Christmas Dinner ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm doing a buffet and making Christmas dinner last for two days! A joint of beef, a gammon, a turkey and a venison leg. I'm just going to cover the dinning table in food and have chips, roast potatoe

The hardest bit was getting away from the keeper with my trousers round my ankles!

Roast turkey followed by turkey sandwiches for tea. Boxing day cold turkey, ham and pickles followed by turkey and ham sandwiches. Mmmmm.   And probably the day after too.

Never had turkey at Christmas in my house. As it's just me and my daughter (the wife is a vegi) I'm thinking Pheasant or duck or something.

A few years ago I bought a boned pheasant which was filled with stuffing, I have no idea how the hell they managed to bone it and leave it looking like a full bird but it was amazing and very tasty!

I boned a pheasant once but it didn't make good eating afterwards, a bit salty.

• Like 4

Never had turkey at Christmas in my house. As it's just me and my daughter (the wife is a vegi) I'm thinking Pheasant or duck or something.

A few years ago I bought a boned pheasant which was filled with stuffing, I have no idea how the hell they managed to bone it and leave it looking like a full bird but it was amazing and very tasty!

Is it hard work? I have zero butchering skills but it would be nice to try it.

I wonder why it was salty?

• Like 1

The hardest bit was getting away from the keeper with my trousers round my ankles!

• Like 6

We took my Mum out for Xmas dinner one year. It's just not the same, not to mention horrendously expensive.

I think it suits some people depending on where they are in their lives. If you haven't got many people for xmas dinner for whatever reason, maybe just the immediate family, then i think it could be good being in a busy country restaurant, for the atmosphere.

90 quid a head seems a typical price but I'd certainly pay it, at least one year to see what its likes. I reckon in a decent pub it'd be sound.

You have to try everything at least once. We were in a decent pub and the food and drink was very good. It's hard to explain but not being able to mong out in your favourite armchair when you feel like it kind of spoilt it for me.

yep its nice chill with full belly on your favorite settee after lol , you get some strange looks laying on top of the table in the restaurant , when the dinner finished :laugh:

• Like 5

Ha ha brilliant

something+good+08+2.jpg

• Like 1

Well decided this year we will not do the usual visiting everyone.....wee man should get to play with his toys and everyone can come to me if they wish. As for dinner it's going to be turkey and I'm having a bit venison. Probably gorge myself on prawn cocktail as per usual and struggle with the main. Drinks will commence early as I can...?

• Like 1

I'm doing a buffet and making Christmas dinner last for two days! A joint of beef, a gammon, a turkey and a venison leg. I'm just going to cover the dinning table in food and have chips, roast potatoes all set ready to stick in over whenever people fancy em...

There's me and the mrs and two boys. 5 of her family, 3 of mine. My step son asked his dad and his dad mentioned his dad is alone so he's coming as well. Our 80 year old ex neighbour has just lost her twin brother so is alone....so she's coming as well....so that s 15 for Christmas lol ?

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 12