Do You Collect Anything ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Collected a few models of some of the locomotives I used to drive up until I retired 10 years ago, and knocked up a display cabinet out of beech..    

I seem to collect dept. Turns out I'm pretty awesome at it

bloody kids these last few years,,,,

Posted Images

Militaria(victorian upto ww2 ) and coins (roman upto victorian ) for me.

More or less the same as me. I only collect medals not general militaria. And my coins are only gold and silver.

• Like 1

I have a wee collection of caithness paperweights. Well 6 to be precise hardly the biggest collection lol

my 2 favourites are a Thistle one and a poppy one commerating ww1. Werent cheap either for a bit of glass.

Seen a few on my travels scothunter they are something else. Very very nice!
  • Like 1

Ive half heartedly collected West Ham programmes but thrown so many out the car window in temper on the way home from games i wouldnt class myself a full on collector !.....i also have a collection of every West Ham home shirt since the early 70,s.

Always fancied collecting taxidermy but never quite got round to it.

Well Gnasher if you're starting collecting taxidermy, West Ham would be a good starting point...........they have been stuffed enough times :laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbs:

• Like 2

I have a wee collection of caithness paperweights. Well 6 to be precise hardly the biggest collection lol

my 2 favourites are a Thistle one and a poppy one commerating ww1. Werent cheap either for a bit of glass.

yea some are crackers mate. Liked the poppy one and now i by one or two a year.

yea some are crackers mate. Liked the poppy one and now i by one or two a year.
I can certainly see your enthusiasm for Caithness! Each and every one I have seen is a work of art! I wish you every success in your venture to add to your collection!
  • Like 1

Collected a few models of some of the locomotives I used to drive up until I retired 10 years ago, and knocked up a display cabinet out of beech..

attachicon.gifcabinet.jpg

That's a cracking collection and one that just sort of clicks with me, fantastic way of triggering past memories from work.

Used to collect birds eggs, had a great collection, only ever took 1 from each clutch, and I got every one of them myself wasn't in to swapping, how things have changed

bet you started with a copy of the Observers Book of Birds Eggs :thumbs: imagine a small book like that having kids and grown men risking their livss collecting objects that are lay about free to take, maybe Pokeman Go sort of the same thing lmao, funny thing is anyone who does stuff like hat or well did when you could, they all still look when they out and about as they get older lol

Still got mine 1965 edition lol

Cheers, D.

• Like 2

Well Gnasher if you're starting collecting taxidermy, West Ham would be a good starting point...........they have been stuffed enough times :laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbs:

The way our lot have performed this year and the speed they get about the pitch you,d be forgiven for thinking they are taxidermy !

Antlers I suppose. I'm not a collector type at all but anything I kill with a remotely interesting head I'll keep and clean. Not mounted any of them yet, I just like natural stuff like that.

I want to brain tan some deer skins and fur-bearers too, fox and mink.

I have an idea of collecting a shit load of heads and skins to eventually one day have a little study f***ing rammed with it all.

Oddly I'm not particularly a fan of taxidermy though. I like it, just not in my own house.