Christmas Dinner ?

I guess most of us will go with the turkey option, but it wouldn't be my first choice. Anyone having the more traditional goose ? Maybe you're a lamb or beef lover........

Anyone eating out for Christmas ? That seems to be getting more popular these days, but it's probably the most expensive option ?

So, what's on your menu ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm doing a buffet and making Christmas dinner last for two days! A joint of beef, a gammon, a turkey and a venison leg. I'm just going to cover the dinning table in food and have chips, roast potatoe

The hardest bit was getting away from the keeper with my trousers round my ankles!

Roast turkey followed by turkey sandwiches for tea. Boxing day cold turkey, ham and pickles followed by turkey and ham sandwiches. Mmmmm.   And probably the day after too.

We took my Mum out for Xmas dinner one year. It's just not the same, not to mention horrendously expensive.

I think it suits some people depending on where they are in their lives. If you haven't got many people for xmas dinner for whatever reason, maybe just the immediate family, then i think it could be good being in a busy country restaurant, for the atmosphere.

90 quid a head seems a typical price but I'd certainly pay it, at least one year to see what its likes. I reckon in a decent pub it'd be sound.

• Like 1

We took my Mum out for Xmas dinner one year. It's just not the same, not to mention horrendously expensive.

I think it suits some people depending on where they are in their lives. If you haven't got many people for xmas dinner for whatever reason, maybe just the immediate family, then i think it could be good being in a busy country restaurant, for the atmosphere.

90 quid a head seems a typical price but I'd certainly pay it, at least one year to see what its likes. I reckon in a decent pub it'd be sound.

You have to try everything at least once. We were in a decent pub and the food and drink was very good. It's hard to explain but not being able to mong out in your favourite armchair when you feel like it kind of spoilt it for me.

Never had turkey at Christmas in my house. As it's just me and my daughter (the wife is a vegi) I'm thinking Pheasant or duck or something.

A few years ago I bought a boned pheasant which was filled with stuffing, I have no idea how the hell they managed to bone it and leave it looking like a full bird but it was amazing and very tasty!

Turkey, pork, ham and sometimes goose as well. We are twelve for Xmas dinner this year so have bought a 10kilo turkey and the boy is supplying the goose. I normally get to cook two turkeys one for a family member that burns everything, the best bit is I get to keep the stock I freeze it down and then use it throughout the year for gravey's. TBH Boxing day is my favourite meal all the cold meats with home made pickles and crispy chips.

TC