What Does Being British Mean To You?

I saw this asked on another forum and, it struck me as a very interesting question.

To me, I think that we like to help those that are genuinely in need but, if we think that someone is taking the piss, that's when the teeth come out.

We'll help and support the underdog to the end but, Woe betide those that mistake kindness for weakness.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To me it's the indomitable spirit in the face of adversity where we Brits historically come to our own.   The Battle Of Britain fighter pilots outnumbered 4-1 but still went up every day and fought

The best thing about being British is that you dont have to be American.

Being British to me is walking and hunting the lad my grandparents did,drinking the same Ale in the same pubs they did.Visiting every corner of our Isle and exploring the fauna and flora.Having the ha

Posted Images

The best thing about being British is that you dont have to be American.

Never thought I would ever say it Gnash, but the way this country is going, given the opportunity I think I would prefer to be an American living in the states.

Hope something changes one day to change my mind, but I won't hold my breath.

• Like 2

Being British to me is walking and hunting the lad my grandparents did,drinking the same Ale in the same pubs they did.Visiting every corner of our Isle and exploring the fauna and flora.Having the hairs on the nape stand at the sound of a bagpipe,a Welsh choir or an English or Irish folk singer.Living in a democracy that tilts to the side ive little in common with and walking daily past the most beautiful women in the world,plus finest lurchers and terriers.

• Like 7

Bein british is about being able to do as we please, might take bit hard graft bit most goals are achievable, we got freedoms other countrys can only dream of an yet still have a great way of life, we might have lost sight of things past few years, but this is great britain, an im sure we will be great again, soon

Name some freedoms we got Katchum?

My opinion is we are fed lies about are country being so good and the best [BANNED TEXT] really it's a load of shite and when you get out ther and live in a few different country's you will really get a taste of what freedom really is and start to see how shite and governed we are In The uk

Bein british is about being able to do as we please, might take bit hard graft bit most goals are achievable, we got freedoms other countrys can only dream of an yet still have a great way of life, we might have lost sight of things past few years, but this is great britain, an im sure we will be great again, soon

My opinion is we are fed lies about are country being so good and the best [bANNED TEXT] really it's a load of shite and when you get out ther and live in a few different country's you will really get a taste of what freedom really is and start to see how shite and governed we are In The uk

Thats like the Monty Python Film and what have the Romans ever done for us.

My opinion is we are fed lies about are country being so good and the best [bANNED TEXT] really it's a load of shite and when you get out ther and live in a few different country's you will really get a taste of what freedom really is and start to see how shite and governed we are In The uk

We can travel or emigrate, we can choose to getter ourselfs, we can choose to educate ourself, we can maintain a nice life with all mod cons yet know fine well we all have a safety net in the dole an nhs, free education for our kids, or option to buy a better one, list goes on mate, and if it wasnt for great britain, most the countrys you talk about would be nowt

very good points . Its not perfect but everything is laid on for the potential to make whatever you want with your life . If you want it you just have to work hard and take it . Its not perfect but nothing is

• Like 1

We can travel or emigrate, we can choose to getter ourselfs, we can choose to educate ourself, we can maintain a nice life with all mod cons yet know fine well we all have a safety net in the dole an nhs, free education for our kids, or option to buy a better one, list goes on mate, and if it wasnt for great britain, most the countrys you talk about would be nowt

we can do most of that in any western civilised country's tho maybe it just me I think uk is crap to many laws and rules to many people. people getting less for rape and child molesting than people doing far lesser crimes nhs lol your lucky to get seen round are end the waiting rooms like a market in Nigeria lol

To me the best thing about being British is the freedom to hunt on any land I like in or around Leyburn.

You must be one of the Brits that travel about 20 miles to far to hunt,have you Welsh lineage?.

• Like 1

very good points . Its not perfect but everything is laid on for the potential to make whatever you want with your life . If you want it you just have to work hard and take it . Its not perfect but nothing is

No mate its far from perfect, but its ours an by far the best out there

I've run out of likes today but, these posts by Katchum and Red are spot on :yes::good: