Lidle Find

Haa yer all mentle. If a man in a pick up doing scrap jobs and camping anywhere he likes knocked on my door I'd lock everything down. Dogs n all. Wouldn't believe a word he says. Yet he comes on here where he's. "illiterate" basically writes a novel and he's believed by many. Ah for fck sake. Definitely silly season

Must admit i thought the " illiterate " bit was a strange one as well.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I just met up with greyman and seen the footage he has and here is my verdict .......   As far as I'm concerned I was looking at a video of a young mountain lion type big cat ... the video is o

Not just big cats we have roaming the countryside in the UK, we've got some big primates also. Managed to capture this image of a mountain gorilla in a secret location in the Scottish highlands just a

Id like to thank socks, had a lovely drive up saw my first hare of the year and also a red kite on the way back, met a decent like minded bloke that has certainly had many years experience and knows h

Posted Images

Unfortunately and it's a point I made to greyman was that there is nothing to compare the size with on the video I seen ... greyman told me he had footage on another d vice of a domestic cat walking the same area and the size difference was substantial... however I didn't see the other footage .......

If i took a picture just of my ol chap it would look quite big.......but if i put a box of matches in the same picture :D

We can all find another device to fall back on ;)

How can you tell that a cat is big with nothing to scale it to.

When I say scale I mean it wasn't sat next to a milk crate or anything ... there was foliage and such like in the background but then how tall is the said foliage ... who the fukc knows ... however I'd like to think I know the difference between the size and movement of a moggy compared with something substantially bigger ......

scale is only important if the picture is unclear, and in that case the scale might not be enogh to convince anyone anyway.

if you look at a picture of a puma from almost any angle and at a domestic cat from the same angle you would find it very hard to get the two confused IF it is a decent picture

• Like 2

Its like trying to do a juggling trick with balloons who the f**k knows how a picture of a big cat looks without seeing a picture of a big cat i cant believe ive let myself buy into this madness the chap above is right !

Edited by gnasher16

scale is only important if the picture is unclear, and in that case the scale might not be enogh to convince anyone anyway.

if you look at a picture of a puma from almost any angle and at a domestic cat from the same angle you would find it very hard to get the two confused IF it is a decent picture

It's obvious the picture isn't clear, Greyman has stated this.

Its like trying to do a juggling trick with balloons who the f**k knows how a picture of a big cat looks without seeing a picture of a big cat i cant believe ive let myself buy into this madness the chap above is right !

So what's your take on it gnasher.

Are you a believer or a non believer.in what Greyman and socks are saying.

I think its safe to assume the country is not full of puma's but I do believe there are various cats of various types that have escaped and possible bred. I know what I saw was no puma and looked like a lynx

I dont really have a take on it.....a few of my own thoughts but im a relative newcomer to the countryside so not really entitled to an actual opinion thats why something like this is so frustrating its an interesting carrot being dangled and without seeing the footage i cant really see how anyone could form an opinion......unless of course they have their own experiences/sightings.....which i dont.

• Like 3

I dont really have a take on it.....a few of my own thoughts but im a relative newcomer to the countryside so not really entitled to an actual opinion thats why something like this is so frustrating its an interesting carrot being dangled and without seeing the footage i cant really see how anyone could form an opinion......unless of course they have their own experiences/sightings.....which i dont.
That's a fair enough conclusion.

I think I'm in the belive camp.

As it just adds more to the whole mystery of it all.

Sorry I,ve been away from my tablet and sorry if people were glad to see the end of it and I,ve brought it back, but I have just been and moved one of my cameras, just gone through 172 pictures on the sd card and had only about ten usable shots,of deer and badgers, this is the type of area I,m hunting in, I have just walked across the large expanse of flat land then climbed a steep gorge to the top, this kind of vantage point allows you to sit and watch all the deer movement in the valley below also were the sheep are and is hit by the morning sun plus it's on private property so sees very few people it's the kind of vantage point I think a top predator would call home, I make this journey two or three times a week and run seven cameras along this ridge line, I,m also 54 years old with a few problems that make me trip fall and stumble some times, so although it's not for everyone at least people can see the kind of terrain and general effort that goes into it if anyone does fancy a go, sorry I have not answered everyone's questions but it gets a little to fast for me sometimes cheers

post-102539-0-51009800-1493912234_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Unfortunately and it's a point I made to greyman was that there is nothing to compare the size with on the video I seen ... greyman told me he had footage on another d vice of a domestic cat walking the same area and the size difference was substantial... however I didn't see the other footage .......

If i took a picture just of my ol chap it would look quite big.......but if i put a box of matches in the same picture :D

We can all find another device to fall back on ;)

How can you tell that a cat is big with nothing to scale it to.

When I say scale I mean it wasn't sat next to a milk crate or anything ... there was foliage and such like in the background but then how tall is the said foliage ... who the fukc knows ... however I'd like to think I know the difference between the size and movement of a moggy compared with something substantially bigger ......
alright mate just sorting through my sd cards and came across this the photo is,nt great as its a photo of my laptop screen but the fox is in the same spot as the cub/kitten was and if you can recall the cat was three loops of the fence long so should give you a bit of a size comparison

post-102539-0-10108800-1493914515_thumb.jpg

Edited by Greyman