When all is said and done the odds of them not being here a lower than them existing here in the wild IMO. 

We need to remember that all these exotic cats that are in fashion now are far from being big cats. 

Technically a cougar isn't but I think it would be safe to label one as such. 

If they were here and breeding populations were scattered across Britain something damning would have showed up by now. 

There's too many contradictions flying about in this subject for me. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

My heart wants to believe in the Yeti, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Big Cats in Britain, but my head says Nah......

As others have said, surely people like us who walk the land day and night, hunt with packs of hounds, shoot, etc would have incontrovertible proof if anything was out there ?

But no, all we see is blurred photos from a great distance, or grainy video that could be anything from a cat to a Labrador !

I'll keep an open mind, I've never seen a Scottish Wild cat, but they are out there, who knows, their distant, larger cousins may be out there aswell, but if they are, they're doing a bloody good job of being inconspicuous !

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

If there really big cats out there with all these thermals and riflemen , lampers etc out at night im sure they would have been seen by now ? Iv bolted many ferals before now but they only normal pussy size ?

And they would have been shot , Chucked in the freezer and sent to the taxidermist. The photo would have been shown to friends , with a word of warning “ don’t say f@ck all , big cats aren’t on my ticket “. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, king said:

Do you know the makers of this documentary GM or much about it. and when it will be aired..

https://www.britainsbigcatmystery.com/

Yes I do mate, the small group of people in the bottom right hand corner one of them is me, ? so you can all get to meet me, I,ve said this many times but the shouters never listen but a clear photo will prove nothing or very little but the work that has gone on in the labs will, and you can get to see that work on the film, since this thread started the university has examined  around 15 carcasses that have been consumed by cats and the work that’s gone into it will be shown on the film, enjoy my accent ???

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Yes I do mate, the small group of people in the bottom right hand corner one of them is me, ? so you can all get to meet me, I,ve said this many times but the shouters never listen but a clear photo will prove nothing or very little but the work that has gone on in the labs will, and you can get to see that work on the film, since this thread started the university has examined  around 15 carcasses that have been consumed by cats and the work that’s gone into it will be shown on the film, enjoy my accent ???

Lol well I never thought you would say it's me ? when will the documentary be out GM 

Personally i don't think a clear photo will prove anything as everything has to be in context and i can put a photo on the internet, these thing are proven by a body of evidence, with people claiming 250 individuals, one would expect to increasingly be seeing genuine pictures on facebook, post on YouTube, DNA and road kill etc and as the latter it is likely to be the biggest cause of fatality a few bodies, would supply a body of evidence, (couldn't resist that) with things like DNA analysis to check species/subspecies, examination to determine if previously captive, isotopes to detect things like diet and area of the world it was raised in etc etc. Basically a similar picture as which developed with the growing population of Pumas in the southern states of America. The absence of road kill is telling, 250 with an estimated fatality of 20%??

Where are all the bodies, plus just natural death would leave bodies and remains for a long time yet again not a single body has been found???

Now Greyman, between throwing insults,  claims there is a police force removing bodies and keeping silent?? That seems highly unlikely and then where do they take the bodies? Then the people at the incinerator must also be in on the secret, plus the road workers who find the bodies, plus the average joe, who, on their drive to work sees one dead by the side of the road in the early morning etc etc... it seem rather unlikely that all these people are managing to keep such startling and valuable news secret //////////////// If 90% of young people saw a dead big cat by the side of the road it would be all over social media within minutes and on national news within hours.

Edited by sandymere
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

And they would have been shot , Chucked in the freezer and sent to the taxidermist. The photo would have been shown to friends , with a word of warning “ don’t say f@ck all , big cats aren’t on my ticket “. 

Funny you say that... I was shown a photo about 5/6 yrs ago on a lads mobile phone... Of a cat in the back of a red hilux... Nose at the front of the tub and the tail hung off an open tailgate by 25/30 ".... They had seen it out lamping and shit themselves.... Few weeks later farmer shot it, took a picture and it went straight in the incinerator... Reason being he didn't want every cnut with a rifle running rough shot over his feilds looking for more..... The person who showed me is on here.. 

Unfortunately he's on holidays for the next 10 yrs?.... That's what sparked my interest and made me go out and meet GM?

I would never of believed there were raccoons in the forest of dean.... Until I found strange scats.... I was messaged by someone who actually hunts them, he identified the scat as that of a raccoon.... That's why I bought a few trailcams.... You can Believe me or not? ... ? 

• Like 6
19 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Funny you say that... I was shown a photo about 5/6 yrs ago on a lads mobile phone... Of a cat in the back of a red hilux... Nose at the front of the tub and the tail hung off an open tailgate by 25/30 ".... They had seen it out lamping and shit themselves.... Few weeks later farmer shot it, took a picture and it went straight in the incinerator... Reason being he didn't want every cnut with a rifle running rough shot over his feilds looking for more..... The person who showed me is on here.. 

Unfortunately he's on holidays for the next 10 yrs?.... That's what sparked my interest and made me go out and meet GM?

I would never of believed there were raccoons in the forest of dean.... Until I found strange scats.... I was messaged by someone who actually hunts them, he identified the scat as that of a raccoon.... That's why I bought a few trailcams.... You can Believe me or not? ... ? 

What part of the country was that DC north or south.

26 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I would never of believed there were raccoons in the forest of dean

There's a variety of non native species in the uk, including skunk in the forest of dean, raccoons as well wouldn't surprise me,  but what they have in common is that they are known and seen  and killed on the roads.

https://www.theforestreview.co.uk/article.cfm?id=737&headline=Squashed skunk creates a stink&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2009

Historically I'd say the chance of the odd specimen of big cat being released back along is probable but their survival was going to be short lived, as you describe, there's the cougar in Scotland that was publicised and many would have been more willing to shout of their accomplishments in a similar manner, secrets get out.

Today big specimens of domestic cats are becoming increasingly common and a few have posted picture of them having been shot etc and they are an impressive size but still domestic cats at the endo of the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic