I'm not sure, but I'm sure would create some concerns & legal issues etc?

Personally, I'd be more inclined to believe the lack of official response is in correlation to the lack of credible evidence. By that I mean there isn't enough quality evidence to conclude proof and therefore no official confirmation or denial.

I'd think that there would be further legal issues if someone was harmed and there was compelling evidence but as we found with Rochdale council it'll probably be half a century before they admit it.

• Like 2

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Quick update the pile of rocks has been located by someone in the group and it is in Yorkshire apparently I have seen the picture before as I suggested but it was earlier this year and finally there is no leopard shaped rock in the place of the alleged leopard, so it is what it is a photo taken this year on the Yorkshire moors what it contains you decide

You posted a report on a sightingnin scotland yesterday. The police put it on thier website. Hardly keeping it quiet. Also imagine if a child or anyone was hurt or killed by a supposed big cat and it came out the cops knew.

tbh its the police job to warn the public and keep them safe from any potential dangers.

As for this "even you had conclusive proof" you wouldn't be believed!

not by me as i have stated a few times in this thread i would be the first to admit i was wrong!

however i have seen nothing that makes me think there is big cats wandering around the UK.

This goverment /local authority cover up imo is just a convient cop out by big cat believers.

Scott my post was less about supposed cover-ups, but more about how irrefutable proof (say of cubs for example) if any, was dealt with in a public way, if at all?

.....& you've thrown up another interesting question......is it a legal public requirement to report such findings direct to the police? I expect Greyman would know?

funnily enough the big cat tent was at dunster fair earlier in the year near mine head and the old chief of police for Devon and Cornwall came in, he was in charge during the beast of Bodmin crisis when they were getting sheep kills everyday in big numbers and he confessed he never had a clue what was happening or how to deal with it, one of the things the group is involved in at the moment is trying to set up a sort of charity that farmers and people who have seen them can contact,as the police are so ill equipped to handle it and don't have a scooby what they are looking for, so if you phoned the police in my area and said a dog had killed a dozen of your sheep they would contact me and I would go out with my DNA kit and camera to see if it is a cat kill or just dogs, like wise all these witness reports it would be nice to be first on the scene to look for pug marks or kills in the area and in answer to the original question it's not illegal as they are classed as non native so until they are accepted as being British they cannot be protected by British law
  • Like 2

Personally, I'd be more inclined to believe the lack of official response is in correlation to the lack of credible evidence. By that I mean there isn't enough quality evidence to conclude proof and therefore no official confirmation or denial.

I'd think that there would be further legal issues if someone was harmed and there was compelling evidence but as we found with Rochdale council it'll probably be half a century before they admit it.

Like I said, it's more a hypothetical question of how would such evidence, if any, be dealt with?

I'm sure Greyman said in one of his posts that a member of staff had been employed by the police in some area to deal with reports full time? Of course I may have that wrong, but that would be in some way an official response at least?

• Like 1

Like I said, it's more a hypothetical question of how would such evidence, if any, be dealt with?

I'm sure Greyman said in one of his posts that a member of staff had been employed by the police in some area to deal with reports full time? Of course I may have that wrong, but that would be in some way an official response at least?

gloucester police I think because there are so many reports from the Cotswolds they have a more measured response than most

Yes clearly a cat grey man but what I don't understand is the quality of all these photos is scrap even more you can see the quality of some the heather sane distance as cat as good

I agree with you Cush but as I said a few posts ago this is why as a group we are trying to become more involved with the first call side of things, because as you say it's clearly a cat but if me or someone like me was first on the scene I guess there would be some pretty good pug marks as it jumped down maybe some claw marks from climbing and a few measurements of the rock would confirm its size so you could add a lot more weight to the sighting than just a rough image, at the moment all I can do is pass on things I see and you have to make up your own mind, I get pictures like this and worse most weeks so it's probably much more frustrating for me than you mate

Yes clearly a cat grey man but what I don't understand is the quality of all these photos is scrap even more you can see the quality of some the heather sane distance as cat as good

I agree with you Cush but as I said a few posts ago this is why as a group we are trying to become more involved with the first call side of things, because as you say it's clearly a cat but if me or someone like me was first on the scene I guess there would be some pretty good pug marks as it jumped down maybe some claw marks from climbing and a few measurements of the rock would confirm its size so you could add a lot more weight to the sighting than just a rough image, at the moment all I can do is pass on things I see and you have to make up your own mind, I get pictures like this and worse most weeks so it's probably much more frustrating for me than you mate

Do you know the location of photo

Here you go,the picture was taken in March, according to the reporter there had been a heavy rain storm the night before and the animal was sunning itself which would seem normal if you had been wet all night,

Looks like a domestic cat to me, just scaling against the hoola hoop rested on the rock ?.

As Welsh lad says above, why hasn't this person got a sequence of photos.

Keep going Greyman, you know my views and beliefs on this. Hope you get something undeniable fella.

The problem is that because big cats aren't accepted as being out there that isn't the first port of call when people see something, even with their own eyes, they will try to find an explanation and usually get to one before they get to big cat!

Greyman I remember seeing some cctv footage on the news a few years back now that was a large cat in a yard of some type with shipping containers type in Essex I think it was picked up on the security cameras and was a film not a still. Is that something you have seen?

Here you go,the picture was taken in March, according to the reporter there had been a heavy rain storm the night before and the animal was sunning itself which would seem normal if you had been wet all night,

Back ground looks completely different.

Sorry mate but......

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic