Which One Are You ?

I,m a number three I guess, but as I always go out on my own I have no one to compare with or get embarrassed by, so on my outings my dogs are always the best, I,m also quite old and f****d physically like bird so I,m probably much more patient than I was, and I think some of my better dogs have been the slower ones to get started, that goes for terriers as well, I now just enjoy walking, I,m not hungry and there is not the money in fur, meat and fish that there was when I was a young man, so a days walking out with the dogs and if they catch things I will give it the curtesy it deserves and eat it, but if they don't I don't care, I have also got myself a few of those trail cameras that I like to dot around on my travels so I probably catch more photos than quarry these days, but it keeps me moving and I can't get nicked for taking pics of deer, hares and badgers,

• Like 6

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just enjoy my dogs I'd pretty much say every dog has a fault some where! I have a standard in my head my mutts must meet but other than that I'm not out to have the best dogs or be the best I don't

I'm number 4 lol..A part time has been who's enjoyed the ride along the way..Been fortunate to own one or two handy jukels over the years..Now that I have long lost the ego to have/want & need of

What about number 5   The lad who's desperate to be a legendary dog man, comes on thl not knowing jack and 3 months later is handing out advice like he's talking to children (most of whom are probab

Posted Images

Before no1 moves on does he sell the dog with weaknesses by lying about its abilities and so become a no2 for a while (a shit)? or does he do the honest thing and kill it because he believes the dog is not good enough to make a worker? Which no1 were you Juba? 1a or 1b or were you a bit of both?....yes thats right...A....1....2....B... which is technically partly a number 3.

Edited by jeemes
  • Like 1

I think everyone should be a balance between 1 and 3.

If your happy with any old shit then deep down you won't be happy. I learnt hard way by being too soft. I wasted alot of time lamping with a shit dog to the point I questioned whether I even enjoyed doing it anymore...I knew I did by seeing other good dogs lol so bit the bullet and shot the Bullet too. I feel I'm moving in the way I should with dogs now. Certainly not looking for the best, but good enough to enjoy.

• Like 1

No number ones or twos lol wonder who it is that buying an selling all these dogs about haha

I'm number 1 if that's what you'd like to call it but I certainly wouldn't sell a bad dog

Na mate nobody would, yet theres lots about, mad aint it..

I know what your saying but I can assure you I don't give away or sell a bad dog...

Right lads and lassies been thinking about this for a while....been at the hunting game me whole life always loved it as the man says if its in your blood bla bla bla.. But I think I can break our people down to 3 categories...

No 1 the dog man that is full on...he doesn't fook about if the dogs no good or shows any weaknesses at all start again..move on

No 2 is the dog man who gets a half decent dog builds a reputation around it and milks it financially for what its worth..lies and all included...

No 3 is the dog owner that knows that its mutt has its faults but gets excited by the small things and accepts that's his hound has faults but sees by this because the dog is his companion I've been no 1 and I'm now 3.. maybe I'm getting old atb

ive never met a good dog man that changes his dogs every 2 minutes, most of them are messers who do alot of talking about others good dogs.

what about the blokes who have had a handfull of dogs all there life and they have been good grafters. would you say they were serious/good knowledgeable dog men or just lucky lol. no dog is perfect mate they all have a fault or 2.

• Like 2

I'm a 3 ,sometimes want to be a 1 but think it's not down to the dog but the owner. Persevere with the dog get rewarded does something outstanding and once again best dog in the world. Dog misses something back to 1 again but will always be a 3 because that's hunting and that's dogs.

• Like 1

the dog im running now iv had all season and a few months before ,what i brought him he was 13 month old and not worth a carrot took him out 3 or 4 nights he was missing ten killing one or 0 i thought there was no hope for him he woulent touch a hedge no strike and would over run by 30yd but he was all i had at the time so i stuck with him within a month he went from killing 2 a night to 20+ rabbits and few big ones on local land id never killed more than 10 on a good nigt and hardly missing on the same land i was takeing friends with there older dogs that had done alot of work and they couldent touch him hes the best dog lamper iv had and its his first season i hope he keeps on as he has started iv slowed things down alot with him not to ruin him the dog has taught me alot theres nothing he hasent tried his hand at and has given it all a shot only thing he wont touch is D,i only have him and my two pups on and if it stays that way for a good few seasons ill be happy sick of changeing dogs iv had some of my best night lamping with him i think he could be capeable of some big bags on the right land15203407_10208020657970182_812573111957715192643_10209132233876097_261746075946215267800_10209132234276107_899705041210015288717_10209132234116103_355772206054815241395_10209132231076027_6496995507472

• Like 3