• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

I agree, it's all about such animals surviving & breeding, but released & escaped animals could of survived for 10 plus years, which may account for many sightings over the years, that are often discredited as fantasy.

What I'd never considered before, until Greyman started posting on this subject, was the question of hybrids? Tilimangro gave an interesting account last week of seeing a cat, that was obviously not the 'classic' leopard sighting, but a large cat all the same......just another interesting avenue I thought.

Stuff like that is enough to keep me curious.

Absolutely. That's why I said what the picture shows for me. But we also need to be aware that different standards are applied in different circumstances. We don't question pictures from Africa because we have absolutely proof already. But that I divides photo might still be wrong. Lacking absolute proof in the uk we have to be careful not to make statements ofor absolute certainty

• Like 3

Absolutely. That's why I said what the picture shows for me. But we also need to be aware that different standards are applied in different circumstances. We don't question pictures from Africa because we have absolutely proof already. But that I divides photo might still be wrong. Lacking absolute proof in the uk we have to be careful not to make statements ofor absolute certainty

:good: very well written.

Greyman if somebody came back from safari and said they had taken that photo people would say what a great picture . But because it was taken in England there will always be questions. For me it shows a cat for sure and I see a leopard but maybe that's because I want to see one? Even a 100% definite picture will bring doubters or accusations of fakery.

If you applied the same principles of science or law to judging that photo you would be hard pressed to find either community judge it as proof mate. If it was from S.Africa or Botswana etc then it would make it very plausible but even then it's not strong enough at all to make it a fact that it's of big cat.

It'd be torn to bits under peer review or in a court and that's the standard we demand of other science and so is the standard we need to hold this stuff to.

as a scientist you would probably be better off on the tooth pit identification side of things this is the way things have been going over the last few years with some people now more interested in finding carcasses than getting pictures, I,ve shown this before but it's a good example, this is on the hip of an elk in the states eaten by a mountain lion for comparison there is no question as to the tooth marks, we have now collected ten uk carcasses with identical bite marks and had them confirmed by experts in the field under lab conditions it's thought to bring more weight than grainie pictures to the cause

post-102539-0-83978800-1505821670_thumb.jpg

Greyman, I agree that that is part of the way forward. I'm afraid I'm not at all experienced in this kind of analysis though. Something I'm now interested in though! :thumbs:

Who's we? Who's the experts? How close is identical? These are my immediate questions. Or should I say will be the questions asked by academia when this evidence is presented.

All this builds up your case though. A work in progress...

I should have said mate that picture was in the express so it's without doubt 110 percent true, though being serious I have an idea I may have seen it some were else in the past not sure will dig a bit deeper

Today's picture, taken on the Yorkshire moors last week your views and opinions as always

1 more thing . You know my stance on big cats but I try pick holes in stuff. If nobody questions then you don't get the right answer .

If that was me taking the picture and say for instance that picture was the first of the cat I took , I'd be relentlessly taking pictures for the seconds following that picture . Surely he'd have more pictures if the cat dismounting the rock which would add incredible depth to the picture

• Like 1

You posted a report on a sightingnin scotland yesterday. The police put it on thier website. Hardly keeping it quiet. Also imagine if a child or anyone was hurt or killed by a supposed big cat and it came out the cops knew.

tbh its the police job to warn the public and keep them safe from any potential dangers.

As for this "even you had conclusive proof" you wouldn't be believed!

not by me as i have stated a few times in this thread i would be the first to admit i was wrong!

however i have seen nothing that makes me think there is big cats wandering around the UK.

This goverment /local authority cover up imo is just a convient cop out by big cat believers.

• Like 1

Today's picture, taken on the Yorkshire moors last week your views and opinions as always

Best picture I've seen on it up to this point but as FODR posts...

You can tell it's feline

Trouble you have is with hoaxers was it taken in uk or was it photoshopped.

That's clearest one I've seen though

... it's all about context especially as yesterday's link to the Record showed a stock picture.

Which brings up the subject of official public recognition again. I know Greyman has been laughed at on here about claims of cover-ups, disposal of bodies etc, but it is an interesting point & one worth looking at.

Would it really be in the public interest to make it official that such animals exist?

Say for example during the filming of something like Springwatch, they got some night footage of a leopard type cat prowling through the Cotswolds, would they air that film? Would they f**k!! (I'm not implying they have lads....haha)

Maybe such thoughts are just far fetched, but if proof of such cats existed in the British countryside, I think there would be some very careful consideration about making it public.

I believe it should be a matter of public interest if nothing more than to satisfy public interest! :laugh: For all the species we're eradicating it would make a refreshing change to see one adapt to the environment no?

They've allegedly done no harm to anyone. They've allegedly been here for decades. They're allegedly breeding in the wild. There's nothing to fear. Or there is a giant conspiracy where they are allegedly causing problems and it's being hushed so as not to panic the public.

Would there be a valid reason not to make it public? :hmm:

• Like 1

You posted a report on a sightingnin scotland yesterday. The police put it on thier website. Hardly keeping it quiet. Also imagine if a child or anyone was hurt or killed by a supposed big cat and it came out the cops knew.

tbh its the police job to warn the public and keep them safe from any potential dangers.

As for this "even you had conclusive proof" you wouldn't be believed!

not by me as i have stated a few times in this thread i would be the first to admit i was wrong!

however i have seen nothing that makes me think there is big cats wandering around the UK.

This goverment /local authority cover up imo is just a convient cop out by big cat believers.

Scott my post was less about supposed cover-ups, but more about how irrefutable proof (say of cubs for example) if any, was dealt with in a public way, if at all?

.....& you've thrown up another interesting question......is it a legal public requirement to report such findings direct to the police? I expect Greyman would know?

Edited by Accip74

Best picture I've seen on it up to this point but as FODR posts...

You can tell it's feline

Trouble you have is with hoaxers was it taken in uk or was it photoshopped.

That's clearest one I've seen though

... it's all about context especially as yesterday's link to the Record showed a stock picture.

Which brings up the subject of official public recognition again. I know Greyman has been laughed at on here about claims of cover-ups, disposal of bodies etc, but it is an interesting point & one worth looking at.Would it really be in the public interest to make it official that such animals exist?

Say for example during the filming of something like Springwatch, they got some night footage of a leopard type cat prowling through the Cotswolds, would they air that film? Would they f**k!! (I'm not implying they have lads....haha)

Maybe such thoughts are just far fetched, but if proof of such cats existed in the British countryside, I think there would be some very careful consideration about making it public.

I believe it should be a matter of public interest if nothing more than to satisfy public interest! :laugh: For all the species we're eradicating it would make a refreshing change to see one adapt to the environment no?

They've allegedly done no harm to anyone. They've allegedly been here for decades. They're allegedly breeding in the wild. There's nothing to fear. Or there is a giant conspiracy where they are allegedly causing problems and it's being hushed so as not to panic the public.

Would there be a valid reason not to make it public? :hmm:

I'm not sure, but I'm sure it would create some concerns & legal issues etc? Edited by Accip74
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic