408_132433.jpg

That is a quality photo. Looks a right machine!

Please don't take this the wrong way. If he was that good and an injury stopped him would you not stud him for a pup?

Hats off to you for keeping him going. Many, if not most, would have PTS on diagnosis of a broken neck. Most of the remainder would've opted out on the realisation of having to turn him every 2hrs of a night. Well done fella, credit to you.???

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, dytkos said:

Have you still got Don mate and are your lads still into the dogs?

Cheers, D.

Hey up D fella, aye old Don is still here bud ?,he's in grand order,still thinks he's a pup although his next birthday will be his 12th, he has a litter of pups on the ground that will be starting away this season, so be good to see how they go..aye all my lads are still going 100% strong with the dogs bud, terriers & lurchers is all they are about D..they've been really successful at what they do so much so that word of mouth through the farming and landowners community has seen them amass large swathes of permission throughout the county to be able to work their dogs..in this day & age that in itself has been worth all the time & effort they've put into the game..my grandkids are even going out with the lurchers now ?..i've brainwashed the lot of them mate ?

PSX_20200512_132717.jpg

• Like 9
15 hours ago, FUJI said:

Bella she's a 5/8 3/8 who will be 12 months old next week,she's already bumped into a few odds & sods on our daily exercise wanders..she is 100% going to do what's asked of her if early indications are anything to go by ? She's bred off serious animals so I'm expecting her to be half decent at the least ?

IMG_20200526_203225.jpg

Cracker...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, FUJI said:

Hey up D fella, aye old Don is still here bud ?,he's in grand order,still thinks he's a pup although his next birthday will be his 12th, he has a litter of pups on the ground that will be starting away this season, so be good to see how they go..aye all my lads are still going 100% strong with the dogs bud, terriers & lurchers is all they are about D..they've been really successful at what they do so much so that word of mouth through the farming and landowners community has seen them amass large swathes of permission throughout the county to be able to work their dogs..in this day & age that in itself has been worth all the time & effort they've put into the game..my grandkids are even going out with the lurchers now ?..i've brainwashed the lot of them mate ?

PSX_20200512_132717.jpg

Great to hear mate, pass on my regards please. ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 2
On 06/07/2020 at 16:44, chas94 said:

few pics of my pups just gone 4 weeks old all coming on great and very forward confident  pups been looking at the price of lurcher pups on the likes of pets4 homes ect people are off there heads ,,,ended up with 7 one died at a week or so old few less would of been nice as they have nocked the bitch for 6 pics dont do them justice boy with scar on his head thats how he come out

106298994_713359276167889_126347882508791960_n.jpg

106928644_301725977677736_7907565316423130378_n.jpg

107237583_1608725272629048_8070471960071984971_n.jpg

107322907_915208178960094_1694892700821584870_n.jpg

107379446_3098062193573540_3568619487577610417_n.jpg

107497509_593628488220736_5982746536553015752_n.jpg

107674398_307199443652476_6426264031553278254_n.jpg

How they need and are any left?

• Like 2