What Adds More Drive Into A Lurcher Beddy Or Collie?

For those folk that need a animal that can be worked and hopefully get the the best from it get a grey or has damn near has one has possible no problems at keeping it Tiverton it'll lie there all day other tan getting up for a shit or piss gets bed sores because of the idle regime they have evolved in easy type ta keep usually the man that keeps these types hav the same complex nature bone more drive in a fecking mouse.atb bunnys.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@ Fuji...   I think we have all been guilty of staying up too late and getting ourselves embroiled in senseless argument,...it is part and parcel of being passionate about the dogs. It is always

i like a bit of beddy and collie in my dawg

73 next month, happy as pigs in shit, got myself a decent little rabbiter , wife keeps asking me , what do you want for your birthday, nowt is my reply, ive got it all

Posted Images

There is a VAST difference to attacking a big dumb critter ,.to handling it efficiently... :doh:

As for Malinois (and other, similar jukels) with a miniscule herding /droving/flock guarding ancestry in their linage will attest,..they cannot match a contemporary Cowdog or similar purpose bred worker at handling livestock...In truth,..a determined bullock would cripple any foolhardy cur that gripped ,.and kept hold.... :blink:

The attack dogs have been guided down a different path,..and like German Shepherds,.it generally involves working a two legged prey, as opposed to a Bovine fecker..

Malinois out after the rabbits/Foxes...........whatever.... :laugh:

CNV00015.jpg

that's a fair point phil, taking a man down is easy really for a 80-100lb committed dog , but like you say 1/2 ton of hoof ,different ball game .And in fact even a animal as small as 14-20lb fox , once a dog been bitten few times from old charlie , it surprising how many dogs big /small dont fancy that job to often lol , it like you get some dogs would rip to pieces if you went on there property, or want to fight every dog it meets, but put that same dog up against a 18 lb fox , or a big stag that dont want play tick no more , you see how tough that dog is then lol , alot are only tough when they feel comfy bidle + confident in what they they are doing . :yes: Dogs can drive you nuts at times deff, my dog Buck likes people, he doesn't guard , like dogs he dont like trouble he quite big wimp really, but if a fox or a deer ever broke in to my house lol ,or attacked me god help them lol you carnt way the bloody things up at times . lol

What surprises me most why some folk automatically presumes a guarding type animal bred from hundreds of yrs of herding dogs when xes with greys lurchers etc automatically stay guarding dogs fecking numpties no experience of such xes on a whole by that I don't mean by y keeping the odd in I mean over several and more of the type ,Ray yas say ya own animal laid back etc kills red s and other things but the dogs bred from a cheque alsation bitch fa fecks sake surely this has a bearing how Buck his and fa lloydy fa fecks sake he seen the odd uns if he has done any true experience on em he would have wrote a fe King book of made a video fact fecking Cana get yas fecking lot remember me 1 he was thinking of a whippet grey Ray till advice otherwise you lot make my piss boil atb bunnys.

Ray if buck starting guarding his terrotory tomorrow would that major less of a dog in the field ,simple question of course not collie enthusiasts look da stud that will face cattle down and put there teeth what the fecks up with biased folk who should have more sence I know what it tells me ,its just that they have to see fa there sells get ya feck head from up ya auses. And see it for what it his. The perfect canine needs working whippet ta give the collie xes what it ain't got drive a hardiness mentally or why not use a small border with a small grey because they being tried and found wanting .atb bunnys.

Funny how the very best documented cur types came from non description collie types a million mikes from sheep dogs and also posses other breeds in there make up that's a fact some of these cur dogs don't know the meaning of herding in the sense of the modern all eye modern day collies .if it don't get em first time round it sure does come next round fact.atb bunnys.

• Like 1

What surprises me most why some folk automatically presumes a guarding type animal bred from hundreds of yrs of herding dogs when xes with greys lurchers etc automatically stay guarding dogs fecking numpties no experience of such xes on a whole by that I don't mean by y keeping the odd in I mean over several and more of the type ,Ray yas say ya own animal laid back etc kills red s and other things but the dogs bred from a cheque alsation bitch fa fecks sake surely this has a bearing how Buck his and fa lloydy fa fecks sake he seen the odd uns if he has done any true experience on em he would have wrote a fe King book of made a video fact fecking Cana get yas fecking lot remember me 1 he was thinking of a whippet grey Ray till advice otherwise you lot make my piss boil atb bunnys.

?

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2

Is love to know what these dogs are killing........I really would!

I'm always thinking that when reading this forum...............stuff mere mortals can only dream of? Haha

• Like 4

Bill,you've had a long night writing all these posts fella,christ you ain't slept lol going by the times you've been posting haha...Don't do what i do & let this place grind you down,go have a few hours kip,recharge your batteries & come back with all guns blazing ?

• Like 4

Of course experimenting is the way forward or you just stagnate. All established Lurchers now where at one time an experiment.

there was a time, not that long ago, that no lurcher man would entertain adding saluki to a lurcher. Now its like half of 'em are feathered eared plodders.

Saluki are and always have been running and hunting dogs so not much of an experiment was it? just opening the eyes of the uninnitiated and improving some of the "lurchers " that are and mostly hunting dog x,s

• Like 2

Bill,you've had a long night writing all these posts fella,christ you ain't slept lol going by the times you've been posting haha...Don't do what i do & let this place grind you down,go have a few hours kip,recharge your batteries & come back with all guns blazing

:laugh:@ Fuji...

I think we have all been guilty of staying up too late and getting ourselves embroiled in senseless argument,...it is part and parcel of being passionate about the dogs.

It is always a shame when an interesting debate/discussion gets ruined, by bringing personalities into the conversation,..but, once again, that is the t'Internet.. :laugh:

The original poster was only asking about drive in a lurcher and whether or not other enthusiasts favored, a collie or a bedlington ?

Hardly controversial, a simple harmless question,..with an easily provided answer,..and mostly down,.. to personal preference... :yes:

Anyway,..another day dawns,..and another chat to enjoy,..and hopefully to learn from...

Personally,..I have no prejudice towards any type of running dog hybrid,...I like them all,...but,..as a rabbiter,.I would have no need for anything special,...to own such a phenomenal beast would simply be a criminal waste,..so I stick with my wee Collie curs.

Obviously,..when I have a walk out with younger, keener,more committed lads and see their fabulous dogs 'in action',..I do feel a bit of a div,..but there ya go,..

We do, what we do,...it is, what it is... :yes:

I think its good that lads who fancy to improve their lurcher types , go for it...

As hunting men we should always be striving to produce a better type, than the one before.

This is an easy concept for most thinking men to grasp,...no need for others to criticise them and definitely, no need for them to become defensive, simply because others do not agree with them...

Years ago,..I tried to produce dogs for my own use, by breeding, from a little known type of herding canine,...(fairly rare in the UK ),...and to say that I was ridiculed and admonished by folk, would be an understatement :laugh: But,..I stuck to my guns and for a few years, I owned what I wanted,....so,...to anyone who wishes to do the same and breed something different, I would only wish them well....and try to remain focused,...and chilled...

Each to their own... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 16

I wonder why others bother to get upset if somebody wants to breed a particular type. If I'm not feeding it I couldn't care if they bred a basset hound to a greyhound. (Well it is a hunting type and hasn't been done yet). I wonder how much they would sell for? Best of luck to them whatever the type.

• Like 1

As Phil says it's interesting to mull over in an internet kind of way......it gets you thinking.

And as Jiggy rightly points out it won't affect anyone's life one little bit but if you didn't have the two and fro every thread would be two replies:

" question, does so and so do such and such"

Reply "what ever!"

So, long may the talking of utter bollocks amongst men continue !

Good health !

• Like 1