Accents

My mrs is from Limerick. She's lost a lot of her accent and I don't even notice it now, but when other people do, she's been asked if she's American, Australian, South African but never bogtrotter.

Now she's picking up Welsh phrases, she is. :laugh:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its the perfect model for the European dream, fill all the rented acomadation in the area with poor people with limited communication skills from all quarters of the world,so they won't moan, move eve

This sort of confusion happens whenever i talk people from a different area of the country. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz2-ukrd2VQ

Bright jackets ? And tracksuits lol

My mrs is from Limerick. She's lost a lot of her accent and I don't even notice it now, but when other people do, she's been asked if she's American, Australian, South African but never bogtrotter.

Doing everything now in a minute is it butt. LOL
  • Like 1

My accent's not really from anywhere.

I grew up in Reading. My family are a mix of Welsh, Gypsy and South Londoners.

I don't sound like my mates from back home and, people in Swindon ask me what part of London I'm from :rolleyes:

Apparently, if I start ranting about something, my accent gets stronger.

Doing everything now in a minute is it butt. LOL

It is butt. Fair play!

I live near to avonmouth now or little Poland as its now known and you can spot a pole a mile off, big lads ,crew cuts and as Kanny said a right flat head at the back, what's that all about, do there mothers give birth standing up and just let em hit the floor? Oh and I have the broadest West Country accent that you only get from growing up in a right rough council estate, I can usually even identify people around Bristol by there local accent, I speak like wurzel gumage and am proud as punch of my roots

I was there not a few hours ago on the hightstreet window down not one voice walking past was English and that is true

its the perfect model for the European dream, fill all the rented acomadation in the area with poor people with limited communication skills from all quarters of the world,so they won't moan, move every big retailers warehouses into one area, build miles of footpaths and cycle tracks to the large warehouses from the council estates near bye, because they won't need or be able to afford a car and you have modern day slavery, sold under the heading of free movement of labour, is it any wonder the libs are crying so much over brexit and trump,
  • Like 7

I live near to avonmouth now or little Poland as its now known and you can spot a pole a mile off, big lads ,crew cuts and as Kanny said a right flat head at the back, what's that all about, do there mothers give birth standing up and just let em hit the floor? Oh and I have the broadest West Country accent that you only get from growing up in a right rough council estate, I can usually even identify people around Bristol by there local accent, I speak like wurzel gumage and am proud as punch of my roots

I was there not a few hours ago on the hightstreet window down not one voice walking past was English and that is true

its the perfect model for the European dream, fill all the rented acomadation in the area with poor people with limited communication skills from all quarters of the world,so they won't moan, move every big retailers warehouses into one area, build miles of footpaths and cycle tracks to the large warehouses from the council estates near bye, because they won't need or be able to afford a car and you have modern day slavery, sold under the heading of free movement of labour, is it any wonder the libs are crying so much over brexit and trump,
Well put sir.

I was born in dorset grew up in donny, the hartlepool, then jock land, then back to donny and in 5th house in donny now! It takes me about 2 weeks to pick up an accent and sound like Ive been there forever. I worked wi a lot of deedars last few years and have picked up a habit of calling everyone love, even blokes!